The online racing simulator
Sony Vaio webcam not working
(13 posts, started )
I own a Sony Vaio (model: VGN-AR51J) which has a built-in webcam (model name/number thing: USB Video Device 05ca:1839) and it does not work.

This problem started ever since I installed windows 7 onto my laptop. Before, it had windows vista installed onto it and the webcam was working fine.

I've tried updating the driver, entering the bios and restoring factory settings, going onto the sony website and downloading the original driver pack and trid a bunch of driver updating programs but still, I can't get the webcam to work.

Before when I was using windows vista, I could see the driver which was called: Sony Visual Communication Camera but now, it is just named: USB video device.

Any idea on how I can get the webcam to work with windows 7? And would re-installing windows vista help resolve the issue?

Thanks.
Anyone?
Are you sure you installed the right drivers for Windows 7? Try looking up Sony eSupport and type your model number to get the proper drivers. I'm pretty sure if it worked on Vista it should work on 7 too.
Quote from Kristi :Are you sure you installed the right drivers for Windows 7? Try looking up Sony eSupport and type your model number to get the proper drivers. I'm pretty sure if it worked on Vista it should work on 7 too.

I can't find the webcam driver on the sony website. I did manage to find one on a CNET site but when I tried to install it, an error came up saying 'your model is not supported' plus sony haven't replied to me yet. Would re-installing windows vista do the trick?
Most Vista drivers work on 7, but not all, so it might fix the problem but noone can say for sure. You can try using the webcam with a third party software without a driver. It might work.
Agree, Vista driver should work, try uninstall thru device manager, restart, ignore auto find and update, and try the original Vista driver/Software.

Or, put in max ram and go back to vista if it's important. Or run logitech camera etc and ignore/shut off the installed sony thingy.

It's only there so the NSA can watch u anyway
Quote from Racer X NZ :It's only there so the NSA can watch u anyway

Don't know about OP, but this is my opinion on the NSA.

Also, if you aren't guilty of something, you have nothing to hide. (But a little privacy is still a nice thing to have.)
Oh yes, your so right......

Cuz no business ever has commercially sensitive information they don't want to publicly share with their competitors.............

Crawl back into your shell and try to leave grown up conversations to grown up's.
Your collective ignorance never manages to suprise me for some strange reason.

TL;DR, Phuq giving US companies all our private business info !
Quote from Racer X NZ :
It's only there so the NSA can watch u anyway

It must be fun watching hundreds of thousands of hours upon hours upon hours of footage of acne-riddled teenagers fapping, just on the offchance that ones of them accidentally holds up a card with the addresses and photos of the key members of Anonymous.

Also this:

Quote from Racer X NZ :Oh yes, your so right......

Cuz no business ever has commercially sensitive information they don't want to publicly share with their competitors.............

Crawl back into your shell and try to leave grown up conversations to grown up's.
Your collective ignorance never manages to suprise me for some strange reason.

TL;DR, Phuq giving US companies all our private business info !

I see you are in a mood to argue. Well, let me tell you something... If you are so concerned about NSA spying on some certain people and not stuff that is more serious, like high unemployment rates, or deforestation (which is actually a pretty serious thing), or slavery (not in the workplace, but real slavery) and abuse of a high percentage of workers around the world, then you are a pretty f***ed up person.
Now go and talk to the "grown-ups" about how you were ashamed to fap in front of your webcam because you were afraid somebody from the NSA spied on you. (sorry for sounding similar to you with this, Crashgate, hope you won't get mad )
I think one can be concerned about NSA spying AND other stuff that is serious AT THE SAME TIME. surprise.
Quote from majod :I think one can be concerned about NSA spying AND other stuff that is serious AT THE SAME TIME. surprise.

Yes, but his posture makes it look like it is the biggest problem our world ever had.
So "I'm ashamed to FAP in front of a webcam?"

Wrong generation dude. I have this thing called a "relationship" with a real human, I leave the online crap to those who don't.

Facts are far more interesting, http://www.independent.co.uk/n ... b-in-britain-9391406.html
http://endthelie.com/2014/03/1 ... s-mccain-considers-probe/

That one is really funny, pot calling and all........
Apparently, spying on everyone else is fine, spying on the congress is verbooten. Who knows what filth they'd turn up.....?

On topic, the Vista drivers with 7 should work, that's what I use with customers machines, let us know if that sorts the issue.

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG