The online racing simulator
Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
Maximising profits is precisely what makes me think that the next gen consoles have been delayed by gta5. People ARE going to buy consoles for this game! And lots of people are going to buy this game full stop. If we were 2 months into the next gen, a ps3/360 title would be far less successful, regardless of how good it is. Sony and ms don't care which console we buy games for either, as long as we do.
*warning* users above me are butthurt becuz of epicnesss. yumadbrah?
Not to sound like a dick, but is it really that big? It surely doesn't. Not that much roads either. Or is it just a matter of scale?

edit: lol **** if this is true, nevermind!

Hoooooooooooly mother****ing **** that is ****ing huge.....
And ALLLLLLLLL that water is also explorable with the scuba diving and the submarine DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

edit: if you look in the bottom left corner you can see a distance legend, 3000ft on top and 1000m on bottom. Then you see that it's big
My rough calculations says about 75-80 Kilometers Y and about 35-40 Kilometers X.

So about 2.800 Square kilometres, which is about 1/5th of the size of probably the biggest map ever in a game, FUEL.

GOOD FUN.
Also there is a NASCAR oval in Vinewood and a dirt track near Harmony.
Quote from Bose321 :edit: lol **** if this is true, nevermind!

The one thing that gets me about this is that the city blocks in GTA IV seem smaller than the GTA V blocks. To me, that says the GTA V map is a bit smaller than we think, but only maybe by like 10%.

Anyway, I think I heard the map has about 21 square miles of land. Pretty big, but after playing ARMA III that sounds like nothing.
Quote from Dennis93 :My rough calculations says about 75-80 Kilometers Y and about 35-40 Kilometers X.

So about 2.800 Square kilometres, which is about 1/5th of the size of probably the biggest map ever in a game, FUEL.

GOOD FUN.

Optimism is optimistic!

No way near that big if that's a KM in the scale at the corner. Maybe ten across, a little less than double that north to south?

Edit: Still clearly a vast map!
Just bought a nearly brand new PS3. Now I need to find a store that still sells the game.

My body is ready.
Quote from Bose321 :Just bought a nearly brand new PS3. Now I need to find a store that still sells the game.

My body is ready.

why not pre order from psn?
I want a physical copy.
Pre-order from Amazon or the like then
I think he's screwed up the scale. The lower scale is obviously up to 1000m, so the top scale must be 3000ft, not 5000.
Noticed something while re-watching the trailers, someone might consider this a spoiler even though it's all been shown in trailers and the website.

SPOILER WARN!

Edit: NM, last pic might not be the same char after going through frame by frame.
All good and well, but how do we know who is right?
Because the map has a scale on it which would make their gta4 map stupidly small?

Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG