The online racing simulator
Am I being a moron? ["connection timed out" hosting own server]
Hello!

So, I managed to convince my friend to buy LFS and come drift with me! However, when I create an online server, he tries to join and get the error "connection timed out".

Ive searched and searched for a fix, but I cant find one! Please help me somone!

Quote from Shortass112 :Hello!

So, I managed to convince my friend to buy LFS and come drift with me! However, when I create an online server, he tries to join and get the error "connection timed out".

Ive searched and searched for a fix, but I cant find one! Please help me somone!

You have to open ports to run LFS hosts.
Why don't you go online?
How do I open the ports?

If you mean, why haven't you gone online before, its because I had no friends that played LFS before ;(
Quote from Shortass112 :How do I open the ports?

If you mean, why haven't you gone online before, its because I had no friends that played LFS before ;(

google it, since it's different for every router
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :google it, since it's different for every router

So, google my router. Open the ports.

Should I download the dedicated server client? Or still use the in game multiplayer?
#6 - Zay
Quote from Shortass112 :So, google my router. Open the ports.

Should I download the dedicated server client? Or still use the in game multiplayer?

You realize there are many, many great drift servers already on LFS that you and your friend could play on without the hassle of opening a new server AND polluting the list of hosts with even more drift servers, js.
Quote from Shortass112 :So, google my router. Open the ports.

depends, I like to use the dedicated more then the ingame multiplayer. Just be sure with both to have the port you opened in the settings and be sure that you IP is right

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG