The online racing simulator
LFS Driver Profile Cannot load
(10 posts, started )
I was on LFS one night and shut down my computer as normal, but when i came to go on again it was like the game was reset and asked me for what language i wanted and stuff, so i went to click on my profile to reload but it just says cannot load file. whats going on??

i took a screenshot,
-
(JonoGore) DELETED by dekojester : unhelpful & disrespectful posts, and posts related to removed posts
-
(JonoGore) DELETED by dekojester : unhelpful & disrespectful posts, and posts related to removed posts
its the driver profile being corrupted,what causes it i dont know sorry.

its in your lfs/data/misc folder if im correct
Quote from bishtop :its the driver profile being corrupted,what causes it i dont know sorry.

its in your lfs/data/misc folder if im correct

thanks pal. yeah its in that folder. would like to know what is causing it as i have to make new accounts every time i close and re open game, getting annoying..
the only cause i can think that it may possibly be is not closing down lfs proper (example: minimizing lfs then right clicking the window and click on close. or maybe if youve timed out on a server(i can only guess)

and your welcome,i hope you find a solution soon
Do you have administrator rights on the folder? That might be the problem.
-
(MrSam) DELETED by dekojester : unhelpful & disrespectful posts, and posts related to removed posts
-
(Bose321) DELETED by dekojester : unhelpful & disrespectful posts, and posts related to removed posts
It has happened to a few people and there are several threads about it.

I would guess if you can't solve it, the quickest way is just download and reinstall a clean lfs. Just remember to back up you skins, sets, dds etc
-
(Bmxtwins) DELETED by dekojester : unhelpful & disrespectful posts, and posts related to removed posts
mayby will help you removing all .ply files from the data\misc folder
OR
Quote from GAVD999 :(...) the quickest way is just download and reinstall a clean lfs. Just remember to back up you skins, sets, dds etc

as above but instead remove the affected ply file.then you can use that name again. remembering that the name may have ^3^ or similar in it as thats for any colours used in that said racer name
thanks, il try deleting the .ply file and redownload lfs. il let you know how it goes
It worked!! re downloaded and saved skins, setups ect..

no problems now. thanks guys

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG