The online racing simulator
alzo litrtur iz sooo ovrrtd.
yus thos nurds tulk lik tey sum importunt ppl, aktully tey just sum nurds.
Quote from BlueFlame :
To get 45 what you did was use an algebra calculator instead of your brain.

Why the hell would you divide 90 by 2? There's nothing there to suggest you should do that... Other than some stupid method learnt in a school by a teacher who only knows Mathematics method from the 1850's.

oh my fcking god...I think i just ran out of replies.

edit* anyway let's move on:

Quote from BlueFlame :
Why the hell would you divide 90 by 2?

Because you are solving for x?????????????????????
?
??????????????????????
??????????
............................................??????

late to the party

Oh my god. Some of you are F****NG RETARDED!!! I'm actually wasting paper for this...

Proof that it's 45
Quote from Sobis :Oh my god. Some of you are F****NG RETARDED!!! I'm actually wasting paper for this...

Proof that it's 45

Why do you have to waste paper for it, its easy.
2x=(360/4)
1. 360/4 = 90
2. It says to solve for x, but we have gotten so far that we know that 2x=90
3. To know what x is, we need to divide it by 2.
4. 2x=90 x=? 90/2=45
5. Conclusion, x is 45
If jake isn't trolling im seriously worried. one simply cannot be that retarded
heauhehaaehehahaah that's funny because justin bieber is a girl
I have to admit i also forgot that kind of math, when there's nothing beatween 2 and X (no minus, plus etc.)
Quote from BlueFlame :Well that's what BS this all is Dustin, you hit the nail on the head. Numbers don't change and they shouldn't but the way some people get taught is to effectively make up variables in an equation that don't even exist on the paper they are reading from.

Actually, the way people get taught is that you don't make up your own rules in math. You are wrong. So, so wrong. Almost unbelievably wrong.

It's called balancing the equation. The variable is the thing you are solving for. That equals sign means that everything that comes before it is equal to what comes after it. 290 does not equal 360/4. It just doesn't. Therefore, you must divide the product of 360/4 by 2 to get the answer for the variable.

For the record, math doesn't change. It doesn't matter if you learned it in 1850 or in 2013; math is simply relationships between variables. Always has been, always will be. You saying it's wrong is like saying that a triangle actually has 5 sides, not 3 sides, because having 3 sides now makes it a turtleneck. From 1850.

A 2 beside a variable means that variable is multiplied by the 2. In the same way that a question mark at the end of a sentence means that the sentence is a question. Or do you not believe in questions, either? Maybe to you a question mark means Spatula.

Quote from JJ72 :Maths is the only truly universal language, saying it is bullshit is well.....pretty blueflame.

LOL
Quote from Bose321 :heauhehaaehehahaah that's funny because justin bieber is a girl

Well he is Canadian if that's what you mean.
Quote from CheerioDM :Well he is Canadian if that's what you mean.

That's funny, coming from an American. The country that invented metrosexuals.
Kiss me.
Always nice to see pictures older then the internet reposted on 9gag and then posted here.
Well, to be fair, for the new generation, those pictures are new.
Quote from MAGGOT :Actually, the way people get taught is that you don't make up your own rules in math. You are wrong. So, so wrong. Almost unbelievably wrong.

Well I've read the equation as it's written not how some method dictates it should be solved.

So you be the judge of who is wrong.

Fact of the matter is, someone taught you something and told you and you took is as gospel, not my fault if people are blind to thinking outside of their tiny minds.

There's probably 90% of the people who commented couldn't even work out the equation on their own anyway, but they chime in here trying to look smart. At the end of the day, algebra is retarded, if you're retarded enough to need to substitute numbers for alternate symbols because you can't hold anything in your brain for more than 3seconds then you probably need some retarded method.
Quote from BlueFlame :Well I've read the equation as it's written not how some method dictates it should be solved.

So you be the judge of who is wrong.

Fact of the matter is, someone taught you something and told you and you took is as gospel, not my fault if people are blind to thinking outside of their tiny minds.

There's probably 90% of the people who commented couldn't even work out the equation on their own anyway, but they chime in here trying to look smart. At the end of the day, algebra is retarded, if you're retarded enough to need to substitute numbers for alternate symbols because you can't hold anything in your brain for more than 3seconds then you probably need some retarded method.

I am being the judge of who is wrong. And you, sir, are wrong.

And no, you did not "solve" the equation based on how it was written. You incorrectly guessed what it meant. Math is not some faith-based witchcraft that you either believe in or don't, it's not something that you can 'take as gospel,' it's a very distinct pattern of relationships. That's it. There is no grey area for interpretation, it is what it is.

... And what it is, is 45.
Are we still in picture thread? Please..

The Inevitable Picture Thread IV: A New Funny
(3741 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG