The online racing simulator
Quote from vipex123 :Looks like Sutil may be in for a drive after all!

****,I don't wanna eat my hat!
Quote from Dygear :OMG, Please someone caption this ...

"Put water on the fire"

"There! That's where the meteorite landed!"
Williams FW35.

If anybody is wondering. The little thing that looks like a speaker on the front of the nose will only be on Pastor's car. When Pastor presses a certain button on the steering wheel, it blasts loudly "GET OUT OF THE WAY OR YOU WILL BE WRECKED"

#fact
That gap between engine compartment and rear wing... looks a bit weird to my eye
#180 - CSF
wat der fook dat nose from der sidez
Quote from CSF :wat der fook dat nose from der sidez

Guy who edited those photos should be shot

actually:

also minus shark fin

i mean wtf
Car looks absurd but kinda cool w/o the fin.
From Autosport forums thread...

vs

The Marussia almost looks like a real formula car!
Marussia looks like a shoebox to me... And that Williams without the fin... Not nice
The Maru.... Virgin looks like it has about 100mm of rear ride height! No wonder it's slow...
Tristan, they're preparing for the fact that the car spends most of its time off the track.
Ha ha!
Quote from Rappa Z :Tristan, they're preparing for the fact that the car spends most of its time off the track.

zing!

Easier logistics practicality too. No extra planks of wood needed :P
Some insane packaging with the Williams. Ugly but amazing in an engineering sense.
The williams looks really nice this year. Really liking the paintjob. Let's hope it is fast too so we can have 1-2 with kimi and valTTeri.

Oh yeah, and there is a new name in F1 for the non-finnish people to butcher...

I haven't really been paying much attention to testing but merc seems to be doing fine for a change?
Hamilton did a very impressive lap on hard tyres and 10 laps worth of fuel. It was at least competitive. Can't read too much into it.

Tyres seem to have mad degradation at the moment (cold track possible explanation). Vettel did a race sim in the afternoon and it looked like the tyres were lasting no longer than 10 or so laps. it seems to be affecting everyone. Should be better come Melbourne... should.
Quote from Intrepid : Should be better come Melbourne... should.

They're going to use supersofts and mediums in Australia. If it's going to be still hot there, they might run out of tyres.
Well the heat can actually help the tyres. Barcelona had high-deg in the 2012 tests but Melbourne was much better. but if they had a race tomorrow we'd be looking at 5-6 stops.
every year we hear about team expectations, they always talk about 5-6 pit stops, but in season it is always 1-2 stops, its like hiding real speed..
Quote from jopapuba :every year we hear about team expectations, they always talk about 5-6 pit stops, but in season it is always 1-2 stops, its like hiding real speed..

Well it's probably faster than stopping more times. Also they learn to handle the tyres much better over time.
It's mostly the first races to be "worried" about. And that's why i love every start of the season.
Yep the first races from Melbourne to Barcelona are always the most exciting ones to watch. I do hope that Lotus' car is as competitive as it was in the beginning of the last season. McLaren looks pretty good package though. My bets are with Button for this year WC
Hamilton will bu furious if McLaren take the DWC.
I can't see anyone other than Vettel taking the title. The RBR has been solidly the best car to have over the last 3 years, no reason why it won't continue this path.

The last test McLaren pulled out a mega lap, and equally in this test Hamilton did a mega lap on hards + highish fuel. So it's hard to read into anything too much

Formula 1 Season 2013
(1242 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG