The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from e2mustang :Looking at ur ingame name how u dont have any real bmw-s? i dont consider minins bmw

Always wanted an E39 ///M5, and my MINI is all BMW, uses lots of 3 series parts!

I've grown up with Dubs and tend to have more fun with them. Plus everyone wants to race a BMW lol.
Do they still have a Chrysler/Neon main block? I wish they'd gone with Mazda's K series as originally planed.. woulda breathed all kinds of new life into the MX-3/MX-6 world!
(and some of us could care less about BMW's, no offense)
that might be true,but most of us dont care about mazdas
Quote from Tinytacohead :Do they still have a Chrysler/Neon main block? I wish they'd gone with Mazda's K series as originally planed.. woulda breathed all kinds of new life into the MX-3/MX-6 world!
(and some of us could care less about BMW's, no offense)

It's a TriTec motor (BMW/Daimler joint) I don't know what the block is it is so packed in there lol. It's a 1.8L if that helps. It was designed in 1999/2000 for the 2001 model year.
Yeah it is. (Chrysler that is) According to a BMW tech friend awhile back, it's just the block. FWIW I wasn't knocking it, was just wondering as I quit following them first after they dropped the Mazda plan & pretty much completely, after losing track of the BMW buddy. (and remember reading about a possible Peugeot or Citroen powerplant change-up. just checked & guess that never happened though) BTW, love the Saab & would love to see more pics of it @ some point! Looking forward to the D2 as well.
Quote from e2mustang :that might be true,but most of us dont care about mazdas

better than a 3 series with shit m3 stickers all over it ;D
Quote from Tinytacohead :Yeah it is. (Chrysler that is) According to a BMW tech friend awhile back, it's just the block. FWIW I wasn't knocking it, was just wondering as I quit following them first after they dropped the Mazda plan & pretty much completely, after losing track of the BMW buddy. (and remember reading about a possible Peugeot or Citroen powerplant change-up. just checked & guess that never happened though) BTW, love the Saab & would love to see more pics of it @ some point! Looking forward to the D2 as well.

I find it hard to believe the block would be Chrysler as the Daimler-Chrysler merger was 1998, and this motor would have most likely been in development, I could be wrong. But if I am Chrysler got something post 1971 right lol. In 2007 the motor was switched over to Peugot when they went from the r50 and r53 to the r56(bigger body) followed but the r55(clubman) and r60(countryman). The r52 kept the 1.8 Tritec(that sounds so manly lol) until they switched it over to the r57(big body) in '09. They also switched from a supercharger to a sequential turbo setup with the swap.

Personally I have driven several of the new MINIs and they suck compared to the R53s like mine and the original minis like my old '62 Austin Mini 850cc US Spec

The D2 is prepped for our fiberglass repairs and will be powered by a 1957 Porsche 1600 normal, with Porsche brakes and trans, but Beetle chassis.

And today I attempted to clean the inner fender on the bunny but decided the paint is so thin I need a different cleaner so I don't chew away at paint.
Ahh Ok, I knew I'd read of a Peugeot switch. Also I agree.. both that the older the Mini the better/the new ones suck, and that Chrysler's got minimal wins post '71.

The D2 sounds like a fun project all the way around!
Here's a pic of the '62 man do I miss her, but we had to sell her to get a daily for my sister

The D2 on its correct pan, but before the torsion bars were adjusted correctly
http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/ ... 44771562_1416680998_o.jpg
Running motor, will be taken apart to paint. We had to redo the carbs
http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/ ... 044731562_518756933_o.jpg
It's amazing what rims do for appearance these look awful compared to the VW ones
http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/ ... 044681562_429722331_o.jpg
VW Rims
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/ ... 044606562_470761735_o.jpg
356 speedster seats dropped in
http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/ ... 044836562_400354967_o.jpg
Neat! (and nice '62, too bad ya had to let'r go!)
Ready for 2013 season... Everything is on but needs another day to make the stickers settle right. Will make good pics on thursday!
EDIT: Oh yeah, side skirts need to go on aswell :P

Smorking hot! Hehe.

Just wondering Kevin, are you aware of the videos on youtube about you? There's thousands of views on videos of you.. :P
Haha yes, I'm aware of that. Thanks!

@Kars19: LOL, that seriously made me laugh
Quote from Scrabby :Ready for 2013 season... Everything is on but needs another day to make the stickers settle right. Will make good pics on thursday!
EDIT: Oh yeah, side skirts need to go on aswell :P

Will you be doing the British Drift Champ this year?

I plan to head to all the local events this time. Saw you at Trax last year and you were epic.
Thanks man

Yes, I'll be doing twice Lydden Hill. In April and August. Maybe Silverstone again to
Lip looks cool, but how long will it last?
Most people say 10 minutes. But i've allready dismissed that. My tyres only last 6 minutes. Haha, win!
I had to go to the garage placed far from home, where nobody drives at such weather, but I did

Wasn't much of a problem to get out of there either.
Attached images
2013-01-26 10.37.57.jpg
2013-01-26 10.38.16.jpg

Needs some wash.
madafaka 070. i like it
Aaaargh, my E36 318i Touring daily is giving me headaches.

Rear left taillight bulb broken, front left fog light smashed by god knows what, my climate control doesn't do much anymore. Going to change the pollenfilter and hope it works again It blows a little but not much.
My tacho has some stupid chrome rings in it and they all came loose today --> blocks every needle. Fuuuuuuuuuuu.
Hmmm, just got an interesting email. I'm able to buy a full race car shell wich has been used in Belgian championships a long time ago. E36 M3 Hartge Coupé. Fuel cell, air jacks, weld-in rollcage, etc... No suspension or whatever but i'd be able to overhaul that from my current one..

Not sure what to do. Mine is pretty rough underneeth and another shell for next season would be cool to..
Quote from Scrabby :Aaaargh, my E36 318i Touring daily is giving me headaches...

It's protesting the heavy abuse being inflicted upon it's track-bro!
Quote from Scrabby :Hmmm, just got an interesting email. I'm able to buy a full race car shell wich has been used in Belgian championships a long time ago. E36 M3 Hartge Coupé. Fuel cell, air jacks, weld-in rollcage, etc... No suspension or whatever but i'd be able to overhaul that from my current one..

Not sure what to do. Mine is pretty rough underneeth and another shell for next season would be cool to..

do it? you could make a monster out of that!
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG