The online racing simulator
Things learned from GTR2 Demo
(18 posts, started )
Things learned from GTR2 Demo:

1) LFS is still leagues more realistic and flexible
2) GTR has dynamic daylight and weather
3) GTR has a few more sound effects

That's about it. If we could had dynamic weather + daylight and a few more sounds there's not much left to do but drive the thing.

LFS RULES!!!
[sarcasm]

oh my god your brilliant!, why didnt someone else think of that stuff??

[/sarcasm]

search feature is here for a reason
this has been brought up.. if i can recall correctly, about 50 times or more
Didn't yo mama tell ya, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. I didn't force you to read this.

I was simply making an observation, that the only "Improvements and Suggestions" issue that other games have over LFS are stated above (though the other games fall way short in the areas that really matter).

And if it has been brought up before then I'll bring it up again... and again... and again until it has been added.
Nothing wrong with bringing it up again and again. No need to start a new thread every time though.
Quote from lambchop44 :And if it has been brought up before then I'll bring it up again... and again... and again until it has been added.

thats called... spamming

and theres nothing mean about what i said, its being sarcastic; but seriously, this has been brought up many a times; just hope you dont get flamed by some other people here for bringing it up.. again

also, just a little note, make sure its not in the improvement suggestions log here: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=2626
Then maybe an admin should delete this thread.
I would if I could but I can't so I won't.

Sorry for ruining everyone's fun here on the Forum.
Quote from lambchop44 :Then maybe an admin should delete this thread.
I would if I could but I can't so I won't.

Well you should if you could but you can't so of course you won't, otherwise you would, wouldn't you?

At least, you now know that for next time, should you go and start another thread, you MUST NOT and will not.

=== Normative References ===

- MUST NOT must be interpreted as in RFC 2119, http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2119.txt
starting new threads is like, totally evil... its the dark force of new threads that is threatening our very existance.. making new threads is so n000bish... :uglyhamme
GTR versus LFS has been brought over and over, yes. But have the GTR2 and LFS comparisons been brought up. GTR2 has only been out a couple weeks and only in demo form.
The driver animations of gear changing is done quite well.
#13 - p1u
Quote from lambchop44 :Things learned from GTR2 Demo:

1) LFS is still leagues more realistic and flexible
2) GTR has dynamic daylight and weather
3) GTR has a few more sound effects

That's about it. If we could had dynamic weather + daylight and a few more sounds there's not much left to do but drive the thing.

LFS RULES!!!

4) GTR has good engine sounds (not generated mid junk=P)
Quote from mrfell :The driver animations of gear changing is done quite well.

I can't agree with that.. The animations in the videos I've seen look out of synch.. And you can't see the animation from outside the car, which makes it all seem a bit pointless.
Quote from p1u :4) GTR has good engine sounds (not generated mid junk=P)

Personally, I prefer the engine sounds in LFS. Sure, they aren't as "beefy" as the ones in GTR, but at least they're not 'canned' sound effects.
Fair enough, i didn't even bother going that far, i think i did 2 laps then de-installed it. Seen enough to know it wasn't for me.

At least they have some sort of animation though.

The other thing which did make me smile was the loud speakers you could hear outside if you were stopped. Or was that voices in my head illepall telling me to get back to LFS
#17 - wark
Quote from p1u :4) GTR has good engine sounds (not generated mid junk=P)

I'd say the exact opposite.

However, GTR has more sounds and LFS needs more sounds sooner or later.
guys... im.. pretty sure p1u was trying to be sarcastic

(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG