The online racing simulator
Sean, didn't you have another account before Xtraction? You've been around longer than '08, surely.
Yep, still lurking, and waiting for the next great update. I'm totally convinced it'll come... sooner or later

Racing the MRT around South City time and time again is what got me hooked. Priceless atmosphere. Everyone was "in tune" ...
Still here too, racing on rallycross tracks with friends on Z28 server with a tweaked subaru 350BHP No other sim is like LFS
I'm still checking the forum daily.

I got really tired of LFS (games in general) some time ago, but I decided to keep playing just to finish the league I was in at that time. Then a new one started, and I was still with zero motivations, but now, I'm starting to regain the motivation.

I still don't want to race "just for fun" online, but at least I do more than 20 laps of training before the league races

I miss my old-self that can play for 1-2 hours straight without getting tired/bored of gaming...
I check about once per year, usually around christmas time LOL.

Just picked up Race Injection on steam and was wondering how the competition was doing
Just checked the main account page and it looks like i still have £5 credit from 2007, i can remember thinking that would come in handy for the s3 upgrade :/
just want to check, what was year and month I registered.
and check if my avatar is still visible
Maybe not that old school, but still, I haven't raced (nor skinned) in the last 2-3 years either. Having a broken pedals doesn't help I'd imagine. I just "visit" the forums every month or so to see if anything has changed.
Quote from Knight_Atack : just "visit" the forums every month or so to see if anything has changed.

And it never does...
-
(BBO@BSR) DELETED by BBO@BSR
On some level it disturbs and annoys me that I look forward more to the content updates than actually playing the game... (I'd wish I could capture the excitement we had with first beta when I tried to lure all the GPL guys to check out LFS at RSC. Then again, I'm closer to 40, so I'm not that easily impressed anymore).

I have all the great sims, a dedicated pit with triplescreen, but since I'm not a competitive person, just beating others is not enough a reward in itself.

So in S3 I'd like to see something akin to a single player careed mode. More ways to win that way versus playing against real people who have dedicated their lives to honing that last 0.01 of a second from a lap... And I also do mistakes, a lot. So in S3 I hope there is something more than a new tire model. At least creating a dynamic single player career path should be a lot more easy to do than a iRacing(tm) NTM (we can have that in AC).
Quote from aaltomar :So in S3 I hope there is something more than a new tire model.

S3 is a content level,not LFS progress version,an oldskuuler should know that...
i sill pop in now and then and have the very occasional pop online, i still enjoy it but ot as good as the old days, i just dont have the time and its sad to see the decline in online users since the time i was active(back in those days of the stcc/ctra). but you never know things may pick back up and i may have more time, i live in hope and have had too many good times to give up on lfs completly
#138 - Woz
I check the forums to see if anything has happened but really waiting for S3 before I dust off my wheel.

Moved into other gaming. Really enjoying The Walking Dead and Torchlight 2 at the mo. Also have a massive backlog of Steam games to play through thanks to all the bundles and Steam sales lol
Another old fart lurking around here. When the last big Update was announced "some time ago" I said to my wife, that I will play again when the update is out. The first 24 months where hard, but then you find other hobbies

I got more and more into Flight Sims (again) and since 3 weeks a HOTAS and some pedals arrived to get more seriously into DCS World.

When there will be the big physics update in this or the next decade, I hope that my G25 is still working and then I´m sure I will be back. Until then I think I will blow up some tanks, get shot down by SAMs and other stuff...

But I am still reading this place nearly daily, at least briefly to see "what´s new".
I like to think I've been around for a while.
It's been 6 years to this day since i last registered at LFS Can't say ive really grown apart from LFS only real time ive gone away is when CTRA shut down! That was a real downer really when CTRA shut down there wasn't really a GOOD RACING SERVER in lfs.

Anyway, good to see oldskool people here anyways!
Quote from Ziploc :I like to think I've been around for a while.

We all do. I still like people with reg dates within 5 years that consider themselves old school.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :We all do. I still like people with reg dates within 5 years that consider themselves old school.

The reg dates are not always a good indicator of LFS accounts, merely the date they signed up to this forum.
Started LFS when it was a sub-forum on Racesimcentral.com

Version was 0.3b IIRC...
Quote from Squelch :The reg dates are not always a good indicator of LFS accounts, merely the date they signed up to this forum.

Actually they are a good indicator as they show when someone made their LFS account. Maybe if someone was a demo racer for a long time before accounts were mandatory... Only way it could be earlier was the original demos posted.
I'm old skool, real old skool, yeah yeah. Come back, I have a potato for you.

But I haven't played LFS for years. I visit once in a while just to check that the new physics hasn't been released yet.

I used to be in a team called ATC or something. I was never a proper member, more of a mascot what with my elite mouse driving and ability to crash into 12 cars in a 6 car race. I hope you're still going ATC!

Anyway, I'm over LFS. New physics or not, there's nothing in this game for me, but I'm really glad the community is still around as that was one of the main reasons I got into LFS in the first place. Plenty of nice people, willing to help, having a laugh and that's the kind of thing that money can't buy.

Respect to all past, current and future LFS racers
I am an old school LFS player.
What am I doing NOW? RIGHT NOW? Uhhhh..
Showing a friend Forbin's videos! Hiccup!! HAPPY NEW YEAR'S!!!!!!!
I still check-in once in awhile to see what's been done. Great to see some familiar names. LFS is still installed on my PC waiting until new any content is available.
#150 - Woz
CTRA was fun but also real early on (back in the black car windows days and Clean Racing Club existed) there was a great feel on the servers as people would take the time to help you out and coach you etc.

I hope they open to modding with S3 and it is a big leap in forwards in sim we are all waiting for

Any 'oldskool'(lol) racers still visit these forums
(277 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG