The online racing simulator
#51 - JJ72
Kevin is in the top 4 now, after second free practice!!! talent showing through!
Maybe he's just rubbish in the wet?
He's on P26 after Q2.

@JJ72 is any live streaming of the MacauGP confirmed in your country?
kevin posted this on FB:

After a great free practice, where I finished P4, with old types, we thought we gonna have a chance to fight for the front - Unfortunately in my 8 laps I didn't get any lap without yellow or red flags, so I have to start last tomorrow.
Hope we have a better luck tomorrow!
Ah well...in Macau the race isn't over until the chequered flag is out. I'm just hoping there's no 1989 repeat, where the race got stopped 3 times in T1 if I'm not wrong
Quote from Dennis93 :Weird how Felix Serrales is in 9th.
Drove circles around him in Formula Ford.

When did you race him, as he was in the Kent festival not the duratec
Oh right!!
My bad
Qualification race: Apparently Kevin stalled at the start of the formation lap, and had to start from the pitlane. With no Safety Car and almost no attrition, any significant ground was always going to be hard to make after that. 21st in the end.

On a brighter note, he his personal best was a 2.14.x despite the heavy traffic. Only the top half were lapping 2.14s. I predict a top 10 is very possible for him in the main race, if he keeps it out of trouble. Main race is always more eventful than qualification race, many drivers tend to go a bit crazy and desperate at that point, and that's when you have the crashes and the Safety Cars.

Up front, the top 3 at Lisboa on lap 1 was Da Costa-Rosenqvist-Lynn, and it never changed since then. I belive Rosenqvist might have had something for Da Costa, but no point in trying something risky for the qualification race. Sainz Jr finished 4th. 5th and fastest lap go to Juncadella, I think he will be one to watch tomorrow, not only because he was fast today, but also because he already won from 6th last year, so he can do something similar again, if things go his way.
If anyone's wondering, Kevin finished 13th in the main race, a few seconds shy of a top 10. There was surprisingly little carnage up front(for Macau standards), and this made it hard for any kind of significant progress.

Da Costa won quite easily, BTW. This guy is one to watch for the future.

Also, a quick mention to Alex Lynn, first Macau rookie pole sitter since Kamui Kobayashi in 2006.
So it is official - Kevin moves to GP3 to drive for Koiranen bros. Motorsport. No iRace support for this year, but links with Lotus ain't broken yet. They will depend on future results. He will stay in Gravity Management, but probably they will not support with money. Also Korjus' manager is working to get him drive some AutoGP races this year.

Source: Estonian media
Quote from TypeRacing :So it is official - Kevin moves to GP3 to drive for Koiranen bros. Motorsport. No iRace support for this year, but links with Lotus ain't broken yet. They will depend on future results. He will stay in Gravity Management, but probably they will not support with money. Also Korjus' manager is working to get him drive some AutoGP races this year.

Source: Estonian media

Not too shabby. GP3 isn't a bad place to be this year, with the new car.
Sweet! Hoping to see two LFS guys in F1 in the next few years. (Bottas and Korjus.) Maybe even the same team?

By the way, how do you pronounce "Korjus"?
Corr Juss

I don't think he's F1 material. Amateurs beat him. He needs to be on a different planet.
Korjus still has very long way too F1. Korjus said that his last season in FR3.5 wasen't successful because of the team. He and his teammates wasen't able to commute with team, had some kind of barrier.
I'm sure if his pace will match Sainz and Kvyat this season then he will secure safe future, if his pace will be slower, god knows what happens. In Estonia it is very hard to get sponsors, so you need to be epic fast. For one example Ott Tänak was rather quick in his debut WRC season, even got one podium, but for this year he didn't got seat. He is trying to get budget together for some rounds, but he is struggeling even with that.

Tristian, if your opinion is based on his F3 races then you should think how much those "amateurs" has driven with F3 cars and how much Korjus has driven them. He did quite big jump after few seasons with FR2.0, so getting used with slower cars might not be so easy.
If it had been a proper F3 race, he'd have been 6 seconds off the pace. That's terrible.

Any decent driver who wants to get to F1 with single seater experience should jump in an F3 car (lots of grip, not much power) and be within 1 second AT THE MOST regardless of conditions. He was in a professionally prepared car, with a full team of crew, in a newer car, more experience (I bet he tested for more than two days in 2012 alone), and apparently more natural talent. And he was beaten in qualifying by a car from 1999. And then I was quicker in the race. My budget for the YEAR is half of what he paid for that MEETING.

If Kevin get's to F1, then da Costa is going to lap all of them (including Vettel, Alonso, Hamilton) 15 times per race.
I think you're probably giving too much importance to that small club race Tristan. Kevin was there just for Macau requirements, and probably wasn't really fussed about times or results. I would suppose that he decided that risking crash damage just wasn't worth it, given that the only aim in mind was that Macau race 1 or 2 weeks later...

Honestly I doubt he'll make it to F1 anyway, but who cares, there's not only F1 in life, if he can make a living out of sports car, GT, or any professional series in the future, it would be already pretty good.
the problem is that only F1 got a worldwide coverage in non motorsport or sport channel. Plenty of championship are broadcasted by motors TV for example, but only passionate ppl watch it. For example a championship like GT Open isn't attractive for sponsors.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :I think you're probably giving too much importance to that small club race Tristan. Kevin was there just for Macau requirements, and probably wasn't really fussed about times or results. I would suppose that he decided that risking crash damage just wasn't worth it, given that the only aim in mind was that Macau race 1 or 2 weeks later...

Honestly I doubt he'll make it to F1 anyway, but who cares, there's not only F1 in life, if he can make a living out of sports car, GT, or any professional series in the future, it would be already pretty good.

Wasnt going to say anything here but pretty much your post sums up exactly what I think

If he was 6 seconds off pace, he wouldnt have got all that backing etc in the first place for example. They arent stupid
Time will tell. If he's rubbish, I get to gloat. If he's brilliant, I can say that I was quicker than him once. Win-win!
Reading way too much into it, unless your saying you could do better in F3.5.

One race doesn't tell crap especially since he was only there to meet requirements for Macau his car was probably a dog.
I think one race says a lot. Especially in conditions where driving ability is more important than the quality of his professionally prepared National Class car by a proper, big professional race team.

Could I do better in 3.5? No. Of course I couldn't. I'm just saying that he's utter crap in comparison to Mr da Costa.
my cousin won kimi räikkönen couple times in karting... so hes a WORLD CHAMPION!!!
Good job Kevin.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG