The online racing simulator
I personally thought I could commit the time to make a few races and that is all, I don't plan on racing but 1 or 2 rounds tops. Its possible a lot of people are turned off by NASCAR and automatically think ovals. Maybe you should come up with a new league name and have realistic nascar as a series inside if you run a nascar event. + what joku said about PMs
Quote from CSF :Sorry Scipy, but that's Boothy not me. I am less of a dick.

meh
I have to agree with Joku on the countless PM's being sent out. And I know we aren't the only ones feeling this way.

I think I've received about 15 PM's from you and only a single round has been completed. I haven't read like the last 10 of them either, because there are so much information in each one - information that shouldn't be necessary to send out via PM's. And the fact that I received PM's about some NASCAR event that I didn't even sign up for, that doesn't help either.

Why not do it like NDR? They usually only send out a single PM before every round, containing only the most basic and important information. And as far as I'm concerned, this has worked out perfectly.

You also have to take into consideration, that this is one of the busiest months of the year for most people. I won't be able to drive any of the rounds until 2012.
Quote from wildstyle :Why not do it like NDR? They usually only send out a single PM before every round, containing only the most basic and important information. And as far as I'm concerned, this has worked out perfectly.

We do it this way because 1) it's easier for us to do a clear and concise PM with the info needed to be kept private, and 2) Our Sporting Code states that you need to check the forum etc regularly to stay informed, so unless it's a last-minute super-urgent update, we just post about it in the round's discussion or briefing thread, and then if you miss it, it's your fault because you were supposed to check the section anyway. Simples, yeah ?
Quote from dekojester :We do it this way because 1) it's easier for us to do a clear and concise PM with the info needed to be kept private, and 2) Our Sporting Code states that you need to check the forum etc regularly to stay informed, so unless it's a last-minute super-urgent update, we just post about it in the round's discussion or briefing thread, and then if you miss it, it's your fault because you were supposed to check the section anyway. Simples, yeah ?

Exactly.
I like the racing but things keep coming up and I cant attend.
I love this game, but I see a steady decline in number of people online. It is very disappointing. Even more disappointing is the constant lack of communication from the Devs. It have been how long since our last update, and how long since the tyre physics update was started. I know this is just a side project for the Devs, but at somepoint ANY communication is better than none. Even if it was, Update is still a long time out, that would be better than total silence.

Sad Panda all this makes me. =(
It was 2006-2007 when I last ran a series but I had the opposite issue, lots of drivers signed up but they did not enter the first or second round because they wanted to see the series live up to its claims before committing to it, I then got flooded with new applications.

Then as the season wore on drivers who were gunning for glory but who's championships faltered began to drop out.

If I do another it will be a shorter series - about 4-6 races, and I would consider the idea of holding the whole thing in one weekend to maintain as much consistency as possible throughout the event.

In other words, the needs and wants of the drivers is more instant than that of the league. Drivers want on track action at that moment when they want it, but in this era of information overload you are soon lost in the crowd of other past times and events. Where you appealed to a niche interest a week ago, this week you need to appeal to new drivers.

The only tool you have in your armoury is to be as consistent as possible in yourself so that drivers see the benefit of turning up.

By postponing your previous event drivers may wonder what the odds of a race are when they next attend. So in future, if an events attendance is poor I would recommend running it anyway, don't pander to people who havn't shown up - because the most important thing you must do as a league admin is to be consistent.

If you are consistent, then those people who "get the message", which will be about 20% of your signups, will become consistent too.
Quote from Becky Rose :It was 2006-2007 when I last ran a series but I had the opposite issue, lots of drivers signed up but they did not enter the first or second round because they wanted to see the series live up to its claims before committing to it, I then got flooded with new applications.

Then as the season wore on drivers who were gunning for glory but who's championships faltered began to drop out.

If I do another it will be a shorter series - about 4-6 races, and I would consider the idea of holding the whole thing in one weekend to maintain as much consistency as possible throughout the event.

In other words, the needs and wants of the drivers is more instant than that of the league. Drivers want on track action at that moment when they want it, but in this era of information overload you are soon lost in the crowd of other past times and events. Where you appealed to a niche interest a week ago, this week you need to appeal to new drivers.

The only tool you have in your armoury is to be as consistent as possible in yourself so that drivers see the benefit of turning up.

By postponing your previous event drivers may wonder what the odds of a race are when they next attend. So in future, if an events attendance is poor I would recommend running it anyway, don't pander to people who havn't shown up - because the most important thing you must do as a league admin is to be consistent.

If you are consistent, then those people who "get the message", which will be about 20% of your signups, will become consistent too.

A good point, and a point that I wanted to make, but when the 7 people in attendace decided that there wasn't enough people in attendance to race and left, I decided that for the championship that it should be post-poned to the next day. Attendance was better on Sunday, and in responce we moved the remaining events to Sundays.
Quote from Cornys :A good point, and a point that I wanted to make, but when the 7 people in attendace decided that there wasn't enough people in attendance to race and left, I decided that for the championship that it should be post-poned to the next day. Attendance was better on Sunday, and in responce we moved the remaining events to Sundays.

Your only consistency is changing things every 5 minutes and once again you have failed to notice a fatal mistake. You are going to clash with SUPER GT now if you don't make yet another change, and that is have a race every 2nd Sunday.
Everyone have signed up for event to be held on Saturdays and you should keep them on Saturdays, it's only fair.
Quote from N I K I :Your only consistency is changing things every 5 minutes and once again you have failed to notice a fatal mistake. You are going to clash with SUPER GT now if you don't make yet another change, and that is have a race every 2nd Sunday.
Everyone have signed up for event to be held on Saturdays and you should keep them on Saturdays, it's only fair.

Speak-up next time when I propose that change. I proposed it first, and it was not opposed so it remained and we decided to move to Sunday based on the fact that none objected. You'll learn that we listen to the competitors's needs, and this is exactly what we did in this instance.

If it was up to me this series would be over currently and we'd not return to running it because the format is flawed, but I've promiced the competitors that it would be run, so it will be.

We won't make anybody happy no matter what we do so maybe we should stop trying to make the competitors happy and just do things how we would like. We might soon adopt that policy, but I think our events would suffer.

Edit: Super GT starts at 17:00 and the LX World Championships ends before 15:30 typically. Also, I was aware that we conflicted either day due to the Nations World League running on Saturday this week starting at 16:30.
Quote from N I K I :Everyone have signed up for event to be held on Saturdays and you should keep them on Saturdays, it's only fair.

And yet no-one turned up.........
Quote from J@tko :And yet no-one turned up.........

Quote from Cornys :If it was up to me this series would be over currently and we'd not return to running it because the format is flawed, but I've promiced the competitors that it would be run, so it will be.

Jatko your answer lies in there.

IMO it's just too difficult challenge two cars in 1 day every week, but I'm sticking to this challenge!

The only thing that I see needed is to extend the brake between the races even furthermore. 15 minutes brake showed very useful last time, providing a whole lot more quality racing compared to round1 LX6 race. But if you extended this to 30 minutes max! (like IGTC used to do after quali), you would give competitors a vital brake of not driving non stop for 3 hours and I believe many would appreciate this, including me. I think you still wouldn't clash with NWL as you've moved it as early as possible now.
As I stated in Team Speak following the race. We'll be running at 13:30 GMT this Sunday for Round #3 at FE3. We will be giving between 15 and 20 min break between the LX4 race and LX6 qualifying.

Official Standings won't be releaced until all 9 of the points tables and both race results are fully compiled (expect them around Thursday), but I can say that the LX4 race from this weekend made the whole weekend worth it

This picture of the finish bet ... r the win tells the tail.
Attached images
LX World Championships Round #2 LX4 Race Finish.jpg
Quote from Cornys :Speak-up next time when I propose that change. I proposed it first, and it was not opposed so it remained and we decided to move to Sunday based on the fact that none objected. You'll learn that we listen to the competitors's needs, and this is exactly what we did in this instance.

I know you guys listen to us drivers and I'm involved as much as I can, but I can't be instant all the time.

Quote from Cornys :As I stated in Team Speak following the race. We'll be running at 13:30 GMT this Sunday for Round #3 at FE3.

I hope this is not a final decision, at least not for the rest of the season, after Round #3 that is... as I doubt you'll see [SR], CoRe and LLL guys showing up when you've got a SuperGT on the same day.

Quote from Cornys :We will be giving between 15 and 20 min break between the LX4 race and LX6 qualifying.

20ish minutes sounds just enough, to stop for 10 minutes and still have time to adopt to other a more powerful car, at least on a shorter track as FE3 is.
Either way that we do it, as I stated before, people aren't going to be happy. Pole determining how future round will be ran has been posted and is located here.

Options include Saturday only, Sunday only and split day options (times moved forward by 1 hour if they are split to 14:25 GMT)
How do I even sign up for these things?
Quote from The Radness :How do I even sign up for these things?

This thread is specifically about the LX series by Realistic NASCAR. Sign up info can be found >here<.
Quote from The Radness :How do I even sign up for these things?

As posted by Silverracer. Particular links are actually right here on my signature if you click on them.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG