The online racing simulator

Poll : Would you be interested in a Road Car Endurance league?

Yes please
No thanks
Road Car Endurance Interest Check
If you voted yes above, read this post and vote in the form below.

As we could see from this thread, road car endurance has had interest (and has forever, but anyways). So the point of this thread is to see how much interest is out there for a road car endurance league.

Above was just to see the general interest. However there is a form below you will want to fill out to see what exactly you want from this Road car endurance league.

Below are the general details that were presented before that people liked the idea of, however the form is going to expand these details and ask you questions about the league you would want to race in.

Quote :
TBO Endurance

TBO: FXO 4% / XRT 1% / RB4

- Pre - Qualifying (Mon - Thurs)
- 2 from each team must attend, average of the fastest two count
- Qualifying Race (Friday)
- Pre-Qualifying grid order, 1 hour race.
- Race (Saturday) 4-8 hours long
- Grid set by Qualifying Race

5 Races: (No order)
BL11R
Aston
Kyoto
Fern Bay
South City

Length of races traded off as 4,8,4,8,4

Quote :
Masters of Road Cars

UF1 - 3 hours - FE3
STD - 4 hours -
LX4 - 4 hours -
TBO - 4 hours - B11R
RF - 6 hours -
LX6 - 6 hours -

Pre-Qualifying (Mon-Thurs) - Top 30 Advance
Qualifying (Fri) - 30 minutes / Shift+p
Race (Sat)

Okay, so the form is below. Please fill in an answer for every question you can. If you don't mind either league, please answer all questions. If you only want to see one of the leagues, then just answer the questions for that league alone.

Thanks, any discussion can go on here as well. Try to keep this thread popular so people check it.

FORM
-
(Iginla) DELETED by Iginla
hopefully if this goes ahead i'll sign up for my first league experience

i'll try spread the word.
I like both, but prefer masters of road cars. One problem I have is the day of race, any chance that could be Sunday? :o
Always wanted to participate in endu races with road cars, good idea
Voted for no.
It looks good, I like it. Some time ago I was organising a tbo cup and was running succesfully with 4% intake restriction for fxo and no res. for xrt. I spent lots of time testing it and it was pretty close like that. This is not my business but I guess fxo will be faster if there will be only 3% difference (look at tbowc at realistic nascar - running on 5% fxo, 1% xrt and it seems to be pretty ballanced - except off sbb. He is crazy, you can't take him into account).
The restrictions were just a random guess for now. Was just a "base" to show what the leagues could be.

Surprised with the no votes, but whatever.
#8 - hp999
Could I race individually, meaning I wouldn't race in a team?

I'd take part in this if this league were to take place one day.
I would be interested in participating in a TBO affair if my wheel was in proper working condition, which it currently isn't. That's the main reason that I wanted to run the WTBOCS. 5 / 1 / 0 has proven to be a fair balance speedwise (remember, slower drivers will likely chose the FXO over the XRT), but RB4 still seems to be off truly (one again slower drivers will generaly chose this car). If it was endurance FXO would have a disadvantage due to tire wear on the front tires. With endurace comming into play. 4 / 2 / 0 would be my honest assumption. FXO would be quick in Q, but would likely need to pit more in races. RB4 would be mix of both. XRT would be average in Q, but it would have tire advantage over FXO.

Making the races that much longer compaired to what we run over at Realistic NASCAR will make it so that things other than the speeds will matter of course. It's here that things get rather confusing. I'd like to race, but I'd have to see the dates, times, and everything first.
Cornys RB4 is pretty competitive for you league, but is almost the same problem as FXR in GTR. Faster driver prefer XRT because when you know how to go fast with it you are almost as fast but it is so much fun ! FXO is pretty competitive and quite easy to drive (/ban FWD) and RB4 is too but FXO is easier and because it is the quickest TBO without restriction, more decent setups are around so btw it is easier to race with FXO than RB4. Then stop saying XRT have a tyre advantage because it is not, as Niki already said, FXO has only troubles with front and it is almost because of your agressitivity with tyres (throttle, turning, setup,...) whereas XRT overheat all 4 tyres with make it worse because you have to find a good balance between front and rear with is in general worse for the performance than what you are doing in Q.

To come back in this topic, why only one class? Endurance races with TBO and STD are epic !

Plus last year a german team organised a 24hrs race with TBO and STD, it was pretty awesome !
XRG+XFG would be pretty neat for an endurance league. I do think TBO is good aswell, but possibly cars are too unbalanced (but seems that phils restrictions look ok)
Quote from MoMo92i :To come back in this topic, why only one class? Endurance races with TBO and STD are epic !

Personally I think a 32 car (or more likely 30 for NDR) TBO field would be awesome, because the difference between front and back in a TBO field is normally so small that the racing would be pretty epic without the need for an extra class.

Just my 2c.
Ye but traffic will be missing and TBO + big fight + traffic = AWESOME
Looking at the results, TBO's alone isn't a possibility anyways.

There's still some talk going on, probably more after this weekend (lots of racing).
Quote from J@tko :Personally I think a 32 car (or more likely 30 for NDR) TBO field would be awesome, because the difference between front and back in a TBO field is normally so small that the racing would be pretty epic without the need for an extra class.

Just my 2c.

New avatar=Win

Not really in favor of multiclass in general, better have everyone in the same class to have as many battles on track as possible and keep everyone motivated.

Anyway, masters of road cars all the way. The variety of cars used would make it just epic
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :New avatar=Win

Not really in favor of multiclass in general, better have everyone in the same class to have as many battles on track as possible and keep everyone motivated.

Anyway, masters of road cars all the way. The variety of cars used would make it just epic

who is the girl in the avatar?

and multiclass works because some people may be quick in fxo, but one might be faster in xrt. then you have good fight on. Not sure how the rb4s would do, probably terrible.
Quote from Franky.S :who is the girl in the avatar?

Jack oughts to enlighten us!

Quote :and multiclass works because some people may be quick in fxo, but one might be faster in xrt. then you have good fight on. Not sure how the rb4s would do, probably terrible.

Multiclass racing is more like cars of different specs fighting for their own different race on the same track. In that situation it would be something like STD+TBO or TBO+LRF, etc.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Jack oughts to enlighten us!

Oh sorry I missed this It's Demi Lovato (again). I got bored of Charmander
Quote from MoMo92i :Plus last year a german team organised a 24hrs race with TBO and STD, it was pretty awesome !

...traffic will be missing and TBO + big fight + traffic = AWESOME

That's right, plus this was on south city.

Finally, endurance for tbo freaks!
Quote from Franky.S :who is the girl in the avatar?

and multi-class works because some people may be quick in fxo, but one might be faster in xrt. then you have good fight on. Not sure how the rb4s would do, probably terrible.

That is why restrictions would be used. I don't know why people hate RB4's . I find its handling beautiful and poised and delicate.
-
(hyntty) DELETED by CSF : Don't be idiots
-
(J@tko) DELETED by CSF : Don't be idiots
really great idea! just do it!
#22 - Emyn
"Master of Road Cars" could be fun, but not TBO Endurances..
Up?

Road Car Endurance Interest Check
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG