The online racing simulator
How do I setup for restrictions?
Hi,

How do I make/optimize setups for restrictions? That is, say, I have a good set that I am very comfortable with for the FXR, how do I modify it for FX3? Is there a thumb rule/principles that I can apply, or should I start from scratch? What are the parameters that require tweaking? One thing I have learnt is, I need to make the gears closer and shorter to use with the lesser powered engine. (OR am I wrong? ). Anything else that I need to do?
Quote from rageshgr :Hi,

How do I make/optimize setups for restrictions? That is, say, I have a good set that I am very comfortable with for the FXR, how do I modify it for FX3? Is there a thumb rule/principles that I can apply, or should I start from scratch? What are the parameters that require tweaking? One thing I have learnt is, I need to make the gears closer and shorter to use with the lesser powered engine. (OR am I wrong? ). Anything else that I need to do?

lessen wing, since you are going to slow to produce downforce with the wing on normal fxr set, you will create drag and slow you down.

Opt for R2/R2 for races, tyres shouldnt be a problem.

ands thats it really.
Eehh no, not really. Gearing is different, suspension. Everything.

Start from scratch.
Quote from cargame.nl :Eehh no, not really. Gearing is different, suspension. Everything.

Start from scratch.

for someone who cant make setups, this isnt wise idea.
Quote from cargame.nl :Eehh no, not really. Gearing is different, suspension. Everything.

Start from scratch.

I totally agree. There is no good way to convert GTR sets to GT2 or GT3 by just making minor changes. The cars are so very different that if you opt for top Airio laps, you will have to either make sets from scratch, or ask fast racers if they mind sharing theirs sets.

But in general will GT2 and GT3 benefit from a bit more oversteered suspension settings as there is less engine power to be counter balanced. And softer tyre compunds should work in most cases.
Thanks guys!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG