The online racing simulator
Moto GP 2011 Season
(102 posts, started )
Terrible accident involving Simoncelli. Lost the front and bike came back across the track with him still holding on. Edwards and Rossi had nowhere to go and ploughed straight into him. His helmet had came off and he lay motionless on the ground.

He was taken to medical centre where they said he was conscious. Race has been cancelled as he is in a critical condition and they are focusing all medical attention on him.

Thoughts and prayers to him and his family, hope he pulls through.
Quote from DejaVu :Terrible accident involving Simoncelli. Lost the front and bike came back across the track with him still holding on. Edwards and Rossi had nowhere to go and ploughed straight into him. His helmet had came off and he lay motionless on the ground.

He was taken to medical centre where they said he was conscious. Race has been cancelled as he is in a critical condition and they are focusing all medical attention on him.

Thoughts and prayers to him and his family, hope he pulls through.

Just woke up and I missed the start and just found out about this....really hoping for the best for Simoncelli.

Edwards has dislocated his shoulder, while I think Rossi is ok (returned to his garage on his bike). Just hoping for the best.
Not good. Marco didn't make it

RIP Marco
I've just seen a rolling banner at the bottom of the screen of the broadcast saying "Simoncelli succumbed from his injuries at 16:56"
damn, it looked really bad i hope he could recover.

The world of motorsport can't have enough fatality this close after wheldons death.
It's been a tough week for the motorsport family.

RIP
R.I.P Real talent for the future, such a bad few weeks for motorsport in general.
#33 - shim
RIP to super Sic..
This isn't good, this guy was really showing promoise this season too.
Rip
Terrible...
R.I.P
R.I.P Marco, one of the promising drivers out there
R.I.P. Marco
R.I.P Marco

Used to watch him race for so long.. Really sad..
R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli
Damn, RIP Marco. He really was an upcoming talent.

I do wonder how his helmet came lose? Must have been awful lots of power on it
His helmet came off when Edwards and Rossi couldn't avoid crashing into him while he was already sliding over the track...

There's footage on youtube but I won't post a link here.

R.I.P. SIC
One of the most Awful Crashes i ever had to see. You can really tell Rossi and Edwards immediatly knew the extend of it. The arial shot of Edwards just standing there looking at Simoncelli was gut wrenching.

Thanks for not posting Youtube Links all over the place.

Rest in Peace Marco.
Quote from GianniC :I do wonder how his helmet came lose?

One of the french TV commentators, Marc Garcia (who has been a GP rider between 1994 and 1999), said such thing can not happen anymore with modern helmets except if Marco had forgotten to lock the chinstrap of his helmet and only closed the two parts of the bottom.
R.I.P Marco Simoncelli, very sad week
Quote from MotoGp Site :Paul Butler opened the press conference, saying: “The purpose of this press conference is to apprise you of the circumstances that resulted in the tragic death of Marco Simoncelli. You know who we all are, the Race Direction; Claude Danis who is the FIM representative, Javier Alonso the Dorna representative, Franco Uncini the riders’ representative, and I’m Paul Butler the IRTA representative and Race Director. Michele Macchiagodena is our Medical Director and he will explain to you the circumstances that resulted in this death.”

Michele Macchiagodena said: “I’m very sad to be here to report about the death of Marco Simoncelli, a friend. Because of the crash he had during the race, in which he was hit by other riders, he suffered a very serious trauma to the head, to the neck and the chest. When our medical staff got to him he was unconscious. In the ambulance because there was a cardiac arrest they started CPR (cardiac pulmonary resuscitation). Immediately in the Medical Centre, with the help also of the Doctor of our staff at the Clinica Mobile and local Doctors, he was intubated and it was possible to take off some blood from the thorax. The CPR was continued for 45 minutes because we tried to help him for as long as we thought it was possible. Unfortunately it was not possible to help him and at 16:56 (local time) we had to declare he was dead.”

I presume more details will follow later.
I'm searching high and low for the live feed video, from race start etc

Not because of what happened today but to watch the incident in the entirety of the Moto GP spectacle. If anyone can help me find it I'd appreciate it very much.

RIP Simo.
I had really high hopes for Marco, in an otherwise boring season he has provided the most entertainment and excitement. I really thought he could go on to be the next Rossi. I can't imagine how Rossi must feel, riding the bike that almost certainly struck the fatal blow, he was really good mates with Marco and stuck up for him while the other riders kept taking shots at his aggressive racing style. This is just terrible news, I already hated this season of MotoGP and then this happens. R.I.P Marco.
RIP Marco, he was one of the few real personalities in the paddock. What is going on in motorsports this week?
@Blueflame: Rubber necking?

Moto GP 2011 Season
(102 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG