The online racing simulator
GFC Reunion
(238 posts, started )
TDRT still is in "serious LFS business".
Hope you are going well.
We´re still remembering your leagues and races. All the best to you and become LFS active again ASAP.
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the kind messages. Good to know TDRT is still going - a great team that any LFS racer would do well to join.

I have very fond memories of the GFC and I consider all the guys who raced in my leagues as genuine friends even though I only ever met one or two of you guys in person.

Maybe when the business is more established there will be that long awaited reunion. Probably will need to take on some help with the business first though. It's growing little by little so you never know.

GF
Just been onto LFS World Racers Online to see if any of my old mates are on there. Didn't recognise a single name. Any of the old guard out there still? Got the urge to get back in a FOX and do a few laps of FE Gold or something. Had it for a few days now.

If there anyone still knocking about I'd like to meet on track somewhere.

btw I just got gentlefoot.com back up and running for some nostalgia.
anxious to fire the FXO up again after all this time '

GTTC was pretty much my first serious league event in lfs and the standards you held it up to still remind me of how awesome it was
Hi GF. I haven't LFS'd for ages, but I'd be up for a few laps one evening for old times sake. I'm sure James and Nige would too.
That didn't take long. Time for some updating of LFS and some desk re-organisation I think.

Good to see you guys are still about. Either of you tried iRacing? I posted in the thread in Off Topic. I was thinking about giving it another go and see how its developed. Think it might have got a little cheaper too.
tried it a year or more ago, didnt really feel like it and don't really have the drive or time to dedicate my time and funds to it.
i want to play when and how much i want :<

still active in LFS, be it the occasional league/endu race or the rare occasion of public racing. damn addiction D:
Hello

Don't have a great of time for LFS however as I prepare to come back out of retirement a race or two would not go amiss.
I'm still around, and I'm sure de Souza and a few teammates might have interest in kicking around...

As for iRacing, I did a 3 months for the price of 1 awhile ago, which I bought some content... And I just reupped the subscription (as they ran the 3 months for the price of 1 again). It is superior in some ways, but LFS is superior in others (my opinion).
Still here lurking the forums everyday. Waiting for an excuse to grab my wheel again. You know?
I'm not sure if I count as a GFC veteran having only raced for a few races, but I would be well up for racing again. The F08 and FOX combo is great.
Quote from Gentlefoot :Just been onto LFS World Racers Online to see if any of my old mates are on there. Didn't recognise a single name. Any of the old guard out there still? Got the urge to get back in a FOX and do a few laps of FE Gold or something. Had it for a few days now.

If there anyone still knocking about I'd like to meet on track somewhere.

btw I just got gentlefoot.com back up and running for some nostalgia.

Still lurking around big man! Not touched lfs for quite some time, occasional rfactor race for me these days. But an event of some kind would be sweet

R4R for life!

Kringle
Thanks for replies lads. Lets have an unofficial get together some time on a public server. I dusted off my rig last night and set it up. I was surprised to see we are still version z. Was expecting to have to upgrade.

Had a few laps around FE Gold and I felt like I dialled straight back in to the mindset required for setting up and getting fast. Even got within a couple of seconds of my best around there.

The force is strong with this one!

Should be online today/tonight if anyone fancies a meet.
I'm still alive but didn't race seriously for quite some time now. Also got me a new wheel (GT3 RS V2), still have to find some suitable settings and I need to get comfortable with it.
I'd definately give iracing another go. I'm not sure about all the things you asked about, particularly setups as I don't fiddle with them any more, but it is a fantstic game. The MX5 and Skip Barber are my favourite sim cars, and the tracks are great too. Although there have been lots of improvements in the game since launch, I would say the best things about it are similar to how they were before - great driving feel, and great racing - so they had the send to only fix what was broken. The new tyre model will be interesting...

PS: Will keep an eye out for you online tonight if I get a chance.
Think I'm going to give it a go and try not to spend too much. Maybe just keep competing and earning those credits. I do like the look of all the stats and licensing so I still think it'll be fullfilling even if the physics aren't quite right which is what some people seem to be saying...

http://www.racesimcentral.com/ ... I-stopped-feeding-iRacing...

Planning to get back in the FOX shortly. Just gonna have something to eat first.
Gentlefoot, all the stuff in that post about there being a fake best driving line is complete bullshit.
No you're wrong Del boy, I can miss every apex in real life and still be on the front row so iRacing must be wrong!!11!1
Quote from Gentlefoot : even if the physics aren't quite right which is what some people seem to be saying...

A sim doesn't exist sim where the some aspect of the physics isn't quite right

Good to see you around GF. Hope to see you in iRacing soon.

I fired up LFS yesterday for the first time in a year probably, just to check out the latest patch. As much as I loved LFS when i was racing it, my god does it feel extremely dated compared to iRacing. Theres no going back now. S3 will have to be something out of this world to get me back now.
Still here as well but I've well and truly given up the sim racing.

Just too many other things keeping me busy in life.

Great to see all the old racers here. Those were the days!
Nige! Legend!
Stormy - just missed you - saw you on redline server but you must have just left.

Nige - I know what you mean about no time. I certainly could never dedicate the amount of time I used to.

Glad to hear that stuff about one line in iRacing is wrong. I am definately going to give it some time to decide for myself.

Great to hear from so many of you. I just happened to come across a 30 lap FM Event Fox race tonight with a few old names. Connected just as quali was about to start so my out lap and quali lap were the first on that track for a few years. Needless to say I was way off the pace but enjoyed it none the less and kept out of trouble.

The graphics just leave me a little cold compared to how iRacing looks now and I also bought the F12010 download which also blows LFS away in terms of graphics.

If it wasn't for all you lads I would have stopped coming back to LFS by now.
Really good to see you back mate. You did great considering
Quote from The Moose :As much as I loved LFS when i was racing it, my god does it feel extremely dated compared to iRacing. Theres no going back now. S3 will have to be something out of this world to get me back now.

Yeah this is what I felt when I did the same thing recently. I can't believe such a small team made LFS but it saddens me to wonder if it's been taken as far as it can go - like a snow plow cleaning a parking lot, and eventually the pile builds up and progress halts.

iRacing has a ballsload of momentum behind it and it's still building up after a few years which is a really good sign.

But part of me still hopes the LFS will somehow rejuvenate once Scawen's new tire model is done - as in I hope major upgrades will be done in every area that take a fraction of the time the tires are. It's likely to be wishful thinking but just like GF is saying I have many fond memories in LFS and I sure hope these guys can continue making a living with it, they sure deserve it.

ALSO: GF it's really good to see you around here again! Cheers
These FM Event races run every Friday night yes? Always FOX or what? Would like to be in the next one and just wondering whether there is a website or forum section with info about these events.

GFC Reunion
(238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG