The online racing simulator
Crysis 2
(261 posts, started )
Quote from Boris Lozac :No, you do, the game will still sell 3 or 4 times more on each console then it will on PC.

sure.
Quote from Boris Lozac :How was Crytek insulting pc community, they gave you games that stressed your 400 euros-god knows why you bought them-graphic cards, isn't that the whole point of pc gaming?

No it's not.
Quote from Boris Lozac :How was Crytek insulting pc community, they gave you games that stressed your 400 euros-god knows why you bought them-graphic cards, isn't that the whole point of pc gaming?

A game coded with dx9 features then ported to dx11 is nothing like it was in the first game, it's just a simple console port nothing more.
Offcourse, screw the gameplay and the game itself, DX is more important.. and then you wonder why there's no PC exclusive games anymore..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Offcourse, screw the gameplay and the game itself, DX is more important.. and then you wonder why there's no PC exclusive games anymore..

There is no pc exclusive games anymore because the market is on consoles.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Offcourse, screw the gameplay and the game itself, DX is more important.. and then you wonder why there's no PC exclusive games anymore..

Yes, you're right. Nowadays you complete the boring, uninspired and dull main story of a game in 6 hours and could feel blessed if you are playing a game with 2 different endings, not just a straight line story.
After that your last resort is multiplayer, grinding your way through a pointless rank system. If that's what gamers want today, then I feel sorry for them.

In the long term the PC will more or less die as a gaming station. But I guess if most of the games will follow the path they have followed for the past 3-4 years, the console will just see it's end a little bit later.
Let's hope there are still decent graphic cards around there when no major publisher releases games for the PC anymore. In that case we will see a huge wave of indipendent games, and that's a good thing in my eyes.
Well i haven't played C2 yet, but i'm hearing that it's finally a GAME, not a tech demo..
I would be suprised if it really would be a real game again. I have my doubts.
I almost bought it for PC yesterday. Glad I didn't.
Ok. so I bought Crysis 2, even though I found part 1 only mediocre.

And I have to say I am pleasantly surprised. It does look gorgeus on extreme, and it features almost overly saturated colours, which make it look absolutely beautiful. And it runs better than part 1.

To summarize my yet quite fresh impressions: It's a way better action game than any Call of Honorfront, and the enemies act reasonably intelligently. I do have the fear though, that just like in Far Cry and Crysis 1, once the aliens/monsters appear, the gameplay will be much less tactical, and thus blander.
It strikes a fine balance between railroading you through and giving you oportunities to to use different approaches, especially since switching between the suit's powers is much more fluent, and they are tweaked to be properly useful.
The first person cover system is simply the best cover system of the industry right now, even though i do think RO:HoS will best it in that aspect.

All in all, one of the very few recent games that don't feel like I wasted money by paying full price. Especially since the SP campaign is said to be 10 hours long.

And here are some commented screenshots (1920x1080, extreme):

That's a screen of the intro. One of my main gripes with the early game is that it takes control of you quite often, even limiting where you look. Don't like when games do this. it even teases you occasionally with a "control override" message when it does.

More of the Intro...

The visuals can be stunningly beautiful.

Last time I've been here was in 2052

Stealth kills are awesome. Period.

Some of the graphics are not so good... this is on extreme settings, I swear!
Quote from Boris Lozac :How was Crytek insulting pc community

lets see
they somehow figured its the terrible pirate infested pc communitys fault if one of their own employees leaks a beta
the have been calling pc gamers criminals indiscriminately for years now
and they basically shat all over anything that makes a pc fps good and try to sell a crappy console port with watered down gameplay and auto aim
How long till the directx 11 patch?
Till DX12 comes out
Quote from mutt107 :There is no pc exclusive games anymore because the market is on consoles.

Oh?

http://www.thewitcher.com/

There's a chance they "may" port it to consoles later, but it's PC exclusive for now and might be the best game of the year.
Any idea of the video card's compatibility list?
It says an 8800 as a minimum.
Minimum GeForce 8800 GT / Radeon HD 3850.
Recommended GeForce GTX 280 / Radeon HD 4870.

Next time, just Google it.
Quote from (SaM) :Minimum GeForce 8800 GT / Radeon HD 3850.
Recommended GeForce GTX 280 / Radeon HD 4870.

Next time, just Google it.

Alredy know ask as minimun a 8800 / 3850

Is odd that my vc can't run the game...

With a bit of OC i can scratch the 8800 performance...
Apart from the fact it's port I like it, however I miss the original feel of original CryEngine designed for PC... All in all I like the game, I like the multiplayer, I only don't have enough time to play it, damn.
I feel Crysis 1 was a better game..
yep it was,this just didnt feel right for me. i was eyeballing it in target yesterday but for 60$.. ehh.. i wont play it enough anyway. i got MOH 2010, its way more fun for me and gf.
Allright, I have played it through. My verdict:

The pros:
+ Graphics look gorgeus. Even though the texture resolution is lower than in part 1, the overall image quality is much higher, due to better lighting.
+ The "body feel" is great, you feel a lot less like a camera zipping around at chest height than in other fps.
+ The Nano Suit is better, the modes are more useful and easier to use in combat.
+ The combat can be quite tactical
+ some really awesome script sequences
+ SP campaign is long enough not to feel cheated, but short enough not to overstay it's welcome.
+ Combat feels very visceral.

the cons:
- No quicksave.
- small and restrictive levels.
- while combat can be tactical, too many encounters force you to tackle them directly.
- scripts taking away control for you, and often.
- as with all other crytek games, the combat get's less interesting as soon as the "monsters/aliens" show up, allthough admittedly, to a much lesser extent than in far cry or crysis 1.
- Cutscenes. I haven't seen such ugly FMV cutscenes in a long time.
- Level continuity. I think there isn't a single level which starts where the last one left you. The transitions are made via the afore mentioned cutscenes, which also serve as mission briefings. That really has a retro vibe, especially with the ugly cutscenes. Also, it's quite ridiculous how often Alcatraz is knocked out to awake somewhere else.
- Mute character. Not in a Gordon Freeman like good way, but rather ridiculous. For half of the game you're mistaken for someone else, get asked questions constantly and don't utter a single word, which, in several situations could have prevented the "knocked out, fade out" level end.
He does utter one very cheesy line at the very end though...

All in all, I can say the first 1/4 is a dull "interactive script move", then, the next 1/4 is actually quite enjoyable, as it offers the most freedom, and then, the last half is again more like an interactive movie.
It doesn't really feel like a crysis game, more like Halo/Killzone/CoD, and if you compare it to those franchises, it actually is a good game.
Crysis 1 and warhead are still the better games though.

I say it's a safe buy if you wait for the price to drop below 30€, or if you really dig modern triple-A shooters.
Am torrenting this to test it on my machine and the game. Flame if you want, I won't care/listen.

If I like it and if it works on my machine, I'll buy it off steam for the multiplayer.

Crysis 2
(261 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG