The online racing simulator
Logitech Driving Force Wireless/ Wheel Axis has drop outs
Hello everyone,
Today my Logitech Driving Force Wireless just started acting a fool. Turning the wheel left and right, completely disables any force feedback and all control. You only get control again once you have centered the wheel.

I have or had the correct Logitech software and drivers installed. So, I tried updating and when that failed I tried a EX version but to no avail.

So when I was trying to calibrate the wheel, using the raw data I noticed the drop out on the right starts at 745 and the left drop out is about 250. So Its only "looking" between 250 and 745.

I don't think there is anything hardware wise that is wrong with the wheel.

The only thing I have done, before this started is I started mixing music via Native Intruments program Traktor and a USB midi controller. But I don't have it connected while I'm not using it (when I'm using the wheel).

No corrupt drivers.

Any suggestions?

Many many many thanks if you do, no LFS atm and I just purchased TDU2 and I really could use the advice.
Quote from DeviantDigi :[...] no LFS atm and I just purchased TDU2 and I really could use the advice.

Have you only tried the wheel in TDU2? There seem to be a lot of issues (loss of ffb, dead zones, brakes etc) with TDU+wheel - so it might be that... (have a look in the LFSF's TDU2 thread: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1554478#post1554478)

Have you tried to calibrate it via the Window's game controllers?

It might be worth to simply download LFS and see if it works ok.
Quote from Silverracer :Have you only tried the wheel in TDU2? There seem to be a lot of issues (loss of ffb, dead zones, brakes etc) with TDU+wheel - so it might be that... (have a look in the LFSF's TDU2 thread: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1554478#post1554478)

Have you tried to calibrate it via the Window's game controllers?

It might be worth to simply download LFS and see if it works ok.

The "drop outs" with the wheel axis occurs the entire time in is connected, regardless of the program. Or even if I'm at the desktop with no applications running.

When I'm in the Windows collaboration, where its asking for me to center the wheel. There is no force feedback or errors. But when I click next, it starts acting up again. Same with the Logitech collaboration aswell.

Are you saying to re download LFS? I have tried this wheel with GT5, LFS and TDU2.

Thanks for the reference I'll check that out. It was fine yesterday
Quote from DeviantDigi :Are you saying to re download LFS? I have tried this wheel with GT5, LFS and TDU2.

Oh, sorry - no need to redownload LFS. I assumed that you only tried the wheel with TDU2 (and didn't have LFS to see if its works).

Sorry, can't be of any help here, good luck sorting it out mate.
Quote from Silverracer :Oh, sorry - no need to redownload LFS. I assumed that you only tried the wheel with TDU2 (and didn't have LFS to see if its works).

Sorry, can't be of any help here, good luck sorting it out mate.

I'm not one to throw out anything, but its time for a new wheel. If that doesn't work I'll install windows 7 Ult again.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG