The online racing simulator
Serious G25 Questions
(1 post, started )
Serious G25 Questions
First off, first post in probably a year, been waaayyy too long. I want to apologize in advance for any stupidity for I am out of the loop horribly and I am probably asking questions that have been answered already on the forum, I searched but didnt find anything.
Now, I put down my G25 a good while ago because it was acting very funny; smelling bad, making noise, grinding gears, the lot. I just got an Xbox and GT5 for my playstation, along with internet, so you can imagine I am on a gaming rampage once again. Long story short I tried to start up LFS off the Logitech thingy and it wont recognize the wheel. I can start up LFS directly and use the pedals and shifter just fine, but I cant do anything with the wheel.
I done some research sometime this month and found the thread where someone mentioned where to find the exact motors that came stock and I also found a step-by-step guide on how to tear the wheel apart.
I tore it apart and everything looks okay except for the gear mechanisms. The set that is on the steering shaft is chewed up all the way around it and the set that slides back and forth is pretty chewed up too. If I was to replace both motors would the gears become a problem? I recall the last times I used the wheel it would always slip and the force feedback would not work properly, so I would think that they would just slip if I got fresh motors in there.
Sorry for the huge post but I hate not explaining myself.
Thanks in advance
EDIT: I will try to post pics but I doubt they will be high enough quality to help.
Attached images
IMG_20101222_221601.jpg
IMG_20101222_221614.jpg

Serious G25 Questions
(1 post, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG