The online racing simulator
Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 Wheel - Clubsport edition - EU
Hello everyone,

Damn i've been gone a long time from Liveforspeed, i don't even think any of you guys even remember me but anyway, i'm going start racing again and i'm looking to buy a new racing wheel.

I've read and viewed some reviews. The steering wheel that kinda of popped out of the rest is this one:
Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 Wheel - Clubsport edition - EU from Fanatec.

Now, does anyone have any experience with this wheel? The v2 version that is.

I'm looking forward to hear what you guys think of it.

regards
I've had mine for 3 weeks. I absolutely adore the clubsport pedals. However the wheel, IMO, is uncomfortable and ruins the experience. It's too heavy and has too much friction, the wheel's thick rim feels weird in my hands (others will like it) and the stitching on the inside is poorly done and feels very rough to the touch

If I could go back, I'd get a g27 wheel, ClubSport pedals, and a Lightning SST Shifter.
Fanatec wheels are very good quality, and they seem to last very long!
Quote from MijnWraak :I've had mine for 3 weeks. I absolutely adore the clubsport pedals. However the wheel, IMO, is uncomfortable and ruins the experience. It's too heavy and has too much friction, the wheel's thick rim feels weird in my hands (others will like it) and the stitching on the inside is poorly done and feels very rough to the touch

If I could go back, I'd get a g27 wheel, ClubSport pedals, and a Lightning SST Shifter.

The wheel is too heavy ?.
WHat you mean by that ? Just by lifting or movement ?
Friction is caused by the belt drive but shouldnt be that much.
In fact in theory it should be less then any other wheel without belt drive.
I have a 911 turbo and indeed you need to get used to it, but the FFB is spot on better then no belt drive wheels.
And thickness of wheel ispersonal I believe. Propapbly depends on size of hands aswell I think.
Hi m8 you cant go wrong with a logitech driving force pro, u can get them cheep on ebay.

regards john

Quote from battle :Hello everyone,

Damn i've been gone a long time from Liveforspeed, i don't even think any of you guys even remember me but anyway, i'm going start racing again and i'm looking to buy a new racing wheel.

I've read and viewed some reviews. The steering wheel that kinda of popped out of the rest is this one:
Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 Wheel - Clubsport edition - EU from Fanatec.

Now, does anyone have any experience with this wheel? The v2 version that is.

I'm looking forward to hear what you guys think of it.

regards

Quote from jjones :Hi m8 you cant go wrong with a logitech driving force pro, u can get them cheep on ebay.

regards john

yeah but you can do much better whih is why he asking about the gt3 rs.

back on topic i have the v1 wheel and it has been amazing for the year i have had it and the clubsports are amazing.if the v2 wheel is better get it!
Yeah, it's an amazing wheel, the stitching on mine is great, the alacantra looks, holds and smells awesome, alot of grip, not alot of friction like MijnWraak said... I love the wheel, heavier, no idea, but it's lighter then my G25, and the thicker wheel gives alot more grip then the tiny logitech toy wheels.
Fanatec seems to be great, maybe better than Logitech but it's also quite expensive, well atm I'm not having any wheel but when I will get back to LFS fully I might buy a Fanatec
if you have the money don't even think of anything else. i went from a g25 to a fanatec gt3 V2 and wow its so qiet and smoth and the pedals is frex class
Quote from MijnWraak :I've had mine for 3 weeks. I absolutely adore the clubsport pedals. However the wheel, IMO, is uncomfortable and ruins the experience. It's too heavy and has too much friction, the wheel's thick rim feels weird in my hands (others will like it) and the stitching on the inside is poorly done and feels very rough to the touch

did you turn dampening off and set it to a higher driftmode?
Quote from Gabkicks :did you turn dampening off and set it to a higher driftmode?

Yeah, 2 is the highest dr mode I can use without it feeling fake. I still notice the friction, it's just much more noticable when turning after I spin, feels like I have no power steering.

Other than that, overall I've gotten used to it and really like how precise it is (especially in iRacing with the skip barber)

Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 Wheel - Clubsport edition - EU
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG