The online racing simulator
old M FF
(3 posts, started )
old M FF
im using an old Microsoft FF with a serail port connection.

even if i select FF in the game i dont get anything.

two questions...

1.can i get FF out of this old thing?

2.will it improve driving or am i better leaving it as it is?

i have a certain amount of resistence, as apposed to a totally slack action.
Can you clarify the type of connection you have - is it the 15pin D-type connector (Game port), the USB connector or a Gameport/USB adapter?

I have a MS Sidewinder FF with a Gameport connector on the kids' PC and it works fine. It uses the standard XP drivers and I get 'real' feedback (I assume you've turned the 'Force' light on by pressing the button on the centre of the wheel!!)

I've read that the Gameport/USB adapters don't support FF (http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module ... sb%20adapter&doy=23m5) and have seen quite a few topics on Microsoft's Knowledgebase about FF not working with various games - have you tried any other games and successfully got FF?

As for improving your driving - I've recently upgraded to a DFP and I think there's less feeling but it is less 'notchy' than the MS SW FF. My lap times are pretty much the same (perhaps marginally better and slightly more consistent). The major advantage is the pedals don't slip on the carpet and there' plenty of buttons on the wheel (I mainly drive forumla cars so don't use 900degrees Smile)
hi grumps (Tilt )

thanks for your info..............yes, its switched on

and its the gameport connection, not usb

so if i download the latest drivers it will work, even though its not usb?

i will give it a go Thumbs up

old M FF
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG