The online racing simulator
Looking for a certain CPU
(22 posts, started )
Hi I'm looking for a intel core 2 extreme x9000 for my laptop so far the lost price I found is $390 USD.

Core 2 Extreme X9000
2.8ghz
6mb L2 Cache
Dual core
fastest CPU for my chipset.

Typed on my iPod
What do you want?
The CPU above need help finding one
Umm...if you found one already, why do you need our help finding one?
Cause I wanna find a cheaper one
Looked under your carpet yet?
Quote from AndroidXP :Looked under your carpet yet?

I thought i could clearly remember the fact that you've been nominated as ''most helpfull forum member'' at the year-end awards?
The poll was fixed, obviously!

Anyway, eBay is really your only option. Mobile CPUs are not usually sold in retail stores. I don't think it's such a bad price, $390, it is an extreme after all, so you should be able to overclock it if your BIOS supports that ability. If your BIOS doesn't support overclocking, then you're better off getting a T9600, it's basically the non-extreme version, but with the same clock speed and cache (I have one of these myself actually), and it will be somewhat cheaper.
Yes, you can then overclock it to OVER 9000!!!

GET IT?!
i have a T6400 in it right now and GTA IV is kinda slow hoping a fast cpu will boost it a little
What video card does it have? I'm thinking the video card is the main reason it's slow, not so much the CPU.
It has a mobility radeon hd2600 (the 512mb one) and it's unreplaceable cuz it's integrated on the logic bored btw my laptops a gateway m-6888u
Sorry to brust your bubble, but in most of the newer PC games, the CPU makes little to no difference. And I'll doubt you will get an performance boost worth the money.

Overclocking my Core2 Duo from 2,33 to 3,33 Ghz gave me an astonishing boost of 5 fps in Borderlands. Woooooooow.
Do you guys know any overclocking utillities I can use?
#16 - Jakg
Yes, but for a shitty laptop i'm not going to recommend them as bad bad things will happen.

Do you actually know if the CPU is compatible with your northbridge, and the cooling can handle the heat? It's not just as simple as dropping it in and hoping it works.
I know the CPU is good with the northbridge but it gets hot sometimes
LOL not your current CPU, he was asking about the new one you want to get! Are you sure it will work in your computer? Extremes usually don't work in all computers, usually a laptop that comes with an extreme can handle them, but not normal ones.
Oh I knew that XD yea I'm sure it works with my chipset it's the fastest one avalible for it as far as heat I don't know
Like the others try to tell you, it is not guaranteed that it will work, because it can be, that it is not compatible with your Northbridge. It's not always 100% that it will work, just because the chipset version matches.
What temperatures do you get with the current CPU under full load?

And does your laptop deliver enough power for it?
Idk I can't remember (I would if it was in degrees f) but I am certain it is compatable with my northbridge
#22 - Jakg
And how are you certain?

(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG