The online racing simulator
PC Wheel and Pedal Sets (with clutch)
What are some good wheel and pedal sets (with clutch) for a PC? I've looked but would rather have some reviews from people that currently own nice sets. Thanks in advance!
Fanatec 911 and Logitech G25. Those are the only mainstream clutch + shifter wheels I know of. The Logitech is about $250 and the Fanatec is $350.
I have an A1 GT Pedal set which I'm rapt with so far. They're made in Australia, so shipping might be expensive to The States but I think they're licensed out to a manufacturer in China, so there may be an American distributer somewhere.

I've got an Act Labs shifter which does the job, but I suspect it's not going to be all that durable.

My wheel is a Logitech Momo which I'll use untill it breaks, then get something more hardcore and industrial strength.

My philosophy is that it's definitely worth paying more if you can for strong and durable equipment. Consumer grade stuff generally malfunctions after 2-3 years depending on usage, and doesn't feel as good anyway.
I have a G25 set and am 100% satisfied with it. Everything is working properly and the set is around two years old (knocks on the wood).
Quote from farcar :I have an A1 GT Pedal set which I'm rapt with so far. They're made in Australia, so shipping might be expensive to The States but I think they're licensed out to a manufacturer in China, so there may be an American distributer somewhere.

Act Labs distributes them in the US.
http://www.act-labs.com/scripts/proddetails.asp?Pid=947

I have that Act Labs version my self and it's really good. The pedals are very solid. Only minor complaint is that the pedals are totally smooth (except the holes) so if you use them with only socks on you mind find them a bit slippery.
G25 does the job here, first one got broken after 2 years and 3 months of use but I still got a free new set from Logitech.
i had a DFP with act lab pedals and shifter shifter broke after 2 years got a g25 still going strong 3 years later :P
I've been mixing a combination of products since I started points racing a 6 years back.

I've started with the MOMO wheel and a set of Act Labs Performance pedals that did the job just fine until the pots started going out.

A team member sent me a replacement MOMO wheel a few years back, and I bought a set of G25 pedals from a user on the RSC forums.

The G25 pedals are great, but with the way the pedals are spaced, I can't use the gas and break at the same time without "stepping" on one of my feet and screwing up the inputs... Other than that, it's a good setup.
Quote from MAD3.0LT :i had a DFP with act lab pedals and shifter shifter broke after 2 years got a g25 still going strong 3 years later :P

Personally, I'd be happy to pay $100 every 2 years to be able to use the Act labs shifter over the G25's.
Been lovin my G25...probably the best bang for the buck. Heel-toe is a breeze once you figure out a rhythm.
Quote from kingcars :Been lovin my G25...probably the best bang for the buck. Heel-toe is a breeze once you figure out a rhythm.

G25 sounds good to me.

Just out of curiosity, why would you need to hit the gas and the brake at the same time? What else would you do that for other than a burnout?
#13 - JJ72
heel and toe.

and left foot braking.
Quote from Nathan D. :Just out of curiosity, why would you need to hit the gas and the brake at the same time? What else would you do that for other than a burnout?

As already said heel and toe. Googling it will give you full explaination and videos etc. but short version is: Heel and Toe is used when downshifting and is mainly used in rwd cars. Your right foot preses your brake, your left foot presses the clutch to downshift, You then move your right foot to blip your throttle (called heel and toe as alot of people use toes on brake and heel on throttle or visa versa). The whole purpose is that due to your engine revs being lower than wheel revs that you can lock up your rear wheels under heavy braking causing the car to be unstable. The quick blip increases your engine revs to better match your wheel revs.

In regard to wheels though: G25 for me. Only problem I have found is that heel and toe makes my foot sore as the pedals are level so I find myself pressing on the edge of the pedal not the flat top. However this was cured after the post suggesting using spacers behind the brake.
I have the G25 and been using it since last Christmas. It is really worth the money.
Quote from Nathan D. :G25 sounds good to me.

Just out of curiosity, why would you need to hit the gas and the brake at the same time? What else would you do that for other than a burnout?

I am a left food breaker. Have been since day one.

I started out in NASCAR where I found that if I didn't get ALL the way off the throttle in the turn and used the breaks, the car was a lot more stable.

I also find I have an advantage coming out of a turn due to not having to change my foot from break to gas.

Never could stand driving my real cars that way though...
Quote from Dillyracer :G25 does the job here, first one got broken after 2 years and 3 months of use but I still got a free new set from Logitech.

What? I thought the warrenty was 1 year? I suspect mine will go soon, it sounds rediculously grainy and has been in use for 2 years or so as well =p.

PC Wheel and Pedal Sets (with clutch)
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG