The online racing simulator
The biggest problem is most of us want to encourage new racers to learn. We are willing to allow exceptions for them, even when they brake way to late for turn one and take everybody out. The wrecker idiots take advantage of this niceness in all of us. This then in turn makes a lot of us react negatively to honest mistakes. Our first reaction upon getting hit is to call the other driver a wrecker. I personally think this is the biggest damage that wreckers do. Not ruining a few pick-up races on a server, but they cause disention and disrespect amongst honest racers.

So, the way I see it is to do one of two things: Be very liberal with bans and realize that if you make a mistake and take out other cars, that you most likely will get banned from a server, even if you are not a wrecker. Live with it and try not to make big mistakes in the future.

Or, we can just keep trying to be nice and deal with the wreckers like we always have. Once they are identified, ban them and try to spread the word with other server admins. This can be frustrating, but is probably still the best way to go.

One thing that would help is to have a website address in the welcome message for all organized servers and on the website have a "contact the admin" email link. That way it would be easier to contact admins. Or, just post that email as part of the welcome message.
It comes into a simple fact: if the player isn't willing to learn, he will never be good/fair driver.
It would be nice if one day LFS' damage model is up to doing demolition derby races, that way wreckers would have somewhere to go !

Quote :like hitting Shift+S when wrecked to get out of peoples ways

This is the sort of thing you only pick up when you start racing online - you wouldn't learn that by practicing offline and you probably wouldn't take it in if you researched about the game before playing (who reads manuals anyway).

Quote :So did he get a LFS ban

Quote :I really wish that all the big servers would handle stuff so well as on CCUk

He was put onto the shared server ban list (which I think CCUK operate) which is shared between a number of the 24/7 server operators. He's banned from a number of servers for a *very* long time, and he really did deserve it too. I could post the replay but it is patch S so wont work anymore, but it's undeniably wrecking behaviour.
Could you pliz make a movie of it? if not send me the replay anyways and i´ll find a way to make it movie or something, cause i want to know, and be prepared if he ever shows up on one of the [noobs] servers.
Thanks, much appreciated
Quote from Becky Rose :Wrecker in action

If you download full S patch it should play in that.

How do you play that replay?
I guess, you need S2 to play it.
Greatful to see all the suggestions peps!

I have the replay with the whole scene, i can send it over msn if it's of any interest, can give you the username of the idiot, if u send me private msg
I agree that deliberate crashers should be banned. Destruction derby should be done offline with the AI if one is so inclined. However, I have sometimes encountered tremendous lag problems over my cable connection, even on servers with relatively low ping. Some drivers vanish and reappear 20 or 30 meters from their previous apparent location in the blink of an eye. This can cause a great deal of crashing which may not only be completely unintentional, but may also have appeared quite different from other player's perspectives, including the alleged offender's.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG