The online racing simulator
how are my practise laps?
(7 posts, started )
#1 - oli17
hi, i'm practising for the MMS Cup (only got S2 yesterday), and have been trying out the XFG on FE (is it FE? it's Fern Bay but people seem to call it that:shrug. i've attached a replay, so if anyone could give me some feedback that'd be great
Attached files
first laps XFG FE Green.spr - 547 KB - 109 views
Quote from oli17 :(is it FE? it's Fern Bay but people seem to call it that:shrug

It's short name, like XF GTi = XFG.

BL = Blackwood
SO = South City
FE = Fern Bay
AU = Autocross
KY = Kyoto Ring
WE = Westhill
AS = Aston.
First of all, your set is bad, so you should download a proper one at http://www.setupgrid.net/ or http://setupfield.teaminferno.hu/.

Also, you're not using decent lines. I know that it's difficult to have a good idea of a track in 10 laps, so if you want to improve them quickly before the test event you should press "4" ingame to have LFS' idea on the question. Anyway this should only be used to learn the track, because they're pretty wrong, especially on the first section and on the last three corners.

More generally, don't be affraid to climb the curbrs. I know, they're extremely high, and they can roll your car as you saw, but 1) this won't happen with softer suspension settings and 2) you'll be automatically pulled off if you don't do so.

So, train, again, again, and again, to get faster times(your offline PB is 7.5 slower than the official WR, and I think that the whole pack will be grouped on 2-2.5 seconds on the MMS cup), anyway I'd say that this may not be a good idea to sign-up on an event only 2 days after you get S2, as you probably won't have enough time to get a proper idea of the whole thing until the race.
#4 - oli17
thanks. so are you saying i should withdraw? i'm downloading a set and practising now.
#5 - Bean0
I would say to stick at it, even if you come dead last.
League racing is a bit different to public racing, so it will be a learning experience.

We were all n00bs once, as long as you are not a danger to others on track then all should be fine. This is up to the series organisers of course.

A lot of time at FE2 can be gained/lost in the first chicane. It may be worth watching the WR replay and/or spectating some of the faster guys in-car to see their lines and braking points.
Quote from oli17 :thanks. so are you saying i should withdraw? i'm downloading a set and practising now.

Hmm... It's as you want, but if you improve your car control until then and if you think you can do it without being a danger for the others, just stay on the list.

And yes, downloading the WR can be a good idea.
#7 - oli17
thanks. although it'll sound stupid, has anyone got a good set i could use? there are only about 2 of that combo on those sites and i'm always a bit dubious about downloading them without a "seal of approval", so if anyone has a set that is fast but not impossible to handle that'd be great. i'm also working on getting out of the way safely on blue flags!

also i'll PM the MMS organisers tomorrow to clarify the situation - i'm not sure if they realise just how inexperienced i am ATM.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG