The online racing simulator
joyride xbox 360.
(18 posts, started )
joyride xbox 360.
It's like a combination of Micro Machines, Trackmania and Cars. Might be a bit of fun if it's cheap enough. Although I now want to play Micro Machines, not Joy Ride, so that little preview didn't do its job.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :It's like a combination of Micro Machines, Trackmania and Cars. Might be a bit of fun if it's cheap enough. Although I now want to play Micro Machines, not Joy Ride, so that little preview didn't do its job.

i wish i still had micro machines, it was the best game with cars/weapons i have ever played
#4 - Migz
This game is showing how pathetic microsoft are getting, their turning their xbox into a wii.
Quote from Migz :This game is showing how pathetic microsoft are getting, their turning their xbox into a wii.

how is that?
Quote from Migz :This game is showing how pathetic microsoft are getting, their turning their xbox into a wii.

Quote from mutt107 :how is that?

I agree with Mutt, i expect this game to be freeware on Xbox Live, so i guess it's just more fun for the bills you pay for having Xbox Live, and i don't think they take wii as a threat for Xbox
#7 - Migz
Quote from mutt107 :how is that?

Well me, and all of my friends just see this all as just the xbox changing into the wii.
It started with their update to create avatars, these stupid little avatars are bassicly just mii's from the wii console.
And this freeware game is just childish and the kind of game you could see a kid/family playing.
Microsoft themselves are turning the xbox into a childs console, whereas devolopers are still making awesome games for xbox.

Quote from Dennis93 :I agree with Mutt, i expect this game to be freeware on Xbox Live, so i guess it's just more fun for the bills you pay for having Xbox Live, and i don't think they take wii as a threat for Xbox

"Recent US sales figures from NDP that showed that in March 259,000 Wiis were sold, compared to 199,000 Xbox 360s and 130,000 Playstation 3s."
http://gamer.blorge.com/2007/0 ... 3-and-xbox-360-need-help/
Well they should if its outselling their console, as well as the playstation
Quote from migz :this game is showing how pathetic microsoft are getting, their turning their xbox into a wii.

+1,000000,0000000
it actually took this long to have this type of ''avatar game'' i tough something like that existed
Avatar games have been out since the system was added, but it's been in pretty static situations. Like playing Uno or 1 vs 100 or games like that. This is just the first "action" game that's used them (as far as I know).

And who can blame MS wanting a slice of the Wii pie? The console has sold upwards of 60 million units and is still flying off shelves. People are still wetting themselves to get one, so of course any sensible business is going to want some of that market.

You might not agree with it or like the avatars or use any of the features, but it's a sensible business move. Give people a choice of "family friendly" formats rather than just the "Nintendo or Nothing" it was before = more money and more customer choice.

That said, I have respect for Sony's system sticking with the "serious gamer is serious" look and feel. The interface isn't friendly and there's no smiley cartoon faces - that's what I'm talking about
-
(bmwe30m3) DELETED by bmwe30m3
best thing is is that its free
+1, its free so who can complain! All this talk about it being "pathetic" that MS is going down the wii route is stupid. I like avatars, and they add a little culture to the console. Unlike the PS3's userface with makes you want to die because its so damn bland.
It's not entirely free. Micro transactions, so you pay for new cars and tracks.
But I imagine it'll be pretty successful with most players just using the default content.
Quote from brt900 :best thing is is that its free

Ye, if it wasn't free nobody would buy this crap.

Same as PS Home, free and crap is shitty.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Unlike the PS3's userface with makes you want to die because its so damn bland.

I take it you haven't seen Home then? Screw your little cartoon avatar racing, we've got a whole bloody world

I think this shows up the average age of the Xbox user as opposed to the PS3 user quite well. I'm glad I chose the more mature, sensible console now
Me too, although home sucks.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I take it you haven't seen Home then? Screw your little cartoon avatar racing, we've got a whole bloody world

I think this shows up the average age of the Xbox user as opposed to the PS3 user quite well. I'm glad I chose the more mature, sensible console now

Actually, i have seen home. I was quite excited the first time i tryed it due to it being delayed so long. It soon got boring though. The first time you play it, you have to download a load of new area's so you can go inside them. Plus, you have to pay if you want any sort of decent clothes for your player.

It also gets boring very quickly. The arcade and bowling areas are full pretty much the whole time, so you rarely get to have a go. There's guys everywhere, no girls. I pretended to be a girl when i played it, only to be followed by loads of people saying "hi" and then getting messages sent to my account with people asking to hook up. The typical lack of AA pissed me off too.

So to sum it up, yes i have seen home. I died from boredom. ^_^

EDIT: I did however like the music, and the TV shows playing and how it rotates with you. This got boring too though as your soon realise its just being looped over and over.
Home was such a promising idea, but it's turned into just Second Life with less to do.
I have the same problem with it that Nathan does, in that the bits worth doing are always too busy and there's just not enough content. And I don't like that you can't seem to delete a specific area once you've downloaded it. I got the Farcry 2 areas to see what they were like, but now I'm stuck with them unless I want to delete Home entirely and redownload the 3Gb.

They said that it was going to be a platform for media events. I was really hoping that this year there was going to be an E3 area, where you could go to watch the conferences or walk round the virtual booths. Even if they'd just covered the Sony stuff it would've been worth going along to. A close second for those of us who can't get to the real thing.

joyride xbox 360.
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG