The online racing simulator
Mercury 5yr anniversary & closing
(114 posts, started )
Sad news, sad to see the Merc colors go... Goodluck guys... It was a pleasure to drive with u guys...

Gl in the future... Jup lfs is going down fast... Who's next...
sad news, but if something is sarting, it will be ending... i am proud to the only one race in MoE whereat i compete with (V) guys!

(sorry for my very bad english)
bye bye mercury,good luck
bad news....

Best of lucks to all the former members of the greatest LFS team ever.!
Of course it is sad news that a top level team with top level drivers (who were also top class guys, having worked with some of them on Team Great Britain), but I'd like to congratulate them on their achievements in LFS - and wish them the best of luck in the rest of their sim racing careers.
I remember when I first started playing lfs, Mercury was the team to be, haha i remember the first time i was fast enough to keep up and actually race with storm and viper and sims, I was pretty stoked. And i was even more stoked when they asked me to join, Sad to see it go.

Im looking forward to the next week with everyone getting on itll be like old times
Great post Paul, was great to read and very descriptive for a people's LFS experience, even beyond Mercury.

From a competitor, league administrator and personal point of view I want to thank Mercury for all those years of excitement and great competition you guys have provided. You guys definitely have established a name which will be long remembered within the LFS community.
Nice 1st post Paul and completely understandable reasons.
But it's still sad to see another one of the long established Teams close the doors.

Mercury
Congratulations for the 5 years of top notch racing to all Mercury guys. The closure of model teams like Mercury is indeed sad but it didn’t come as a surprise for me and for many others, simply because more or less anyone can feel this lack of motivation from time to time. As the time passes this happens more often till a point when it becomes terminal. Real word changing conditions and priorities is one part and the almost stationary state of LFS the past 3 years is the other part of this problem’s source.
Anyway this is normal. We shall only hope for better things to come and spend as much energy as we can in activities that are most satisfactory.
Thanks for all the kind comments so far guys, nice to hear Mercury will be missed.
We're all kinda down about the decision to close, but at the same time its not something we feel isnt right, we've unfortunately come to a point where theres insufficient desire to race at a competitive level which we'd be satisfied with. People were racing because we needed them to rather than them wanting to, and at the level we want to run at it needs that willingness to put in practice to get that.

Im sure a few of the Merc guys will still be involved in the big leagues from time to time, either as a guest drive or with another team, i think the real shame would be if those drivers stopped as a result of the team we've all worked hard to create being closed down.

I've updated the initial post to include the server password for this weeks fun, and also some info about how everyone can join in with things in there.
Sad to hear this I remember when i started to play in s2, and hearded right away that how awesome drivers mercury have, and only taked couple of days to see it myself. Then i get familiar with couple of drivers from the team, and i get better details about the team. Little bit jealous in that time have to say But good luck to the future. Hopefully still gonna see some racing in future with some of you guys.
This is a sad news :'( A part of me is hurting now. yett Another big team closing down ho will be next?

The devs. have to do something now or else lfs will die out. (I see it coming fast.)
God luck in the futher merc guys. I never got to race whit you guys, but it has always been a mark to beat you guys.

(My wishes is that Mercury will be reborn some time in futher.)

Good luck whit lfs and real life

"Wishes for a fairwell video"

Regards
GSR K.Brusveen
Very sad news indeed. Thanks for the races guys, I wish you all the best.
Quote from sidi :......i got old and slow

Hey you would never let me get away with pulling the age card!

Mercury has certainly a lot to be proud of, congrats on a successful 5th anniversary.

I still have good memories of the early days first with SRT then Team[400] servers and the many fun nights with vince, storm, viper, deadeye and sidi to name a few

Sidi I particularly have great respect for your fairness and the way you have conducted yourself over the years.
Vince (although I doubt he remembers lol) for helping me several times back in 2004 by doing laps with me and coaching on TS
Paul2k although I haven't had the opportunity to know you, I have great respect for how you have managed the team over the years with the various challenges you have had.

While your achievemnets have been outstanding on the track it's the people that have made it truely an exemplary team, I wish you all the best guys
despite disappearing from the whole scene in the last months it still leaves me with a sad feeling to see 'my' team close its doors.
the reason is not the name and reputation connected with the term 'Mercury' but much more all the people that were involved.
it is not about the fact that i am not part of a team full of well-known names anymore, but much more that i lost and will lose touch with them.

it was a great time, all i can say is 'thank you.'
Really a shame. Obviously one of the best teams.. I really hope to see some of you guys on the track again sooner or later, because you're all fair and strong drivers.
Good Luck guys, ill try pop round later this week
Quote from traxxion :Very sad news indeed. Thanks for the races guys, I wish you all the best.

:weeping:
Quote.

The DEVS must consider Mercury Team's words about LFS developement: sadly true.
:banghead::chair::chairs:

P.S. VW Scirocco postponed???
Sad news, although I totally understand the reasons behind it. Many well established LFS teams (mine included) have already or are currently struggling to keep their drivers motivated. The LFS scene for the last year or so is definitely going downhill, so this comes as no surprise. More to follow I'm affraid.

Anyway, many thanks for all the great moments you guys provided to the whole community and congratulation for the high standards you have set those 5 years. I sincerely wish you all the best in whatever you choose to do from now on.

Who knows, we may all meet again sometime on a similar, yet freshier, setup (rfactor-2 for example )
Thanks everyone for kind comments. It has been a rough week waiting for this day to come. After 5 years with this team the day of closure has come and even though there never was any doubt wether to close the team down or not, i hoped this day would never come. I hope in light of whats happened not only to us, but to other great teams and people the devs will take a closer look at the way live for speed is being developed and perhaps change their strategy.Im not sure if we on the day of closing Mercury will have an open server it coud be that for a period of time tonight we open up to the community.If we dont, theen i would like to say thank you to everyone we've met along the way and thank you to the devs for creating this great sim. I also would like to thank the admins of MoE for letting us be part of the greatest league lfs has to offer. And finally a big thank you to all mercury members past and present(soon to be past) for being a part something that became so much more than a racing team...
Cya
R.i.p.
Cya Boobs! (.) (.)

Mercury 5yr anniversary & closing
(114 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG