The online racing simulator
Opel Insignia Realistic Setup + addons.
(3 posts, started )
I really like the new Opel/Vauxhall Insignia, so I decided to try and make a realistic setup for LFS.

Offcourse, I used the most powerfull of all the types and sorts; the 2.8Turbo 4x4 with 260bhp @ 5500 Rpm, and 350Nm @ 1900 Rpm (you can allready skip the last part).

What you need:
LFS Incl. Patch Z
LFS_Tweak for patch Z (found here: www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=50010)
The setup; found in attached files. Tweak File; I couldn't put it in attached files, so you have to take over from the screenshot
Optional; this very simple light metallic skin, found in attached files.

Opel insignia LFS tweak settings.

Realistic or not?
Specs say about a 2800cc turbo, 4wd and 260(258)BHP.
0 - 100 in around 7 - 8 secs, so thats very realisic.
3rd gear does 140KPH (From personal experience, thats quite assumable).
The 6speed gearbox.

BUT, the car doesn't have 250Nm at 1900 RPM, but at 4072 RPM - still I think torque is realistc, drive 80 in 3rd gear and you'll be at 120 within no time at all.
Weight is 100 kilo off.
Offcourse, the shape and rims are not realistic HeHe XD.
Stats:
Normal Hard Track setup does 14:56 on the 1/4 mile, Insignia Setup does it in 13:36- incase you wondered where the 30BHP extra gone

I hope you enjoy it, I've experience this rather FAST saloon in RL and I think that's helped alot.

Post comments about improvements please.

NOTE:Change Mass Position around 65% to the front, otherwise you have a very unsable rear might you wana drive fast!
Also Brake Power can be reducted with 40 - 60 Nm, Brake Balance should be between 62 and 65.
Attached images
FXO_Pro-insignia.jpg
Attached files
FXO_insignia.set - 132 B - 1317 views
Test :)
This is nice, i love the Insignia too and i can even work on it an drive it on my work

This setup is very good but i will first give a finale test when i come home too my G25 wheel

But it's okay with the mouse so im looking forward to test it probaly
Quote from Nymann :
But it's okay

D'you know how much pressure the turbo gains?

I found that the suspension was quite good, the only thing that cannot be editted are the wheels, unfortunately. there width, distance and tyre pressure i cannot find.

Also, waht do you think about the torgue?

(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG