The online racing simulator
Installed patch - back to demo
(28 posts, started )
Why did i go back to demo when i installed the new patch? Now i have to unlock again :wtf2:

:chairs:
So type in your user name and game password, and press "unlock".

Can't be too hard, can it?

A lot easier than making a post here, that's for sure!
This will harm you, I am sure.
What kind of human are the devs, that they demand such a time-consuming and complex task from their customers?

And this mischief cries for a useless forum post...

To be honest, I bet it took you more time to post this than me to unlock the game once more

Edit: Now I added another useless post, as Scawen was quicker. Got to improve my english to cut down the time I am using looking up in the dictionary
Quote from Scawen :So type in your user name and game password, and press "unlock".

Can't be too hard, can it?

A lot easier than making a post here, that's for sure!

:P It's about the same difficulty... hehe
I had to go through a couple of my passwords untill I found the right one . . . lol. Spoon. Jar. Spoonjar. SpoonJarJarSpoon. Huhu. Loads of passwords. Got there in the end though . . .
#6 - yaper
That means that I will have to get my corporate PC to the inet c@fe to avoid proxy while unlocking.

Or maybe I don't know something about using proxy in LFS.
Yep, 8 seconds of my life that I'll never get back. Curse you LFS devs.

Too much sarcasm in this thread
#8 - herki
Quote from 2bb1nordli :Why did i go back to demo when i installed the new patch? Now i have to unlock again :wtf2:

:chairs:

Me too. Because my lfs-pc doesn't have an internet-connection, I had to unlock it via mobile-phone. Luckily I bought a IrDA-thingy a few month ago
I have another problem: I type my player name and my oassword in, klick register and get immediately the message "error waiting for answer". I switched internet security to off - same problem.

I'm behind a router, but the system was the same, when I registered the bought version last year.

Please help me,

thanks in advance
Rolf
Quote from Funnybear :I had to go through a couple of my passwords untill I found the right one . . . lol. Spoon. Jar. Spoonjar. SpoonJarJarSpoon. Huhu. Loads of passwords. Got there in the end though . . .

you telling us your passwords??
mmh...
is it not possible to save the licence data so i must not re-activate the game?
I took longer than 8 seconds ...

LFS has a minimum password length of 8 digits, all my standard passwords are 7 digits. It took me about 20 minutes to figure out what i'd used to register the game with.

Some kind of password email reminder service would have been handy.
Quote from hardlocke :is it not possible to save the licence data so i must not re-activate the game?

nope the license system has changed ... ive tried the old copy the misc folder trick too ... didnt work
but if you look into your account info you should see that victor gave you 1 or 2 free unlocks for this

Quote from Becky Rose :LFS has a minimum password length of 8 digits, all my standard passwords are 7 digits. It took me about 20 minutes to figure out what i'd used to register the game with.

Some kind of password email reminder service would have been handy.

why didnt you just log in on the main page and change your game pw to something different ?
Quote from Scawen :So type in your user name and game password, and press "unlock".

Scawen, I've never understood this unlocking policy - could you please explain me a this:

What happends when all unlocks are used up? Will I be granted a spare unlock even If I don't have any left, or is the last unlock required to get that spare unlock?

Thanks,
Quote from Shotglass :nope the license system has changed ... ive tried the old copy the misc folder trick too ... didnt work
but if you look into your account info you should see that victor gave you 1 or 2 free unlocks for this

Huh? Gave 1 or 2 unlocks for what? the patch? I only have 1 left
You get another one every month up to a maximum of 3

Dan,
Quote from r4ptor :What happends when all unlocks are used up? Will I be granted a spare unlock even If I don't have any left, or is the last unlock required to get that spare unlock?

if nothing has changed about the unlock policy with patch s/t youll get one addition unlock each month up to a number of 2 ... in case you have troubles with your system (constant crashing reinstalling windows all the time etc) and used up all your unlocks contacting victor via email and explaining the situation to ask for an additional unlock usually does the trick

Quote from r4ptor :Huh? Gave 1 or 2 unlocks for what? the patch? I only have 1 left

weird ... i currently have 3 available unlocks wich is 1 more than i should have in the first place and actually 2 more than i should have considering i had 2 before S/T came out and used one to unlock again
#18 - J.B.
Same here. I just checked my number of unlocks and it says 2 so it it cost me one (or is 2 the limit?). No problem for me of course but I wonder what would have happened if I had for some reason been at zero unlocks when I installed the patch.
Just after the patch was released, we set everyone's unlocks available to 3.
You'd have been stuffed, unless the Dev's were kind enough to reset your unlocks for you.

Edit : which it seems they indeed were kind enough to do so

Dan,
and if u use one of those 3 keys, you'll only get 2 at a maximum!
not 3...right?
Quote from Scawen :Just after the patch was released, we set everyone's unlocks available to 3.

so i must have unlocked before you did that which means youve accidently given me 2 instead of 1 free unlock
.....you know what really sucks?

My ISP just told me that I will have to wait ANOTHER WEEK until I get my connection back.....so I am STUCK AT THE DEMO :scared::doh::tired:

.....I have to play things like Half Life 2, netKar Pro (Demo of course) or Freecell.....it sucks :cry:
time to ask you neighbours to hook you up for a sec
Quote from CrazyICE :and if u use one of those 3 keys, you'll only get 2 at a maximum!
not 3...right?

Ive have had this issue a few times, for me changing to a x64 platform was a task in itself and in doing so I have used up all my unlocks, more than once! and if you email the dev they are very kind and give you another unlock after you just realised that u need to format again! I for one am very grateful

(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG