The online racing simulator
Scirocco - Yawn
(251 posts, started )
You can't please everyone though. If you enforce "realistic setup" (who defines that?), then those who like to play about with the customization of LFS's tuning will feel left out.

However if this isn't done, people will say that there are too many choices. So it's a balancing act, incredibly hard to please everyone.
/exit this thread please. It's doing my red-rag in.
Quote from 1993weeman :They aren't releasing the patch because it aint ready. Its harder than you think to make a car (am guessing) but guess what just like other normal human beings, they have other things in there life to do other than LFS.

you cant say lfs dont bring in a few k and it will bring in new customers hopefully good racers
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
Quote from Dj-Aeri :I don't see the XFG with 70hp...

The "road cars" of LFS are very tuned really.

XRT cuts 13.xx quarter mile IIRC....thats not hanging around. my pb is 12.9 but can't remember if that was wind assisted or shunted etc

XFG low 16's...it's what i'd expect from a Sports model car like that..
Quote from senn :XRT cuts 13.xx quarter mile IIRC....thats not hanging around. my pb is 12.9 but can't remember if that was wind assisted or shunted etc

XFG low 16's...it's what i'd expect from a Sports model car like that..

Nice avatar.
Quote from Antman :you cant say lfs dont bring in a few k and it will bring in new customers hopefully good racers

Yeah, but they do have other things to do in life. Like Scawen had to move house and he had probelms with the internet so he couldn't get his patchs put for testing.

But it is still a hard job to do.

Am just waiting and i dont think i will be disapointed with te finally result.
-
It could... that's what? 85bhp a litre? Most for a normal production kinda car is about 90-95 so it's within reason.
My jetta puts out around 60bhp and it's a 1.3
-
Quote from S14 DRIFT :You can't please everyone though. If you enforce "realistic setup" (who defines that?), then those who like to play about with the customization of LFS's tuning will feel left out.

I think the appeal is that if there is at least one car with basically only one setup, it will allow people to choose to have races where ONLY driver skill affects the results...
Quote from S14 DRIFT :It could... that's what? 85bhp a litre? Most for a normal production kinda car is about 90-95 so it's within reason.

The 1.3 XFG would not produce that many horses out of the factory, especially given its supposed "age", but a 1.3 106 Rallye (for example) can be tuned/modified to produce that kind of power without massive expense so yeah it's not exactly unrealistic.

Maybe if it were built today. But then if it were built today it would be much bigger, probably weigh 40-50% more and have a 2litre engine with 200bhp, and fat tyres on 17 or 18 inch wheels.
-
Civic Type R
Clio 197

Both "that sort of hot-hatch" both with NA 2litre engines and around 200bhp.
-
Quote from Dj-Aeri :¿Without a turbocharger? not possible for a non-tuned engine.

Lol.... just lol. :doh:

Honda S2000. 237bhp from 2 litres. NA and it comes like that from the factory. And they last forever.
-
omg its taking so long, omg omg omg :sadbanana

Quote from sinbad :The 1.3 XFG would not produce that many horses out of the factory, especially given its supposed "age", but a 1.3 106 Rallye (for example) can be tuned/modified to produce that kind of power without massive expense so yeah it's not exactly unrealistic.

Maybe if it were built today. But then if it were built today it would be much bigger, probably weigh 40-50% more and have a 2litre engine with 200bhp, and fat tyres on 17 or 18 inch wheels.

The Rallye is 8v as well, 16v could easily have 115bhp if you consider the 1.6 8v Rallye has 103 and the 1.6 16v GTi has 120.

Quote from Dj-Aeri :That's a rotary ¬¬ the displacement is not measured in the same way.

S2000 is a 2litre 4-pot.
Quote from Dj-Aeri :That's a rotary ¬¬ the displacement is not measured in the same way.

Honda? Rotary? Wankle? LOLZ

It's an IL4. You really should understand what you're talking about before coming across as a fool. :hide:

FYI, the Renesis engine in the Mazda RX8 produces about 245bhp from 1.3L. (That's a rotary. NA)
Just google Suzuki Swift GTi 1.3...
Quote from Dj-Aeri :
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Lol.... just lol. :doh:

Honda S2000. 237bhp from 2 litres. NA and it comes like that from the factory. And they last forever.

That's a rotary ¬¬ the displacement is not measured in the same way.

I suggest you go read about Honda engines before comparing them to Mazda engines and saying these kind of absurdities.

Like the saying goes: Don't talk about what you don't know
-
Wankel engines are from NSU, and don't you forget it
Quote from Antman :Why does everyone stand up for the devs isnt it there fault, why dont they release the patch as a surprise so they wont get all this crap instead of delaying it and saying early 2009, march aint early really is it!

Thats what they USED to do for this reason. People demanded more communication from the Devs and this happens. They can't win...
Quote from Bean0 :The Rallye is 8v as well, 16v could easily have 115bhp

Yep particularly so in the first period of 16v introduction, engines were designed for peak power instead of maximum turbulence at low revs like it has been done in the last decade.

It's all about choices and tradeoffs.

And I should add, Rallye versions (esp. the 205) did not have a reputation for being drivable at low revs. And while the XFG probably has more oomph than those, nobody said it can't have variable lift so it could have both peak power and acceptable torque in the lower end.
I do not think we are alone in this universe lol
Quote from sgt-KiLL :omg its taking so long, omg omg omg :sadbanana

Oh quit your whining already.. geez
Quote from teedot :Oh quit your whining already.. geez

Me thinks your sarcasm detector is brokended. :sadbanana

Scirocco - Yawn
(251 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG