The online racing simulator
iCON News Magazine No. 8/09 (introducing the BnJ revival cup)
Hi there!

I am Tom from the iCON Team, and i proudly present you the "official" release of "iCON News", a litte "newspaper". Inside you will find the reports from our leagues, interviews and some LFS stuff. Alongside with me is Y. Laprevotte a well known member of the LFS community.

Enjoy reading, and please tell me your oppinion, also improvement suggestions are welcome.

Download iCON News 08/2009

Archive:
iCON News 1/09
iCON News 2/09
iCON News 3/09 (inside an inte ... time with the interview )iCON News 4+5/09 (double issue)
iCON News 6/09
Download iCON News 07/2009

I appreciate to my teammates, especially Joe for editing. A special thank to mp3Astra and Bean0 for proof reading

BTW: iCON news from December 2008 is aviable here.

The next release is planned at the end of october. {deko add: October 2009 referenced here :P)

Best regards
#2 - MR_B
Very quirky, I like it!

I can see there's areas where it needs to develop, but that's to be expected for a first release. Don't feel pressurised to fill 15 pages, and may I suggest Some form of Arial font or iCON's font for the headers?

An enjoyable read, I think i'll be clicking on this a few times!

Kringle
#3 - J@tko
Quote from MR_B :Very quirky, I like it!

I can see there's areas where it needs to develop, but that's to be expected for a first release. Don't feel pressurised to fill 15 pages, and may I suggest Some form of Arial font or iCON's font for the headers?

An enjoyable read, I think i'll be clicking on this a few times!

Kringle

+1 to that.

And also a couple of the pics look a bit squished. Apart from that very nice

But couldn't you find a better picture of deko?
Some nice content in there. I even learned some things as well! A few spelling and grammar oddities but, overall, it was an enjoyable read.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Some nice content in there. I even learned some things as well! A few spelling and grammar oddities but, overall, it was an enjoyable read.

Grammar oddities? I edited it for Tom .....damn my 'A' Level English Language - obviously hasn't done me any good whatsoever
That's nice, I'll be checking it out.
Nice stuff, keep it up
Nice, I enjoyed reading it
Ok just read some of it, and although content wise it's pretty good, some work pertaining to the graphical work could be done. Mainly this was on the "front cover", but apart from the niggly things which you'll probably be addressing anyway, it's top stuff.
Quote from J@tko :+1 to that.

And also a couple of the pics look a bit squished. Apart from that very nice

It was the best pic of me. I'm not very photogenic. It's about the only one of me where It's modern me and decent.

d
Quote from J@tko :

Yez. Ewww! You wouldn't want people to think of New Dimension as the ugliest team in lfs would you?
All of the text was messed up for me on this Mac. Random characters everywhere instead of normal text, except in the questions asked to the interviewees.
Hmm, looks fine in Preview, though. Just not in Adobe Acrobat.
And one small note: IGTC isn't really run by CoRe and My3id. Benji and I do it completely apart from any team affiliation.
Which version DWB?

If you have trouble reading it, use view -> read out loud
Quote from Joe_Keaveney :Grammar oddities? I edited it for Tom .....damn my 'A' Level English Language - obviously hasn't done me any good whatsoever

Seems i can offer an editor job Nah, just kidding, a big "THANK YOU" to Joe for spending his time to edit my awful english grammar (trust me, this is a full time job )

Quote from DeadWolfBones :And one small note: IGTC isn't really run by CoRe and My3id. Benji and I do it completely apart from any team affiliation.

:doh: Sorry for the mistake, thought it is a CoRe League, will revise this in the next release

Thanks to all for your kind and useful comments, i will try to improve the quality of our little newspaper. Keep the suggestion and oppinions coming.

Best regards
Well..nice work

Got something to read when i come home.
Hi there!

iCON News No. 2/09 is published now. First post is updated with the download link.

Enjoy reading.

Kind regards
borked url... the i in icon should be capitalized.
Quote from bunder9999 :borked url... the i in icon should be capitalized.

For me the link works fine. The i in iCON is like our logo, it had to be so...

Anyway here is the original download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zdym2zu2hzr
in mediafire are two links possible:
with or without filename. I normal prefer the link with the filename, so i can see which link is for which file.

I have updated/edited the download link in first post, should work now fine.
#24 - Byku
Nice "newspaper" . It was pleasure to read it. Maybe an interview with Eric/Scawen/Victor next time?
That's a really fantastic job. Really enjoyed reading that and great work done!!!!!

Excellent. I want more

iCON News Magazine No. 8/09 (introducing the BnJ revival cup)
(133 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG