The online racing simulator
The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
Quote from squidhead :I've seen one...
First he didn't like it when he saw the trailer
When it came to consoles he really started to feel negative about it (didn't play it)
When it came to PC, he started hating it since he couldn't find a working crack
Then he spent 50 bucks on it, and found out that a 1.7 GHZ, single core Pentium with 512 ram and a GeForce MX440 (or something like that) can't run it. Now he hates everyone in Rockstargames.

If he couldnt be bothered to read the minimum requirements, then thats his problem..
The BIG problem is that some people who DO meet the requirements are having issues with it too!
Quote from Bladerunner :If he couldnt be bothered to read the minimum requirements, then thats his problem..
The BIG problem is that some people who DO meet the requirements are having issues with it too!

Yeah indeed. I wonder when there will be a PROPER patch
Quote from Bladerunner :If he couldnt be bothered to read the minimum requirements, then thats his problem..

Exactly. Big places like IGN and GTAF are filled with n00bs screaming for Rockstar's blood. Now while there are undoubtedly issues with the game, I've seen so many cases where some n00b angrily calls it a heap of shit because it won't install.... then it's discovered he hasn't got SP3 for XP. Or people who are furious that their high end rig doesn't run it with all the sliders maxed out, even though with the sliders on 2/3rds it's massively prettier than the console versions (the GTA version of the MetLife building is so appropriate here). Or the people who complain that they're "only" getting 50-60 fps, which clearly means the game is shit cos they can get 3,278,425 fps in Crysis.

To all of them, I simply say: f*ck off, buy a console!
I do find it funny people saying they are happy with 20fps though. Since when was that an acceptable frame rate?!
My comp will be more than able to run it at almost max settings. The only thing i didn't get above reccomended level on was my cpu. And that it only just below the phenom x3 they reccomend
Quote from pb32000 :I do find it funny people saying they are happy with 20fps though. Since when was that an acceptable frame rate?!

True, but GTA isn't an FPS game - mine drops to (I guess) ~25fps when it needs to do rain, reflections and bloom all at once, and benchmarks at ~45fps. It's fine for a game like GTA. I'm sure some of the n00b whingers just want to stare at the purdy graphics and grow their e-penis by having them better than everyone else's, rather than just play the damn game.
Quote from Luke.S :My comp will be more than able to run it at almost max settings. The only thing i didn't get above reccomended level on was my cpu.

Lmao. If you haven't a clue what you're talking about, please, spare us your posts in the first place.
Quote from Luke.S :My comp will be more than able to run it at almost max settings. The only thing i didn't get above reccomended level on was my cpu. And that it only just below the phenom x3 they reccomend

I doubt that, especially if your CPU is'nt even at the recommended level.
Quote from bose321 :yeah, That's The Reason Why Some People Hate Vista. "it Sucks!" 'why?' "because It's Slow" 'no, Ur Pc Is Slow.' "f*ck You!"

Something Like That ^^

:d
Oh well... I have a computer what is almost exactly like the one what is recommended. CPU is just a Athlon x2 with 2.4Ghz.
And it runs like shit. Well ok it's playable, but a bit annoying.

BTW I have been thinking, why the Minimum AMD processor is X2 64 2.4Ghz and recommended is Phenom X3 2.1Ghz. Wouldn't the X2 with higher clock rate perform better than X3 with lower clock rate? I don't think GTA IV is able to fully use all the performance of the three cores?
Quote from mutt107 :it should be good enough to run gta 4

It should run it, but the CPU is the weak point. Dual cores need to be as fast as possible for GTA4 as the theory is that it's trying to condense the 3+ threads of the Xbox/PS3 into two for the Core2Duos. If you specifically want it to play GTA4, I'd suggest spending the same amount on a quad-core desktop.
Quote from STROBE :It should run it, but the CPU is the weak point. Dual cores need to be as fast as possible for GTA4 as the theory is that it's trying to condense the 3+ threads of the Xbox/PS3 into two for the Core2Duos. If you specifically want it to play GTA4, I'd suggest spending the same amount on a quad-core desktop.

i need a laptop though i don't really 'need' to play gta 4 i just wanted to know if it can run it
Wonderful game... PERFECTO!
Hmmm... I jus spent 2 and half hours uploading my GTA IV video to youtube and when it was finally done it said it was too long and the video got deleted. fuk.
Quote from Bose321 :Not Really.

Why are most of your posts just two or three words of general nonsense?

Have you bought the game? Or just played the buggy torrent one you probably got if you havn't bought it.
Quote from mcintyrej :Have you bought the game? Or just played the buggy torrent one you probably got if you havn't bought it.

You mean the one that is an identical copy of the original discs? :roll:

My rig barely scrapes by at the absolute minimum of settings(860x480 is like friggin' legos on a 24-inch) with all kinds of fuzzyness and weird blocks. The patch fixed the flickering shadows, now 1.2 needs to get rid of the DRM-code that's wrapped around 30-40% of the code in the game. Too bad Rockstar never release more than one patch per GTA-game. Q6600, 3.5 GiBs of ram and a x1950PRO 512MB. 1280x800 should be possible. The graphics aren't that great.
Quote from Lautsprecher[NOR] :You mean the one that is an identical copy of the original discs? :roll:

My rig barely scrapes by at the absolute minimum of settings(860x480 is like friggin' legos on a 24-inch) with all kinds of fuzzyness and weird blocks. The patch fixed the flickering shadows, now 1.2 needs to get rid of the DRM-code that's wrapped around 30-40% of the code in the game. Too bad Rockstar never release more than one patch per GTA-game. Q6600, 3.5 GiBs of ram and a x1950PRO 512MB. 1280x800 should be possible. The graphics aren't that great.

If I correctly remember, the X1950 is quite weak card. It's not surprise it won't run GTA IV well.
I remember my friend having that card for a little amount of time, it supposed to be a good gaming card on it's time but still my old X800 was able to keep up with it. My friend got bored with it quite fast and replaced it with Nvidia 8600GT iirc.

BTW I dunno about you, but for me GTA IV is more playable at 1400x1050 than with lower resolutions.
The X1950 was a very strong card of it's time... Might be a different one you're thinking about.
Hmm... Or the fact that my buddy's computer didn't like to get running properly back in the day But I'm pretty sure it was 1950 and we were like that should be a good card but the performance is still so low.
Among my friends he was the first to get x2 cores in his system. But I still kept up with him with my 3000+ and X800.
Quote from Bose321 :Not Really.

Sorry if it took so long to get back to you. I have a solution!

Go get a new computer that doesn't have vista on it. Actually treat it like a piece of software that could become damaged. Then actually get the right drivers for your computer instead of windows finding them for you.

And

It'll run "PERFECTO" on your computer.

Cheers.
Does anyone konw if you can connect trailers to the Truck as it was possible in GTA:SA? Can't do it
Quote from [RF]-art555 :Does anyone konw if you can connect trailers to the Truck as it was possible in GTA:SA? Can't do it

You can't. In fact the whole game is pretty limited compared to SA etc.
Quote from runeman :Sorry if it took so long to get back to you. I have a solution!

Go get a new computer that doesn't have vista on it. Actually treat it like a piece of software that could become damaged. Then actually get the right drivers for your computer instead of windows finding them for you.

And

It'll run "PERFECTO" on your computer.

Cheers.

What's wrong with vista? i like vista alot more then XP.

Quote from mcintyrej :Why are most of your posts just two or three words of general nonsense?

Have you bought the game? Or just played the buggy torrent one you probably got if you havn't bought it.

Doesn't make any sense. And why is it nonsense? This game just is NOT 'perfect' it has alot of bugs and glitches.
It JUST runs on my PC.
But I really like it.

The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG