The online racing simulator
LORY GP5
(29 posts, started )
LORY GP5
Hello racers!

I started working on a mod based on the Delage 15 S8, a racing car build in 1926. This is the very beginning of the work, mainly finding the right proportions of the car.

Power: 170 BHP at 8,000 RPM
Weight: 750 kg
Top speed: 210 km/h

Attached images
Capture d’écran_2022-02-04_19-19-31.png
The proportions are good now
I started to refine the shape and add details.
Attached images
dalege_prev2.png
dalege_prev3.png
#3 - VladM
looks very promising! think this should be a very good competitor against tomfuels 30's racing carSmile keep it up man
Thx VladM!

the tomfuels t34 is one of my favorite mods, that's what made me want to start the 15s8 delage.
The 2 cars should have similar performance, which will make it a perfect competitor to the t34 I think.
I keep adding details.
At the same time, I'm starting to learn LFS editor...
Attached images
dalege_prev4.png
oh ! i just discover your project !

thanks for the compliment about T34 Smile

seems hard to align the 2 cars on track, you planned 20cv more at 8000 rpm (T34 is 149 at 4500) and yours is 90kg lighter.

maybe the track with lot of turns will balance the 2 cars..

anyway, it's a good thing to fill LFS (the online racing simulator) with Vintage Race cars Thumbs up

i work on the last era for the triptik : 1940' https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/97130-1940%27s-race-car-%21
All these old cars are very fun to drive, and yes we also need cars from the 40s!

Starting the dashboard and very first test in lfs...
Attached images
dalege_prev6.png
dalege_prev5.png
The main body is finished now, I can concentrate on the cockpit, the dashboard and the suspensions.
Attached images
dalege_prev7c.png
dalege_prev7b.png
dalege_prev7a.png
great work !
Thanks Tom
Polycount is starting to be dangerously high, I will have to optimize the model and simplify the interior a bit.
I think I can publish a first version in a few days.
Attached images
dalege_prev8b.png
dalege_prev8a.png
Thumbs up Wow, that looks like a car that's right up my alley. I'll be watching out for this test. Thumbs up
very good job ! lot of details and a tricky way to use frame susp on the rear Thumbs up

i love your wheel nuts and tiny windshield, i surely mp you to buy one Wink
Thanks you Tomfuel!

Go ahead everything but the main body is free!
There is a texture problem on the wind shield.
It's a easy fix, assign the side round part to metal s material
Or wait a little, i will upload a new version today
thank you !
if you like Vintage racing : come on our RetroCup at Gum Garage Wink
I like vintage racing and i will come with pleasure but I do not have predictable schedules in my work, not easy to anticipate. I will try to come when I have a little less pressure...

A new version is online, no more mapping problem on the wind shield.
oh god, i take a look on the subobject windshield : it is very high poly ! Looking
i am afraid of entire Lory occurs cpu excessive charge in races Uhmm
The wind shield is just in front of the player and i want smooth surface.

Lory is close to the maximum allowed in poly count. I test a race with 31 car with my old gtx 970, with maximum quality and max distance display and i had 180 fps on average.

If a gamer have really old PCs, they should adjust their display quality accordingly.
Downloaded this mod (Ver 8) and I got a "cross texture triangle found in LOD1" error message.

Attached images
Lory GP5 Triangle.png
Thanks for the report, I'll check it tomorrow.
Hi, sorry, but can you also check the "16" on the numbered skin.

Very nice mod with excellent driver animation Smile
Attached images
Lory16.png
Thanks for the compliment!

The bugs are fix now.

There are still small glitchs in the animation, I will try to fix it this afternoon.
Is there a way to make the clutch more durable? Because when playing on mouse, just moving from a standstill on a mouse warms the clutch to almost red. I've heard that "Interia Mul" slider in the engine setup has effect on that, but haven't tested it so can't confirm.

I also wish it would be possible to swap the dash/steering to the left. I KNOW that this would be unrealistic since they only came with steering on the right but still.
Yes I will raise the inertia parameter a little and test with an automatic clutch.
Also I put the real parameters for the gearbox, with a very long 1st. Putting a shorter first gear might help.

Besides the fact that I want to keep the car realistic, it is impossible to change sides for the dashboard because the whole body is not symmetrical, and we cannot put symmetry on the main body, only sub objects.

LORY GP5
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG