The online racing simulator
Lotus action on Wachauring, Austria
(16 posts, started )
Nice videos! Looks like you were having fun!
i liked the second one with the 5:06 and past thing
Good stuff!
#5 - amp88
Not often you see tracks that run in both directions in real life. Good driving, looks like fun.
Didn't look like any of the other guys had ever been on a track before. Or at least no one had ever shown them what an apex was

Nice driving though. Liked the way the Porche driver gave himself a bit of a scare at the end there and lifted off to let you pass. Car like that must have been a handful on such a short tight circuit.
Quote from gezmoor :Didn't look like any of the other guys had ever been on a track before. Or at least no one had ever shown them what an apex was

It looked like a "free driving" session to me. You would be surprised how many people drive their cars around the track like grandmas at such events.
Quote from jibber :It looked like a "free driving" session to me. You would be surprised how many people drive their cars around the track like grandmas at such events.

Well having done motorcycle track days with my own motorcycle, I can understand peoples reticence to push hard or past their own comfort levels. It's one thing to damage the tracks car/bike at a race school and quite another to do it to your own vehicle. Especially when it's your transport home after the day.
I go to france for trackdays... if my car dies or i kiss a wall with it, i'll be stranded in france. Nevertheless, i don't see the point in going to a track when you drive like old people do, so i always push it. Some people actually approached me in the pit lane with comments like "hey man, be careful not to damage your car" (since i usually do quite a few laps per session and drive like i stole the car :shy. I always tell 'em "nah, it'll survive it, don't worry".

But i see your point. I think the main reason why people drive slow on trackdays is because they don't want to stress their precious and expensive car (i guess that's why it's mostly the expensive cars that don't get driven hard). However, i don't really understand why those people go to trackdays then...
nice driving, especially in the 2nd vid! good stuff
Quote from jibber :......However, i don't really understand why those people go to trackdays then...

Well there is no law saying that you need to be a good driver in order to own a decent (sports) car. Rightly so too in my mind.

Anyway, how do you know they're not pushing it for them? It may well be that they go on a track to drive the car as fast as they feel comfortable doing so. If that's a lot slower than the car could go, so be it, it's their money and their life to enjoy as they see fit.

I'd be amazed if anybody pays money to go on a track day and doesn't at least drive faster than they could safely/legally go on public roads.

Track days are all about enjoyment at the end of the day, with the side benefit of learning something about how your vehicle reacts at speeds that you wouldn't normally drive it, in a safe environment. As long as you personally think you got your moneys worth, I wouldn't worry about how slow other drivers might be going in all honesty. Any decent track day should be separating drivers on their pace anyway, so you should never come up against someone that is dangerously slower than you.
Quote from gezmoor :Well there is no law saying that you need to be a good driver in order to own a decent (sports) car. Rightly so too in my mind.

Anyway, how do you know they're not pushing it for them? It may well be that they go on a track to drive the car as fast as they feel comfortable doing so. If that's a lot slower than the car could go, so be it, it's their money and their life to enjoy as they see fit.

I'd be amazed if anybody pays money to go on a track day and doesn't at least drive faster than they could safely/legally go on public roads.

Track days are all about enjoyment at the end of the day, with the side benefit of learning something about how your vehicle reacts at speeds that you wouldn't normally drive it, in a safe environment. As long as you personally think you got your moneys worth, I wouldn't worry about how slow other drivers might be going in all honesty. Any decent track day should be separating drivers on their pace anyway, so you should never come up against someone that is dangerously slower than you.

+1

that sums it up perfectly, i am really slow in every race i attend, to the point that i literally hope to be in the back from the start so i dont ruin everybody, and get banned...i almost always lose
This video makes me want an Elise.

I can get a used one for 25 grand... hmmm.
#14 - JJ72
That porsche's lines are horrid

Everyone just seem to be crusing around.
Quote from JJ72 :That porsche's lines are horrid

Everyone just seem to be crusing around.

They don't look too impressive do they. Having said that it's a heavier car with a lot more power. It's not going to be driven in the same way as an Elise anyway. To get the most out of it you'd use a more "point and squirt" style of driving than the Elise, which will need to rely much more on its cornering speed.
that tracks a bit too tight but other then that good fun.

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG