The online racing simulator
Test Patch D64
(243 posts, closed, started )
EDIT: I think I understand.

EDIT2: Thanks, I got it, will be fixed in next test patch hopefully this evening.
When my friend typed ./light extra, I realized that I didn't see her lights.

And he said he experienced the same thing with me
Scawen, you don't hear this enough so I want to make sure you see this.

We all really appreciate the hard work and dedication. It does not go unnoticed. Please pass this along to the other devs.
Quote from Rubbel_31 :When my friend typed ./light extra, I realized that I didn't see her lights.

And he said he experienced the same thing with me

Thanks again. Is there a public mod I can use (with extra light) to quickly test my fix?
Quote from JayDeM :Scawen, you don't hear this enough so I want to make sure you see this.

We all really appreciate the hard work and dedication. It does not go unnoticed. Please pass this along to the other devs.

Thanks, I keep trying to stay calm but I'm a bit tired. I'm looking forward to a good release and a good break! Smile
Quote from Scawen :Thanks, I keep trying to stay calm but I'm a bit tired. I'm looking forward to a good release and a good break! Smile

You absolutely deserve it! , this will be my last reply as it just clutters up your space. Enjoy!
Quote from Scawen :Thanks again. Is there a public mod I can use (with extra light) to quickly test my fix?

MERSOLES TRAMEGO

I added you from access
Quote from Rubbel_31 :MERSOLES TRAMEGO

I added you from access

Extra lights on the ceiling of the bus
"Host did not recieve UDP packet" problem is often on demo and S3 servers since D57 for me.
Also "Mod : Could not connect: and "FATAL NET ERROR : CONNABORTED" appeared in chat on S3 few times while connecting.
How can i report it properly with logs or whatever you need? Do i need to?
I guess that is probably a temporary internet connection problem somewhere between your computer and our servers. Nothing has changed in the network code and I haven't heard such reports from other players (yet).
Test Patch D58

Lights:

Headlight switch now incompatible between versions < D50 and >= D50
FIX: Extra light of remote cars was not visible when switched on

Moving subobjects:

Popup headlight system generalised for moving objects with switches
Light / horn switches work even if car does not have that feature

Download: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/106005
Hi, I found three four (possible) bugs, though I'm not completely sure this time are they how intentional after all Smile

1) Related to this test patch: bug when using command /h_tres

If you choose a mod, which class is an object (like football), you can see it has no power unit. Therefore, the only handicap you can set to that is voluntarily added mass (and its position).

Here's a thing though: you can now use this command:
Quote :/h_tres username X - set restriction for user's car

Which means, you can set restriction for user's object. Object that has no power unit!

Best way to reproduce is this:
1) Choose football mod (or any other object)
2) Type command /h_tres username X
3) You can now see that your object now has an intake restriction (it's even shown on F11 display), even though it should not be possible, since you cannot add that to objects while you're in the pits

2) Related to this test patch: bug when using command /h_mass

If you choose a vehicle, which maximum voluntary added mass is less than 200 kg, and you decide to add a value that is higher than that vehicle's maximum possible added mass, LFS erroneously states, you have that much of added mass, even though you don't really have.

Best way to reproduce is to do this:
1) Choose any vehicle, which maximum voluntary added mass is less than 200 kg (for example, UF1000). You can even use that football I recommended to use in the first bug, since that object's maximum possible added mass is just 20 kg.
2) Type command /h_mass username 200
3) You now see a message, that your handicaps is now 200 kg, even though F11 window clearly states something else (in case of UF1000, it is only 120 kg, so even if you type /h_mass username 150, you can still reproduce this bug).

And by the way, if you use object mod "ROAD BARRIER", you can see that you cannot add any handicaps at all to that object. If you use that mod and type that command /h_mass username X, you can see LFS stating that your handicap is now 1-200 kg (depending on the value you typed to that command), but nothing is shown on F11 display! Strangely though, your possible "intake restriction" is still displayed properly in that F11 window, when using that mod.

EDIT: Added this bug #3 as well, this wasn't originally here

3) Related to this test patch: bug when viewing replays

If you watch a replay of a session, where you have used /h_mass and/or /h_tres command on yourself, that cyan "Handicaps" message is still printed out on your screen every time you use those commands on yourself. And if you decide to watch that replay again, those messages will be also shown again.

Although there is a possibility that it's on purpose, I just don't get it why those new restrictions are shown as a message every time I watch that specific replay.

4) Unrelated to this test patch: small interface/display bug

(Although it's unrelated to this test patch, I happened to notice it while I found those other bugs, so I thought I might as well tell about this)

If you have enabled LFS logo to be displayed at top left corner of screen and decide to display Frame rate on that left side as well, LFS logo will overlap that FPS rate completely. So if you have chosen to display LFS logo in-game, displaying FPS counter on the left side of screen has a same result than not displaying FPS counter at all.

That caught my attention, because everything else (virtual start lights and small map), which can be shown on the left side are displayed properly regardless if LFS logo is displayed or not. It's just that FPS counter which is not displayed at all on the left side if LFS logo is also shown there.
Quote from Flame CZE :This is more noticeable on big subobjects like the doors on the bus:

Interesting that this same lightmap issue has always been there for other moving subobjects and most noticeably, the wheels. This can be seen by driving a car in and out of the shade, the wheels get lighter and darker together.

They got their lighting as if positioned at the car object centre. Anyway I found a fix so that'll be in the next update.
A small thing that might be worth updating now that XRG/XRT had been updated for the pop-up lights.

While testing the new car light system I've noticed that only RB4 has working blinkers/side turning lights.

I've also checked that they do not serve as parking lights (just in case they already had a function assigned).

Non working on:
  • XRG
  • XRT
  • LX4
  • LX6
  • FXO
  • RAC
  • FZ5
Attached images
Screenshot 2023-12-13 145537.png
EDIT: Ah I see what you mean - the small indicators on the side of the car.
The animation for the extra lights gets replayed when changing views
Thanks for the bug report, but when you report a bug, please can you describe a simple reproduction method? So I can see it easily and don't have to spend half an hour trying to figure out what you mean. I just don't have that time available.
Quote from redbot_ :The animation for the extra lights gets replayed when changing views

I'm sorry for not being clear.

I saw this on Flame's Karobus

turn extra lights on, change views, the door opening animation gets replayed
What method do you use to change views? I'm not getting this in single player.
Test Patch D59

Graphics:

Small indicators on side of XRG/XRT/FXO/LX4/LX6/RAC/FZ5 now flash
Subobject indicators left / right now relative to whole vehicle
FIX: Lighting of subobjects and wheels was as if at vehicle centre

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/106005
I am not sure if this is entirely off-topic as it's a suspension question, currently it is only achievable to optain a great caster angle than 6, by running macpherson, which is virtually unlimited, is it a possibility to increase or make it optional to increase this on Double Wishbone and other suspension types? Thanks a lot.
Quote from Dennis93 :I am not sure if this is entirely off-topic as it's a suspension question, currently it is only achievable to optain a great caster angle than 6, by running macpherson, which is virtually unlimited, is it a possibility to increase or make it optional to increase this on Double Wishbone and other suspension types? Thanks a lot.

Unfortunately it cannot be increased in a compatible version, and it's not possible for me to create a new, fully incompatible, version at this point.

I've made a note to look at increasing that at some point in future when an incompatible version is to be released.
-
(LucKv) DELETED by LucKv : off topic
This thread is closed

Test Patch D64
(243 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG