The online racing simulator
BF1 Eagle Rendered Movie.
(42 posts, started )
or use radiosity, one or the other..
Quote from samyip :Bob,
That certainly doesn't look like a full HDTV quality. (may be the file size would be too big to be attach to this forum if it was in HDTV size)
The jerks probably caused by the slowest of refreshing each frame, the codec's quality setting may be too high which it has not compressed to run smoothly.
DivX or Mpeg are not bad for compressing and at the same time hold good enough quality. I personally perfer AVI/mpeg format because they can be played on a larger range of media.
Bink is quite often seen in Games, which it captures the real time 3D (not pre-rendered) animations. Anyway, I could be wrong.

Don't blame Bink, it was my call. Yes it is 15 FPS as I wanted to slow down the time that the camrea moved over the car I'll just add more frame next time. Bink does it self have video controls, it's a bunch of key board short cuts. As for the codec it self, yes it is apart of the video file, that's why it's an EXE. I think it's 512x384. What ever the max that is allowed by the video renderer in demo mode. Bink is a better then DVD quality codec when used at full pelt, but I'm not using it a full pelt. I'm using it for online video, bandwith is an issue. As for the player being jerky, it would not be if I did not slow down the frame rate down to half. I think they programed the bink compressor in assembly so it's supper faster even at HD levels. The bit rate is 196608 Bytes Per Second.

[edit] No the bite rate for the movie is infact 589824 [/edit]
Mark The Time. I just started a 240 Frame Render of the BF1 in the Eagle Skin. This I'll release as soon as compressed.
Quote from Dygear :The bit rate is 196608 Bytes Per Second.

4.6mb at that bitrate (1536kbit/s?) ? Your video converted to xvid at 9708 kbit/s weighs in at 1.8mb, never even being close to hitting the bitrate limit.
http://www.mcb-ltd.co.uk/MCB_3d/959/MR_01.avi

This is a test render of my old modeled car rendered in mental ray. (This car is a very high poly model, many times higher than LFS models. But it wasn't completed, many part were missing, i.e. the rear brake ) A sequence of taga still images import to an editing programm and used Microsoft mpeg4 to create this 6 seconds 720 x 576 25fs animation, bit rate set at 6000kb/second.
But for speed, this animation did not render with fields, which will play smoother if did so.

file size: 2.33m
EagleA2.exe - 5.76 MB (6,041,088 bytes)

512x384@24FPS and 589824 Bytes/Second.
Quote from filur :4.6mb at that bitrate (1536kbit/s?) ? Your video converted to xvid at 9708 kbit/s weighs in at 1.8mb, never even being close to hitting the bitrate limit.

Turns out I was wrong. The video is infact encoding at 589824 Bytes per second.
That's 4608 kilobits per second.
Looks good Dy, I’ve added a few revisions since however

Great thunder. Could I get a 2048x2048 png of that?
Done
Quote from Dygear :.. That's 4608 kilobits per second.

Bink seems a bit strange, xvid at insane settings makes your latest clip 4.51mb maxing out at ~4200kbit. Since it never hits the limiter (~9700kbit) it means there's no more data to compress, where does bink find extra data to compress?
The Bink videos don't seems to be compressing as the best quality as you described. The videos seems pixelated in places (i.e. the driver seat has square pixels in some frames and the floor shading has the ribbing)

Don't get me wrong here, I am not criticizing your animation, it is very nice. But I don't think Bink has showing the best of your work here yet.

It is just that I don't think 5.76 MB justify for the quality of 512x384@24FPS and 589824 Bytes/Second seen here. Compare to mine which was done at 720 x 576 @ 25FPS and 6000kb/s is only 2.33mb
Quote from samyip :The Bink videos don't seems to be compressing as the best quality as you described.

I don't think anyone (game developers etc.) is choosing bink for quality, it's probably more about it being relatively cheap, the small / fast player code and multi-platform support in the sdk.

Question is, why is dygear using it?
Quote from samyip :The videos seems pixelated in places (i.e. the driver seat has square pixels in some frames and the floor shading has the ribbing)

Don't blame Bink, that pixelated crap is in the uncompressed file aswell.

Quote from samyip :It is just that I don't think 5.76 MB justify for the quality of 512x384@24FPS and 589824 Bytes/Second seen here. Compare to mine which was done at 720 x 576 @ 25FPS and 6000kb/s is only 2.33mb

I could do a 1280x720@24 video rendered out that would be around 5MB area for 10 seconds. As a matter of fact ... TheNZ's Bink 3DS Max Renders. All of them are 720p, and I think they are at 921600Bytes Per Second or 7200 Kilobits per second. I don't think that's bad for HD .

Quote from filur :Question is, why is dygear using it?

Very easy to use. Very fast, even on low end computers. Very good quality, if you want to spend the time tweaking the settings.
It's Free and Works on ALL Platforms.
Quote from Dygear :Don't blame Bink, that pixelated crap is in the uncompressed file aswell.

The pixelated result is normally seen on compressed file, that is strange if it shown up on your uncompressed file, because an uncompressed frame should look exactly like your single still image, and I don't recall seeing any of your still images posted were pixelated.
Quote from Dygear :.. All of them are 720p, and I think they are at 921600Bytes Per Second or 7200 Kilobits per second. I don't think that's bad for HD .

Converted FunInADryer.exe (47,6mb) to xvid, topping at 9231 kbit/s (limit at ~9700), 26,4mb.
Converting from RGB to xvid took 2m 13s, converting from RGB to Bink at 7200 kbit/s estimated time to ~25 minutes.

Strange codec, i'd say.
Quote from filur :Strange codec, i'd say.

Indeed it is .

BF1 Eagle Rendered Movie.
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG