BCP3: 0000000000000000

BCP4: 000000000000000D

OS Version: 6_1_7601

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 768_1

also noticed PC is quite slow after, please help
Attached images
image.jpeg
the STOP code suggests that its an error with you GPU. Try another driver (newer/older) and reset the GPU clock if you overclocked it.
Apparently it's a NVidia driver. So I just reinstalled them. But yeah, I don't overclock anything as I am afraid to burn things up.
Its happened again
#5 - Mysho
Try using older drivers, not the latest ones. Use some driver from say 306 series, chech if the problem persists. If that is happening your gpu is dying and you need a new piece of hardware. Typing from xperia, sry for typos.
I love the smell of BSOD in the morning......

I'm assuming that you're updated your vid drivers
Did you completely uninstall, restart, reinstall ?
Overheating ? Check the PC and card are dust free.
Check the HD for disk errors.
Try Ccleaner and check for registry issues, can be an idea after uninstalling the vid drivers, before reinstalling.
ordered a 630w PSU and a GT 610

should be ok.

I tried everything racer x and myscho mentioned before it was posted and had no luck. I think my GPU was just low on power bc im running on a 250W psu when recommended for a GT 240 is 300W. Considering it has never happened in the past 4 years until I got iracing, maybe it is just overly demanding or the GPU is worn out after 4 years.

If I am upgrading the PSU might as well upgrade my GPU while I'm at it.
Or perhaps it's your power supply...........

Good idea updating to a 630. Says a lot about your old 250 one though.
A GT610? Those are, like the GT240, one of the most useless cards to use as dedicated graphics card. 630W also is totally overkill for such a basic system (I am running 520W on my rig), and will most likely make the PSU run really inefficient.

Also, isn't the GT610 a LOT slower compared to the GT240, which already is slow?
I don't think the 610 would be slower than a 240, that would be unfortunate.

As for the PSU, it was on sale and had really good ratings on New Egg.

I don't understand what would make this slower than the GT240 though, if anything it should be more robust?
What makes you think it's faster? I believe even integrated graphics in processors are faster nowadays.
"Supercharged performance for your HD videos and photos, immersive 3D movies, and entry level gaming."

I'm just looking for something to run LFS on max settings, smoothly run BF on low, and run iracing somewhere in the middle :P
2GB vram won't make a difference, the card is too slow to make use of the extra memory and it only matters if you're running 1080p or some very texture heavy game like modded Skyrim anyway. I'd seriously return it for something better and faster.

If your budget is that low, try what you can find from Ebay.
Well I could spend about 100 dollars on a graphics card, assuming I can return it if it's that bad.

I was told it would be better than the 240...
Well that certainly gives you more room to play with, but this is pretty much the slowest card I would personally recommend to anyone playing anything more serious than facebook games:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ ... aspx?Item=N82E16814130914

It's pretty much a whole different beast compared to absolute low end stuff, while not costing THAT much more.
Well, it thats 50 more than what I wish to spend
I heard there wasn't much of a difference between that card and the 610?
btw my onboard is an HD Radeon 4200 - and it cant even run LFS smoothly :P
Quote from Bmxtwins :I heard there wasn't much of a difference between that card and the 610?

From the same person who said GT 610 is faster than GT 240? Do yourself a favor, and slap him/her in the face for talking complete bullshit.

Now, let's look at performance. Here's GT 240 vs GTX 650 in plain numbers. Remember, that 240 is already a ~twice faster card than 610.

http://www.hwcompare.com/13536 ... gddr5-vs-geforce-gtx-650/
I don't have the gt240 ddr5. I have the ddr3 with 512 MB. I compared the clock speed and crap and noticed that the 610 had higher numbers.
The type of vram doesn't really matter so much with slower cards, they're choked by main memory bus to make use of faster chips. Also, you can't compare cards purely by their clock speeds. Atleast not unless three simple conditions are met:
  1. The core architecture is the same - you can compare a GK104 to GK104, but not to GK107
  2. The number of CUDA cores/stream processors must be roughly equal
  3. The framebuffer bus width must be roughly equal
If those conditions are met, then you can compare one cards speed to another purely by their clock speeds.

I mean if you compared a GTX 680 to a Titan, you'd see that 680 has higher standard and boost clocks, so that means it must be faster than a Titan, right? Wrong, the Titan has shitloads of more CUDA cores (2688 vs 1536) and a wider memory bus (384-bit vs 256-bit) so even with way lower clock speeds, the Titan completely destroys the 680.

Now, the reason why that GT 610 is so much slower than your previous GT 240 is because it has far less CUDA cores (48 vs 96) and the memory bus is very narrow (64-bit vs 128-bit) so this is another good comparison how clock speeds aren't the holy answer to everything.
As well,Modern Warfare 2 isn't a good judge for GFX capabilities considering it's a fairly dated game engine, with stuff tacked on and doesn't really try to push the envelope as it needs to be able to work on it's console brethren.
how do I know if my pc can support pci express 3.0?

im on an hp p6610f but it doesn't mention what pci version in the specs.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG