The online racing simulator
timing out to own dedicated host?
(6 posts, started )
Probably another n00b hosting question, but given enough time I seem to always lose connection/timeout.. to my own dedicated host, (which is being run on a another system in my house). The first time it happened I thought the whole room must be getting ready to drop, though nobody else lost connection & I was able to connect back np. Are there settings I need to tweak somewhere or.. As always, thanks in advance!
i'm guessing either you have a really really out router and it just can't handle the extra load (in that case you shouldn't be hosting) or the connection your using on the computer your playing on is cutting out
#3 - PoVo
Also check for any anti-virus or firewall blocking the connection.
Hmm, shouldn't be any of the above but I appreciate the suggestions! (and will check for any software that shouldn't be auto-updating etc) What seemed odd to me was that nobody else saw even a blip in performance/it was me that disco'd.. oh well, didn't happen tonight..
#5 - PoVo
Were you using WiFi by any chance?
Quote from PoVo :Were you using WiFi by any chance?

Yeah, though I always am and have a real solid connection/no issue hosting much more intense games etc. Still, I realize the most likely response will be wifi sucks for hosting, packet loss, put it on a wire etc. (which I will eventually, once I get my old "server" tower back in action)

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG