The online racing simulator
What can i do with this card?
(8 posts, started )
Oh hai guys!

I need some help with a Graphics Card. I have a computer at work which i use for work (ofcourse) and a little FPS and LFS occasionally for those boring Saturday mornings.

The card was originally in my dads computer. Somehow, the card got so incredibly hot, that the base of the fan distorted, making the fan catch the heat sink and stopping, causing the card to overheat and bring up artifacts.

I've since had the card, and it works fine (i tried it without the fan. Works great until it overheats again due to the lack of a fan) but i need something to cool it. I'm pretty sure the plug on the card still works, but i need a fan or some sort of cooling.

So my question is, where can i find something to cool it efficiently so it can be used for gaming again? Is it possible to fit aftermarket fans or coolers to this card?

If not, what would be the best card i could buy for around £40? Needs to be AGP / AGP 8x.

PC SPECS:
CPU: Intel P4 3GHz.
GPU: PNY Nvidia 7600GS 256mb
Memory: 80GB HD. 512mb RAM.
PSU: AC Input 100-240V. DC Output 250watts max.

Regards,
Frenchy
when my computer fans broke i simply took a smal home fan, opend up the side and just puted it there.. gave plenty of cold air to the whole computor..

it braked after like 2 years.. so now im back in 2 small computer fans that i just laid ontop if the graphics card..

i have a geforce 7600..
I don't really want a domestic fan have to be stuck there on my desk.

I would rather it was the same size fan as the previous one so that i could plug it straight in and put the card back in. Here is a picture of the card for reference.
Attached images
2009-12-22-42279.jpg
You can buy replacement fans from ebay - that's what I've done in past.

You'll have to make sure that you get 2 things right;

does your card need a 2 or a 3 pin connector?

the correct measurement (centre to centre) for the clips that hold the fan to the card (they go thru holes already in the card)

Listing on ebay should give the right info - see something like
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mini-Com ... ks_SR?hash=item45f001c1a6
Thanks, I will check that out.

As you can see in the picture, the lead would go above the heat sink and then into a 2-pin connector. It would then screw into the heat sink with 3 tiny screws in a triangular shape.

EDIT: The one in the link you posted looks like it might work, although the casing for the plug looks a little chunky. I will place a bid on it later and see whether it works or not.

Thanks!
How good are "blowers"? I've never heard of them before, let alone use one. How do they work? From looking at that eBay ad, i take it they fix in an empty space in the case (luckily, i have one right next to the card) and then you plug them in and they blow air through? Is the RPM for the internal fan adjustable?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PC-Case- ... ks_SR?hash=item48361d5f9f
you might be able to get your hands on a golden orb, and then push the fan out of the heatsink... they look the same size.
LOL. That´s, indeed, cool

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG