The online racing simulator
Need some help with BLENDER please
(11 posts, started )
Ok I've followed the steps and got all of this.Now I've completed the setup for Blender, I've converted the cmx2obj script and edited the script with the text editor and this is what I've got

File Path= c:/Documents and Setting/Michael/Desktop/LFS_S2_ALPHA_V/CMX Viewer/data/

FileToLoad= "XRT - XR GT TURBO"

outputDir= c:/Documents and Settings/Blender2 This is my dedicated folder.

outputFileName= "Michael"

I click Alt+P to make sure the script is fine and it is.
I follow this step, Import the file
Ok now click "File>New", confirm "Erase all", and then "File>Import>Wavefront (.obj)"

Now this is where I get lost to a point. My converted file is under Blender2, I follow this step. Locate the converted file you want to import and click "Import a Wavefront OBJ" to open it. It'll say Python Script Error, Check Console. I'm not sure if you close blender if you have to re write the script or not because I got a little pissed off and closed it down and thats when it started telling me error. But the first time I followed the steps i did not get this and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Locate the converted file you want to import and click "Import a Wavefront OBJ" to open it. A new box appears, check the same buttons as the next screenshot:

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/5...utoimpobs0.jpg

If anyone can help me out; please do because I'm getting upset why this is not working for me. I've followed all of BOGEY JAMMERS "Rendering with Blender Tutorial" So I hope some one can help me out and let me know if I'm doing anything wrong or what not

P.s. I'd greatly apperciate the help
Thanks -Mike
Any luck?
#3 - robps
Did you read the Warning text?
Quote from Bogey Jammer : WARNINGS:
  • This tutorial was written under 2.42a version of Blender, .obj importation within Blender 2.43 crashes, so the current best solution to import .obj file is to keep a 2.42a Blender installation for importing .obj files. 2.42a and 2.43 installed on the same computer work fine, there's no conflict if they don't share the same directories. I'll will adapt the 2.42a obj importation script to be usable with 2.43. Of course an ultimate solution consist to write only one script which import cmx files directly into Blender and use its interface...

It sounds like you're using Blender 2.43.
Quote from robps :Did you read the Warning text?

It sounds like you're using Blender 2.43.

Yes I'am using 2.43 .Well where can I get 2.42a at, I googled it and it'll only allow the 2.43. to be downloaded. If you can send me the 2.42a version I'd apperciate it. If you have the ZIP file can you post it for me, or something. Thanks
When I go to click the Download Blender 2.42 link it'll take me straight to 2.43. Any help?
When you click on my link above it downloads the 2.43 version?! are you sure??
Quote from Bogey Jammer :When you click on my link above it downloads the 2.43 version?! are you sure??

Not the bottom link. I'mall kewl now just trying to learn it now, It's pretty complex, I cant seem to get the colors to stay and not sure how to load a skin and such, also how do i get the tire texture?
Guys i 've found the 2.42 in a older archive file, but i got the same error than 2.43, i'm going crazy!!!!
Which car are you trying to import? Do you want me to PM you the .blend file?

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG