The online racing simulator
U32 Dedicated Host
(35 posts, started )
Quote from SamH :Oooh.. errr... bugger!

If enough people ever leave the STCC servers we're running, for me to shut it down, I'll do that!

You need to get into the evil sysadmin mode, and send an rcm telling everyone it'll shutdown in X minutes for X minutes
#27 - SamH
Quote from the_angry_angel :You need to get into the evil sysadmin mode, and send an rcm telling everyone it'll shutdown in X minutes for X minutes

Yep! hehe!

I seized the opportunity at about 8am GMT. There were about 15 people across 2 of the STCC servers and most of them rejoined. Logging is now enabled, so we should get some helpful info
Quote from Scawen :OK, there must have been at least *some* message for each person who got disconnected. Like "X disconnected" or "Lost connection to X" or "X timed out".

Do you have logging switched on, on the host? "Log Messages" in cfg.txt - can be set to 1.

Happy new year!

Our servers are run by Franky500 (500Servers) so as he will be reading this maybe he will set the servers to log messages, It may help sort this problem out.

By the way, we allso get the MP-stash message and its normally 2 people who are disconnected and sometimes more than 2.

Have a great 2007, and are you taking up my offer of a Free trackday this year....
Quote from birder :Our servers are run by Franky500 (500Servers) so as he will be reading this maybe he will set the servers to log messages, It may help sort this problem out.

Ill sort it during the day Tuesday some time Birder.
I think there really needs to be a /log command. At the moment it can only be changed by restarting the host - and that's not good.

Quote from birder :Have a great 2007, and are you taking up my offer of a Free trackday this year....

Thank for for reminding me of your kind offer. I would like to go to a track day this year. Though we're also trying to get S2 "finished" sooner rather than later. Finished in quote marks because it will still be developed after being "final". It just won't be alpha or beta any more. I also need to move house at some point because it's a bit hard working in such a small house with a baby who makes so much noise when he is finished amusing himself and his mother is in the middle of something but HE wants her attention, or when he's tired, or when his nappy is changed, or... or... whatever hundreds of things make him MOAN so many times a day! It would be very nice if there wasn't just one thin floor between me and him haha he's so cute but does he MOAN!!!

Anyway my point is I want to get on the track reasonably soon and I hope this year though I see a busy (but good) year ahead of me!
#31 - Jakg
well Scawen, your the only person that can do that
#32 - SamH
Actually a /log=logfilename.log would be great. We're running 5 STCC servers off one .exe at the moment, and everything from all of those servers is tumbling into one deb.log file. Truth is, it's making the logfile a bit useless, really, because it's impossible to determine what's happening on which server in that file. I could run the servers on different executables, but then I need to issue a ban for 5 separate servers when someone needs toasting.
makes sense... noted...
Well, a day or two off to play on a track seems like a reasonable use of time. If, say, you wanted to play on the Hethel track or Snetterton then I'm sure one of us East Anglian boys (Fordie, Danowat, myself etc) would gladly put you up for the night to save travelling. And I'm sure you'd find a lot of other welcome homes around the country, depending on when/where the trackday took place.

Or you could go home the same day.

Have you thought about using polystyrene to insulate Leo's "area", or your working room somehow. Ear Muffs? Can you program a noise-cancellation program to take Leo's noise, invert the waveform, and play it to cancel out Leo as much as possible? You could call it Live for Peace and Quiet
Quote from Scawen :I think there really needs to be a /log command. At the moment it can only be changed by restarting the host - and that's not good.

Thank for for reminding me of your kind offer. I would like to go to a track day this year. Though we're also trying to get S2 "finished" sooner rather than later. Finished in quote marks because it will still be developed after being "final". It just won't be alpha or beta any more. I also need to move house at some point because it's a bit hard working in such a small house with a baby who makes so much noise when he is finished amusing himself and his mother is in the middle of something but HE wants her attention, or when he's tired, or when his nappy is changed, or... or... whatever hundreds of things make him MOAN so many times a day! It would be very nice if there wasn't just one thin floor between me and him haha he's so cute but does he MOAN!!!

Anyway my point is I want to get on the track reasonably soon and I hope this year though I see a busy (but good) year ahead of me!

Just email me when you need a rest from the baby and the missus and the screen, but i agree keep working on S2

1) FZR Sounds
2) ............

Couls you PM me or email me with the best area for you so i can keep you informed of dates

Regards

U32 Dedicated Host
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG