The online racing simulator
Will we get map mods in the future?
I ask this because there are so few tracks in the game right now and it would add some life into the game
There are very few tracks in the Demo, but if you visit this link:

https://www.lfs.net/shop

you can buy several more tracks and enjoy them for the lifetime.
XD
xDDDD
Given the very very scattered quality of car mods as we have right now, I do not think that this would be a good idea. The car takes a lot of time to make, but the track is another level of difficulty - we would have so many crappy stuff that you can't even call a track Smile and that is what the game does not need.

Just leave Eric alone and let him finish the existing tracks first..
Quote from rane_nbg :Given the very very scattered quality of car mods as we have right now, I do not think that this would be a good idea. The car takes a lot of time to make, but the track is another level of difficulty - we would have so many crappy stuff that you can't even call a track Smile and that is what the game does not need.

Just leave Eric alone and let him finish the existing tracks first..

If somethig is bad quality u just give it bat rating and never use anymore. Simple.
Quote from versiu :If somethig is bad quality u just give it bat rating and never use anymore. Simple.

That's exactly what new players will do with whole game if they encounter such "quality" tracks when they try out the game - rate LFS badly and never use it anymore. Yup, simple...
Quote from michal 1279 :That's exactly what new players will do with whole game if they encounter such "quality" tracks when they try out the game - rate LFS badly and never use it anymore. Yup, simple...

1. They still need to pay for S3
2. If they drive on all 7 tracks few times they also never drive it anymore.
3. Worrying about someone who can judge game basing on mod content is a bit silly.

U seem to be very closed to any development or opening this game to more people and u lack of some knowledge. Modders in RBR making stages for years now and it really good quality models and ain't riped from other games. Also in Assetto Corsa there's modding teams who scan road themselves, doing photos etc to make map.
#9 - VladM
Quote from michal 1279 :That's exactly what new players will do with whole game if they encounter such "quality" tracks when they try out the game - rate LFS badly and never use it anymore. Yup, simple...

I agree with versiu on this one. You're underestimating the abilities of what LFS players are able to do. New players wont rate LFS badly because of crappy user-made track mods. They'll skip over them and go to a better one. The good mods will filter themselves out, same as how it's happening with car mods right now. Mod support is only 7 months old now, and we're already seeing very high quality mods, even though this system is unknown to most people. And it's strange seeing this position from you Michal, seeing as you're one of the first adopters of the mod system. But I digress, track mods aren't the focus right now, especially for the developer team. I'd rather see the new graphics system and physics system implemented rather than see Scawen get distracted by something else.
Quote from versiu :U seem to be very closed to any development or opening this game to more people

That is a strange statement considering I'm indirectly responsible for existence of mods in LFS in first place. But I'm not here to brag about it...

Quote from versiu :Worrying about someone who can judge game basing on mod content is a bit silly

It is perfectly valid concern for a game where vast majority of content consists of mods.

Quote from versiu :Modders in RBR making stages for years now and it really good quality models and ain't riped from other games. Also in Assetto Corsa there's modding teams who scan road themselves, doing photos etc to make map.

Yep, that's why. Modders in RBR and AC are doing great job and put in massive effort. Meanwhile most modders in LFS take random model of their favourite car from sketchfab, load it in editor and export to LFS. Physics is wonky, lights don't work, shadow does not exist,... Feels like with the editor it is easy to make a mod, but hard to make a good mod.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see well made custom tracks in LFS, but what I'm trying to say is - LFS is not ready for community-made tracks. And even less so is the community itself. I've been told how hard to use the track editor is compared to the vehicle editor, we are not ready for it. At least not until LFS modders do the mods at the same quality level like RBR and AC modders do...
Quote from michal 1279 :Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see well made custom tracks in LFS, but what I'm trying to say is - LFS is not ready for community-made tracks. And even less so is the community itself. I've been told how hard to use the track editor is compared to the vehicle editor, we are not ready for it. At least not until LFS modders do the mods at the same quality level like RBR and AC modders do...

If the track editor is similar to the car editor I doubt it would ever induce the same kind of quality we see with for example Assetto Corsa, where modders far surpass the original product's track quality these days. Many of the big track builders (Alfie, Lilski, Gunnar333, Phoenix) were actually new to track making, but because the provided SDK was close enough to general modelling tutorials out there or procedures used for older sims, you didn't have to figure every last step out on your own and could use professional modelling/texturing programs to their full extent. LFS is not intending to do the same.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG