The online racing simulator
Event 5, Kyoto National (LX4&LX6)
Though.. I think we could safely remove LX4 from the list Or are there any LX4'ers there?

Anyway, tuneup races were good stuff - we'll see more of that next weekend. Remember to post your hotlaps before the deadline, I'm feeling reluctant to add you manually because you didn't have time illepall You have about 4 days now, that should do it

Okay then.. see you on track
Quote from varjsa-9 :Anyway, tuneup races were good stuff

Sorry!!! I saw you run wide and took a wider line so both of us could get through but I went to wide and hit those kerb things and I snatched, I should have braked but it seemed safe at the time.

Apart from my slight mistake putting FienDi off, it was a good tune up race.
Congrats on that brilliant avatar Bawbag!

Solar Hydro
Quote from Bawbag :Sorry!!! I saw you run wide and took a wider line so both of us could get through but I went to wide and hit those kerb things and I snatched, I should have braked but it seemed safe at the time.

Apart from my slight mistake putting FienDi off, it was a good tune up race.

Ahh.. never mind - it's ancient history now. Besides I had fun in server nr1
Quote from Solar Hydro :Congrats on that brilliant avatar Bawbag!

Solar Hydro

That is quite ........what's the word I'm looking for?

Good One Beaner Bag
#6 - t1ger
Quote from varjsa-9 :Though.. I think we could safely remove LX4 from the list Or are there any LX4'ers there?

I still haven't fully decided which car to run. So far I have posted my hotlap in the LX6, but it is the car I hate the most (maybe apart from RAC) but I can not justify losing 4-5seconds a lap with the LX4. I will try and practice some more to try and get more consistant, but chances will be few and far between.

I am still only using the RACE_1 setup at the moment too!!

Good luck all (including me!)

Tim
Tim, if your online or you give me your e-mail I will send you my set if you wish, most people use it, I origionally got it off Jeep so it can't be all bad.

As for my avatar, it rawks doesn't it! Had it years ago for a forum I was on and only just found it amongst all the crap on my pc the other day, I like to think it was me in the womb (Sp?)

The mid-section seems to be the most consistent for me, but it also seems that I can still shave off atleast a second by getting good first and third sectors in row. Yet again the same problem as always in quali-hotlapping: no time. This time because of holiday

Very nice combo.
#9 - t1ger
Quote from Bawbag :Tim, if your online or you give me your e-mail I will send you my set if you wish, most people use it, I origionally got it off Jeep so it can't be all bad.

As for my avatar, it rawks doesn't it! Had it years ago for a forum I was on and only just found it amongst all the crap on my pc the other day, I like to think it was me in the womb (Sp?)

Thanks Bawbag - I saw you on line just now, but you were busy racing and the LX6 wasn't on that server so you would have needed to join another server to send it - so its OK! I haven't practiced as much as I would have liked, so I will take my chances with the default RACE_S set.

I am around people I know from the last race, so it will be ok.

I love your avatar too!

Tim
-
(Bonetti) DELETED by Bonetti
-
(Bonetti) DELETED by Bonetti
Race 5 debriefing :)
thanks
Thanks for replay.

I was disconnected from server, so my host replay would have been buggered.

Also sorry to all for being late to host, I've never been late before.

Good racing, shame is such rubbish car!
The Pool 1 MPR and stats have been provided to the FienDi's.
Congrats to all drivers, and congrats to our live commentator Fireball!

Solar Hydro
Cursed by the Blackwood forest guru? (pool3)
Like in the tuneup race last Sunday, a thunderstorm came and tried to spoil my race again. But unlike the last time it was a proper thunder and the power went off a hour before the start and I had my computer back on 16.02 GMT and just made it to the race. I had had a 1½ lap practise before the power went down so the setup modification to the race was pretty much random

And the race. It was start from 4th and I was totally owned on lap 1. Didn't really figure out how to drive until the last laps and then I even overdrived and took one too long slide and lost the the two HOT (team name) guys (illepall) I allmost catch. Nothing special, had a first 1st split under 36 secs the very first time which was nice but nothing else :P

Hope to see you all in Southcity in the MRT in two weeks, maybe the Blackwood forest guru stops bullying me
Well......Was not a bad race for me.

At the start Jonesy got away from me and Misko and I was in 2nd, Me and Misko were fighting for position for a couple of laps then he bumped past into T1, little bit of contact, nothing special. Then I just drove and held onto Jonesy and Misko for a good few laps and Jonesy hit that stupid kerb on 2nd last corner and it spun him.

So I was chasing Misko on my own and keeping the distance between us about about 2 seconds then on about lap 18 I just touched that kerb and it spun me around nearly half way, So I was facing the wrong way on track and took ages to get back round again (Well it seemed ages)

So now I have Jonesy on my tail with Rudinobo right behind him but I kept my cool and put a little bit of distance between us and done a 1.16.96 split and a really good last sector but what dya know, screen goes black and I get the msg "LFS has encountered a problem and has to close"

....Speaks for itself really, I was thinking that my luck had changed as I actually made it to 20 laps without any majour issues but I guess it's all still their.

Well done to whoever finished where.
Bawbag I was commentating on your fight for the lead mate - really UL about that all
Live commentary starts at 7:30GMT (8:30BST - 15minutes time!) for the pool 6 race
Ah, that was a mental fight :P I was just starting to get some really fast times and I could see the gap going down before I got spun by the phantom kerb.

Oh well, pretty much over it now, at least I got a bit of adrenaline for the 1st few laps.
Didn't make a good start off the line, and with some team drafting effort Jonesy and Bawbag got past me before T1. On lap 2 I tried to pass Bawbag on inside in T1 but he kept it on outside and got in front for the next left corner. So on next lap in same situation I tried a bit harder and we touched a little as we entered the corner and I was through. It wasn't a clean pass but it wasn't dirty either, I dunno. Like Bawbag said it was "nothing special" but I'd be happier if I'd made that pass better. If it wasn't for that I'd be totally satisfied as this race just went perfect for me.

Shame that Jonesy spun on that silly kerb just as I cought up with him. Same thing happened to me too on lap 15 but I was lucky to just slide a bit and not spin around. Would've been an even better race if Mercury guys didn't loose it there, as I really enjoyed both LX6 and Kyoto National. It was very challenging and I'm happy I did well here. Racing in LX6 (or whole LRF class) is just so great, I love it.
Yea, doesn't bother me though becuase whether I was 1st or last the game would still have crashed.

I was just thinking earlier it's been a while since it crashed in a league race, guess I tempted fate.

But the kerb, it's not although you can really prevent it as it only happens sometimes (I rarely ever used the kerb but this time I just touched it) and after that you just have to try and recover it. Everytime it's happend to me except today I have done a full 360 without stopping and was on my way, but that was my lucky today.

Maybe put it in the improovement section, or bugs because really a little kerb shouldn't spin you, should it?

Anyway, well done Misko as I couldn't get back into the server to say so.
Sad sad day
Well me race report is pretty short, because me race was pretty short.

I was hit twice by the same car and was launched for a flying start (the bad kind) even before I had reached turn one :weeping:

So sad, I had really been looking forward to this race, because I love the feel of this combo. It's almost like driving driving an arcade game, the lx6 just wants to power slide around every corner.
But it was not to be.
Attached images
Lx6 launched.jpg
I had another great race. Pool 2 again, started 8th on the grid and gained 2 or 3 places at the start, passed 1 more later only for some charging through the field types to get me about mid distance.

Didn't make any major mistakes which kept me with the leading bunch, a couple of people crashed out to get me to 5th by lap 20.

The smell of Tukko and a podium pulled some pb's out of me, then with a timeout on the last lap and an almost race ending mistake from Tukko I finished 3rd and within 2 tenths of 2nd place.

I had hardware problems with my main computer and this backup-one can't run lfs, so now-show from me this time

Would have really liked to race this combo
bad race for me
Really bad - congrats to FF Millers who won.

Great commentary by Fireball!

Next race, MRT in SO Sprint 2. Last time out I won on MRT @ Sprint one, can I have a repeat performance, we can only hope.
Quote from garph :The smell of Tukko and a podium pulled some pb's out of me, then with a timeout on the last lap and an almost race ending mistake from Tukko I finished 3rd and within 2 tenths of 2nd place.

I didn't know that I smell so good (or maybe bad.. hmmm... )

omg the last lap was real pain, lost my concentration totally and went out in that fast right turn pffff... luckily I managed to keep it somehow in control and gag behind me, but these kind of ends aren't good for health Good race after all, grats to pool 2 superiour winner NoGhost
Due to the Force Feedback to simulate the weight shifting when I was catching a slide, my wheel suddenly uncentered itself... And to make matters worse, it offcentered itself a little bit further every time I caught a slide afterwards (which then came regularily), till I had to point it at 2 o'clock to make the car go straight (on a 180°-wheel!)... illepall I tried to keep up with the pace, but it was of no use... In lap 21, when all has been lost, my wheel decided to center itself again (sort of)... Result: last finisher in Pool 3... When I looked at the grid, I knew it would be tough, but I didn't thought I would fight my wheel more than my opponents... :ashamed:

Event 5, Kyoto National (LX4&LX6)
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG