The online racing simulator
Master server timeouts & lag issues [Old Thread]
Something seems to be going on with the master server. People are having lag issues on a NL server, some are timing out.
When I try to ping master.liveforspeed.net, it also times out for me.
Yea. +1

I can't connect to almost any server, if I connect I get lost connection and I hardly even open LFS websites. (lfs.net and lfsworld.net)

There seems to be an issue.

Btw. My speed test just in case.
#3 - FIZ
yes I can confirm, this site also is veeeeery slow
Unfortunately we had to cancel today's GTi Thursday event because of server issues. From 40 starters only 20 drivers finished 25-minute race and it wouldn't be fair to these less fortunate ones.
now the whole master server isn't responding
I thought it was my USB modem problem, untill i found this thread. What's going on? I have same problems.
I can't unlock LFS at all cause of the master server. Suppose I chose a bad day to upgrade.
Yes, there has been a heavy and sustained attack.

Sorry, but someone wanted to spoil your fun this evening!
Quote from Scawen :Yes, there has been a heavy and sustained attack.

Wow, this is very sad.

Hope whoever is responsible get's his karma soon.

For the little and quite beautiful community we have here at LFS, it's quite sad digital attacks on hosts and even the entire service happen so frequently, what a shame. Shame on you, responsible one(s).
Indeed just tried joing a server online to practice and couldn't connect.

Hope it all gets sorted quickly, just a spoiled evening for everyone I rekon.

Idk why would anybody do such things
#11 - cuni
Quote from Scawen :Yes, there has been a heavy and sustained attack.

What kind of ? DDOS?
Some examples of the connections during Fragmaster's GTi Thursday Race.

Attached images
FM GTi Thursday-3.png
FM GTi Thursday-2.png
FM GTi Thursday-1.png
Is the attack still going?
And if not, any possibility for an estimation when the master host could be back online? Frown
Master server still down as of time of posting
Still down
Looks like having mods in lfs is hurting certain someone?
Thats great news actually lol.

Call me anything you like, but this is very suspicious in my eyes.
The entire world can't connect to LFS, but this guy is on TC Two? xD
Quote from rockclan :

Call me anything you like, but this is very suspicious in my eyes.
The entire world can't connect to LFS, but this guy is on TC Two? xD

Nah
I was on this server too, for many hours, we were only 3 players who survived, good pings, no time out. regular drivers doing a lot of kms, normal behavior.
At the beggining of the mess many players got kicked out, tried to connect but most got errors or time out. Dunno why I was able to connect without problems and a normal 40ms ping.
After a moment, noone tried to join anymore for 2/3 hours but we continued to enjoy the server normaly.
When I disconnected, I couldnt reconnect on any servers.
Now I can connect again.
Well, the most logical is that the hosting providers are giving revenge for losing some money due to hosting scheme change after the update.

Pathetic indeed. However, I'm happy to see that our team had the most drivers in the race, go AA Smile
Still down, if anyone's lazy to log onto to check Tongue
Yup still down here too, been trying for the past two hours to connect Frown
Quote from BeNoM :Yup still down here too, been trying for the past two hours to connect Frown

Just found this thread, yikes, still can't connect.
Quote from Timoonn :Nah
I was on this server too, for many hours, we were only 3 players who survived, good pings, no time out. regular drivers doing lost of kms, normal behavior.
At the beggining of the mess many players got kicked out, tried to connect but most got errors or time out. Dunno why I was able to connect without problems and a normal 40ms ping.
After a moment, noone tried to join anymore for 2/3 hours but we continued to enjoy the server normaly.
When I disconnected, I couldnt reconnect on any servers.
Now I can connect again.

Another solo guy, again another cruiser?
Quote from rane_nbg :Well, the most logical is that the hosting providers are giving revenge for losing some money due to hosting scheme change after the update.

Pathetic indeed. However, I'm happy to see that our team had the most drivers in the race, go AA Smile

I think the reason is recent attempt to try and take down lfsvoldemorts discord server.
Hi all,

Unfortunately we have been ddos'd heavily since last night and you have been feeling the results of that attack.

I don't think pointing fingers to people here is of any help. It's most likely people who can't play anymore or cannot use the new version anymore who have some grief towards us and want to take away the fun for everyone.

I'm in touch with our hosting provider and we're looking at solutions to this problem. There are some in fact, but it requires some infrastructure changes so it can take a while before those are in place.
In the meantime Scawen and I are also looking into other solutions when it comes to the master's availability, to ensure people can continue to play even if the master is attacked.

The master currently works. One game hosting node is offline atm though because it was also attacked. If you have a dedi that you can manage through the control panel here on the site but you cannot join it, please feel free to report that here and I'll see if I can migrate your dedi to another machine.
This thread is closed

Master server timeouts & lag issues [Old Thread]
(63 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG