The online racing simulator
Can't believe any kind of full speed layouts are not done yet to Layout Square.
Just FYI, I am doing Full Speed Banked Quad Oval to this track area, where people can test their vehicle speed and characteristics of being fast. It will be 42 degree banking, 4 near identical corners, start/finish line and a pitlane.

UNLESS someone else is happening doing it, then I drop this out ( doubt it though ).

Don¨t expect this to be my comeback, I am just a visitor and giving "helping hand" no one probably asked, but everyone who creates stuff, may need it.

EDIT: Will put in this thread, once I have finished. So far only one corner is made.

EDIT2: Will NOT put in this thread, as this is rather discussion about features than layout itself.
You'll run out of objects most likely. I tried a different approach (without banking),which needs like 2800 or so objects to be properly made. Shrug So my project currently is on hold and will either wait for raised object limit or used half open and dangerous.
Few weeks ago, I made a very large circle layout, which was 1.3km in diameter, 4km (2.5 miles) in circumference.

Large enough that you should get a fair idea of what speed you can get from any vehicle, although depending on your direction, one of your front tyres is going to take a lot of wear and tear.

Good track if you want to practise your keyboard driving skills, as you constantly have to tap, tap, tap... to turn.
Attached images
LA Large Area Cicle layout.png
Yeah... seems like I need to consider few things:

Object Limit: 2400 ( minus 40 slots of spawns, 40 grid, 40 or 20 pitboxes and 4 checkpoints with finish line ), makes total of 2296

Another feature is that highlighting, i know I was the one who requested it before, and it is still very usable to have, but I guess having option to hide/show with keybind would do more drastic effort.

And If I ever want to make this as huge, I need to consider having rather lower amount of banking, sadly so.

@sinanju, I have done before similar rings before, those are up in my Flat Out! package I made back then, simply renaming circle shaped layouts into LAXX and it should be good to go.

I did 4 corners already, total amount was 868 objects, having lower part of it is yet another 868 objects... then having smooth bank starts and exits probably eat rest of it.

So yeah... I can see now why it's not done.

However...
I just wanted to see largest circle I could make on a flat surface just turning long objects 1 click before placing.

For most cars, should be ok for top speed runs.

I don't know if it's just a keyboard issue, but at full throttle on a motorbike mod, I can't get bike to lean more than 10 degrees so can't test top speeds inside the circle track edges Frown

If I go full throttle, then stop trying to accelerate, the lean angle goes to exactly 20 degrees. Then back to 10 when I use throttle again.

Attached images
Motorbike.png
Tongue

Alright, I MAY have found a way to do something... it must be circle though.

EDIT: Yeah, this might become good!
#7 - Racon
Quote from Racon :We raced one of your fig8s on friday Wink

This might save some time/counting if you're doing big curves:
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thre ... lding-arcs-of-LYT-objects

Wayyyyyy too unsmooth man. This thing is in whole different league! Trust me! This is even first time I do this thing.

Corners are ready, but now have to smoothen entrance. This takes some time, as this isn't your everyday circular layout. But then again though, so wasn't my Disc of Mayhem either.
I look forward to driving on this! I've missed racing on your MTDZX server a lot UM21.
Quote from PopnLochNessMonster :I look forward to driving on this! I've missed racing on your MTDZX server a lot UM21.

that team is completely dead. I did put out of it's misery.

On the other hand though, I managed to drive nearly 500km/h on this layout ( Modded car of course ). Several laps smoothly, despite it is 4,6 meters eccentric and contains two sudden re-entry apexes. Technically speaking, it has 4 corners, still being circle, lol.

Bad news is: The biggest work of it starts... now ( smoothen entrance... UGH... BLAH...Already frustrating, A;SD )

EDIT: Worse News... impossible, I happened to ran out of objects due not enough smoothness between bankings next to each other...

However, it is not disaster though, have to compromise some aspects. It will be "playable" for sure.
It takes a lot of time, but eventually this will be a perfect high speed full flat out track with pitlanes and such.

EDIT: ( My brains did go full "turd" mode, but now pic is visible lolz

EDIT: Furthermore, do not take any attention to center red wall line, that is simply for myself to create balanced walls on both inside and outside.

EDIT4: Have to take now a nap, wasted too many hours for nothing, but next time it will be successful. Just hard work and takes somewhat time, but worth it!

EDIT5: Diameter is approx 3650 - 3680 meters. And it is "somewhat ". 4,9 meters offset ( eccentric, meaning it is 4,9 meters wider on Y-axis compared to X-axis. )

Technically, it has 2 different corners, due eccentric. To be looking on different perspective, you could call them as four different corners.

Banking is set to 6 degrees, thus it wont be suspension killer, and should be drivable with basically anything that turns.
Attached images
rata.jpg
Question!
To make this, total objects used now is 2325 of 2400. 75 available. Technically I can make whole 40 spots with start grid and pit start, but no pitlane, unless I change something.

Question is: Do you need pitlane?

EDIT: Technially speaking even that is also possible, but vast emptiness must be kept in center. We'll see. Track itself is race ready, and oh man it is kinda appealing. Can do some details with color schematics and perhaps some indicators.
Attached images
trtr.jpg
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :To make this, total objects used now is 2325 of 2400. 75 available. Technically I can make whole 40 spots with start grid and pit start, but no pitlane, unless I change something.

Question is: Do you need pitlane?

EDIT: Technially speaking even that is also possible, but vast emptiness must be kept in center. We'll see. Track itself is race ready, and oh man it is kinda appealing. Can do some details with color schematics and perhaps some indicators.

First, I would like to say this looks amazing, and I can't wait to try it up, good work Thumbs up

Why not just use the pit box, instead of making an actual real pitlane etc... I think, some tracks in USA, have this similiar option, I don't really remember here.

So, if possible, with the few objects that you have left, you put the Pit Boxes on the left side, ofcourse paralell to the finish line, and some signals before it, so drivers can slow down and not missing it.

Sorry for my english, hope you understand what I am trying to say Schwitz
Already finished layout. Will update when more objects
Curious for an update as well Smile

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG