The online racing simulator
Mods approval - it's based on community ratings
Hello Community Members!

It took a while to get going but for the last 3 days we have approved four mods each day, based on your ratings.

There are a lot more good mods, with high ratings, but still not *enough* ratings. We would like to approve more each day but there is no way the developers can do all the testing, and our mod reviewers, who are volunteers, can't do that either.

That's why we have a community approval system. YOU rate the mods, and we'll approve the good ones! For now it is a manual process but we plan to make it automatic after a while.

Your ratings are needed in the following categories:
  • Overall
  • Technical
  • Graphical
  • Physics
  • Animation
  • Engine sound
Please make sure you do this for your favourite mods. Mod creators appreciate the support. Hug

You can get to any mod's page either:

- through the vehicle mods page Thumbs up

or:

- click the star rating beside the mod in game Thumbs up

Thanks! Smile

Notifications about the approved mods can be found on this thread: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/96603
How sliding is this scale for approval?

We only have one motorbike approved based on ratings in a car heavy community; although the inclusion of 2 wheel racing could change that down the road (fingers crossed).

Can some of the other bikes be looked at by staff members for their approval and inclusion, or the bike modders wont get much justice. Frown
We aren't looking at mods for approval if they don't have a lot of votes in all categories. That's what we are saying, it's a "community approval" system. There is no way that volunteer reviewers are going to be trawling the list of low-voted mods, looking for ones that should be approved, despite being missed by the community. I had a random look at some of the bikes and can see they are way short, in number of ratings.

We've added new ratings in game (from test patch A5). So it's easy to give ratings, in the garage or on the mods screen. I hope people will use the test patch and give ratings to their favourite mods, or visit each mod's web page by clicking on the comments link below the rating stars.
Is there a checklist for mod approval?
I ask because I saw this post: https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1986522#post1986522
The mod is good but it was approved without having LODs. It seems like something a checklist would have caught. I could start writing such list but not sure if there already is one but of there is demand.

Mods approval - it's based on community ratings
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG