The online racing simulator
I think the free server thing should be removed
hello, the new version is very good, but the free servers should be shut down, it's unfair for those who pay.
Thumbs up
#2 - Ped7g
it's not the same service.

the free servers are temporary.

paid servers are dedicated for the owner and run non-stop except maintenance restarts.
Quote from Ped7g :it's not the same service.

the free servers are temporary.

paid servers are dedicated for the owner and run non-stop except maintenance restarts.

I know, but every server that comes in front of you opens it, it's a bit ridiculous
The option to host server at home at no cost except for electricity was removed, so this is the alternative for those who want to still have some fun at own small temporary server at no cost again.

These free servers shut down as soon as they are not used and have limited functionality, so to run a proper server you still need to pay as usual.
Quote from michal 1279 :The option to host server at home at no cost except for electricity was removed, so this is the alternative for those who want to still have some fun at own small temporary server at no cost again.

These free servers shut down as soon as they are not used and have limited functionality, so to run a proper server you still need to pay as usual.

I am using the original server, there is no problem about that.Smile
#6 - Gunn
The option to create a 'free' server has always been in LFS. The difference now is that the 'free' server is not hosted on your own PC but rather it is hosted on an official dedicated LFS server.
Without this option some players would have nowhere to race without an astronomical latency and they would not necessarily have control of the session.
Quote from By Hizli :hello, the new version is very good, but the free servers should be shut down, it's unfair for those who pay.
Thumbs up

To rephrase your suggestion in laymans terms,

"Hello, the new vehicle mod patch is excellent, but the free server option should be removed because not enough chads are visiting my own server and I feel robbed"

You do know that the free servers die as soon as there's no one there, which means it's only really good as a temporary service, rather than permanent subscription, right? Don't take things away from people who can't afford to chuck cash at a server host just to open a quick 5lap race with their friends overseas. There is no one-size-fits all solution here.
As others have pointed out, it is not the same thing

Also, free servers can be a great introduction to the game (it is how me and my friends got into LFS)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG