The online racing simulator
Brapant 600L
(17 posts, started )
#1 - VladM
Brapant 600L
Hi, started work on this a few days ago, trying to learn my way through the programSmile

what i'd like to get done in the future:
-better steering animation
-better interior + exterior modelling
-better wheels

base is from:
https://sketchfab.com/DeclanMcCulloch
Attached images
5.png
2.png
An awful lovely car! :-)
Very fun! amazing engine sound and hilarious to drive!
Some people noted their FFB was very light and suspected "negative caster" in suspension.
It raced nice against the GORB 65.

Maybe needs some tweaking?
Attached images
trab.jpg
My only complain perhaps only this Speedo which aren't quite positioned right, overall I really enjoy this car !
Attached images
Live for Speed 18_12_2021 19_38_00.png
#6 - VladM
Quote from ivancsx :My only complain perhaps only this Speedo which aren't quite positioned right, overall I really enjoy this car !

i know about this issue, dont really know why it does it, i will try to find a fix in the next update Smile

Quote from Gutholz :Some people noted their FFB was very light and suspected "negative caster" in suspension.
It raced nice against the GORB 65.

it has 0 caster, i will add a bit of negative caster in the next update, maybe it'll help. you also have to realise its only 660kg and with a rear bias.
I think caster needs to be positive. But better check with people who know better Smile
#8 - VladM
Quote from Gutholz :I think caster needs to be positive. But better check with people who know better Smile

i meant positive Smile my bad, i uploaded a small update, let me know if it feels better!
#9 - VladM
So with the latest update, i managed to get skins working! so if anyone wants to get creative, i've attached the wireframe template, along with the black outline and shaded skins in this post.
Attached images
6e220b_blackandwhite.jpg
6e220b_shaded.jpg
6e220b_wireframe.jpg
VladM This is amazing!!
Was waiting for a skintemplate for be released. Awesome, love the Trabant.
I was wondering whether the Kombi variant of the Trabant could be in the works? If that's too difficult no issue whatsoever. Smile
Quote from Averro :VladM This is amazing!!
Was waiting for a skintemplate for be released. Awesome, love the Trabant.
I was wondering whether the Kombi variant of the Trabant could be in the works? If that's too difficult no issue whatsoever. Smile

Thank you, really appreciate it Smile. I would love to do a kombi version, but sadly the number of configurations dont really allow me to. I'll try to find a compromise, I'm also working on a hot version of the trabi, so stay tuned for that Smile
Quote from VladM :Thank you, really appreciate it Smile. I would love to do a kombi version, but sadly the number of configurations dont really allow me to. I'll try to find a compromise, I'm also working on a hot version of the trabi, so stay tuned for that Smile

That's awesome, no need to hurry but would be great to see it happen. Personally I adore the Kombi even more than the regular Trabi. Smile
This car is awesome to drive fully loaded Smile
Just a little tune up Smile- 290 hp of two stroke power and slick tyres (engine specs & power curve are real - custom made V4 two stroke engine, 1500 cc / 11 000 RPM / 290 hp / 5 speed sequential,... of course, engine was not fitted in trabant, but prototype car, 18 years ago)
Attached images
Screenshot_2021-12-28-21-08-43-237_com.miui.videoplayer.jpg
Screenshot_2021-12-28-21-05-22-573_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
Screenshot_2021-12-28-21-05-16-282_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
Screenshot_2021-12-28-21-05-03-299_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO gotta cruise these
I got a 'Cross-texture triangle' error when I downloaded this mod...

Attached images
Brapant error message.png
gg I just found out the steering wheel has the Trabant text & logo, and I have been driving this car sometimes since it was released almost

Not sure about the radio. Can't make out if the logo is Clarion or if its edited to be read Clanon, so I'd suggest probably changing that too

If you can, fix this ASAP so it doesn't get removed
Attached images
lfs_00000087.jpg
lfs_00000088.jpg

Brapant 600L
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG