The online racing simulator
DK OFFICE ZENKl (Drift mod)
Hi! Since patch W released we already can see a lot of mods which have just great appereance comparing to stock LFS cars, especially some "drift spec" cars. The bad thing is the steering and suspension tuning of these mods. I can be happy drifting just with XRT even more years, but seriously, dont understand how u simracing guys could spend few days in Blender and just 5-10 minutes in Editor! We play LFS or GTA?
Personally i dont know much about suspension engineering and my 3D skills are even below the zero, but LFS Modeller looks promising, so whatever.

This car inspirated the project:

Dont know actual manufacturer brand, but car looks pretty good, so it must drift good
Here is the driver of car, famous fisher.

And let the madness begin!
Whats done this weekend:

-Mesh converted to OBJ, centered and scaled precisely
-Interior partially grabbed from FZ, just for test
-Simple frame made of 17kg tube, just like XRT
-40kg tube strut towers, rear subframe and chasis main bars (measured by chasis points i found in car's factory service manual)
-Original car's Center of Gravity and Center of Masses
-Driver and steering wheel position
-Original car's F/R brake balance with VHPA brake disc tool
-F/R thrust bearing exact positions (factory service manual)
-Rear subframe+suspension lower and upper arms located precisely(thanks to subframe CADs published on grabcad.com)
-Original car's coils and shocks stiffness(thanks KEI Office)
-Original car's steering geometry and gear ratios (thanks factory service manual)
-Engine 90% WIP, and no sound (well default one is not bad)
-Wheels parameters fit suspension, but still bad 3D
-And the biggest mountain: original car's suspension geometry recreated with precision)

More info post about suspension geometry will be soon probably!

What to do:
-Some smooth and neat changes of exterior and interior of this good quality 3d model
-KS-05R wheels and steering wheel 3d models
-Textures, textures and textures
Attached images
body1.jpg
body2.jpg
brakes setup.jpg
steering.jpg
steering1.jpg
steering2.jpg
rear.jpg
lfs_00000011.jpg
body3.jpg
Are we actually going to get an S14 Silvia that feels real!??? I’m excited for this
Aloha!

This project is not dead, but still a lot of things to do especially with 3d model. Luckily, i have more spare time now.
Some suspension aspects were completely reworked this month, and, well, that was some interesting engineering experience, and i can say now its 99% right on spot.

Here is some video of physics testing procedure

Stay tuned and Happy Holidays!
Great approach with body service manual and subframe points. Had same idea but mine is already built around XR platform, so I leave it for later. Too much rework and not enough numbers.

I hope you didn't quit it.

I have S13 manual and have all the points, but it's hard to find the upright/knuckle and links measurements. If you have some info - please share.

Also I found this. It may be helpful for you as well.
https://blog.gktech.com/blog/s-chassis-rear-subframe-comparison/

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG