The online racing simulator
Cant go fast
(7 posts, started )
Cant go fast
I have played a few racing games in the past, but for some reason (even though I get started) my car seems to go so much slower than the others. Shifting from gear 1 to gear 6 takes like 7 seconds, however, my car is slow.
#2 - gu3st
LFS is one of the few sims (other than iRacing) that simulates clutch temperature. Are you possibly burning your clutch? There's CT displayed onthe F9 and F10 screens. If it's red, then you may be experencing a slipping clutch which will hinder (and eventually fully prevent) acceleration.
Is LFS picking up that youre going full throttle? Intake restriction on the car? Maybe weight reduction? Clutch wear is something that could the case as well. Meh Setup & bad driving habits cause you to be slower than other racers?
Hey there ;-)

The best thing you could possibly do is to share your car setups with other racers.

Just search for a decent Server that suits you and has people every day. When you frequently show up there you will aquire some helpful contacts rather quick.

I did it the hard way. Before i even thought about racing, my content was to be Testdriver for myself. I changed things on cars for months and tested every single change i made on track.

I still share setups i make frequently even after so many years.

Nothing can replace feedback you get from people that are actually using your setups.

And to stay on topic..., if you want to be real quick and want make use of your skills in serious races you should be able to remove minor flaws that your car has.

I wouldn´t rely on others, especially if you are in a competition with them ;-)

The learning curve is a bit steep, but once you´ve made your first steps into it.., creating setups kind of becomes as much fun as driving itself.

It´s one of the reasons this game will never get old.

In LFS you can use a World Record setup from someone else, join some races and still lose against people that improved that same setup for their own driving style. Just had that 2 days ago. A hand full people using the same WR setup, that had no chance to keep up with me, because I managed to get more out of it.

Those were experienced drivers playing this game for ages. Happens from time to time, that even veterans feel slow like you again Rofl

Spectating people to gain track knowledge, a clue about their gearbox and different lines that are effective also kind of is very important if you want to be fast. There are Corners and Chicanes in this game that can cost you 3-4 seconds. Just a simple Chicane (As National last Chicane).

You can be the best driver and have the best car setup. But if you dont know how to approach this chicane "OldMcFart" will steal 3 seconds from you anyways Razz
#5 - Gunn
Quote from FlyingStudios :I have played a few racing games in the past, but for some reason (even though I get started) my car seems to go so much slower than the others. Shifting from gear 1 to gear 6 takes like 7 seconds, however, my car is slow.

What type of controller are you using?
Which car are you driving? (pit limiter)
Ahaaaaaaaa yes someone actually in lfs discord had the same problem, he was with G920 wheel and his clutch pedal was not calibrated correctly. He was with ''Auto gear shift'' on too.. Try adjusting your clutch if you drive with 3 pedals wheel and turn off ''Auto gear shift''
Quote from FlyingStudios :I have played a few racing games in the past, but for some reason (even though I get started) my car seems to go so much slower than the others. Shifting from gear 1 to gear 6 takes like 7 seconds, however, my car is slow.

Are you using default setup's ? , if so then you will notice a difference in speed compared to other peoples cars.

Cant go fast
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG