The online racing simulator
Mods System Suggestions - OLD
(149 posts, closed, started )
i dont know if its been suggested, but it'd be nice to have a button or hotkey to select all points with bad normals
May i suggest something? BURGER/BALL/RC/BUS/ etc... categorized in Funmod and the others mod categorized in simulation mod? When a thousand of mod is maked...Big Eye
Quote from iiiiil :Can we have this kind of view for list of mods please?

This is a good idea, after one month, the scroll will be infinitive.

Also, two ingame suggestions from me:

[1] Make mods filter remember last selected options. I'm getting tired of changing "show all mods/staff approved" + "show tweaked mods -> yes/no" inside the game.

[2] I like trying new content. Maybe old mods get updated a lot, but I hardly find the new mods. When I sort mods by date, I see old ones and I have to scroll and search, to find new ones. (maybe they are old by date of upload, but get approved at some point and that's why they show somewhere down in the list) So it would be nice, if you rethink the "date" sorting.

Cheers, LFS with mods looks way sweet now (obviously the fact that there is new content every day/week makes it sweeter).
#104 - DMD
Maybe we can get a shadow kit for the jdx100 from someone? Smile
Attached images
$RMBPFJ8.jpg
Recommend maximum zoom out on the editor,or a button to reset the P view. every once in a while I get so strangely zoomed that I can never find the car again
Quote from RE Amemiya :Recommend maximum zoom out on the editor,or a button to reset the P view. every once in a while I get so strangely zoomed that I can never find the car again

These buttons reset the view.

Attached images
originobject.png
The handlebars of motorcycles could move on the screen to create the animation of the driver, every time I go to animate I need to put the handlebars as the steering wheel.
They do if you use "steering wheel" object instead of "handlebar".

EDIT: Sorry, I see you mentioned that. I take your point, that could be done. Actually "steering wheel" type object is acceptable as the handlebar. I think it's more convenient at the moment.
There could be an option for the mod creator to be able to create variations of the mod itself, I made some mods and put them in to disallow modifications, but I would like to make some more powerful versions of them.
Are we going to get an increased triangle count limit by any chance? The 32k tris limit seems unnecessary. Is the game going to be able to load UV maps as well as materials any time soon? With how tedious the process currently is, I don't see anyone making car mods that look any good.
Hello friends!

I don't know if anyone has already made this suggestion, but it would be interesting for AI to use mods when we want to run offline races.
Is there a way to "convert" sounds from Car Sound Remixer to use in their respective mods as an engine?
dont know if it's been suggested, but the ability to break off subobjects from within a subobject. having to merge a subobject only to break off one small part of it then break the rest off again is a chore
It would be interesting to have a button on the suspension adjustments, to be able to raise the car until the wheels are off the ground, I have some mods that would need to limit the suspension travel.
Quote from henricat2006 :It would be interesting to have a button on the suspension adjustments, to be able to raise the car until the wheels are off the ground, I have some mods that would need to limit the suspension travel.

This might help Thumbs up
Quote from PedroXDBR :This might help Thumbs up

I tried this way, but I can only limit how much the car lowers, but it keeps lifting a lot, if I decrease this value the suspension hits the stop, but when it lifts it doesn't have a stop.
I would love a max down or max wheel travel modifier as well. Lots of off road cars would perform better with 700mm of travel, but the rules say 320 or 350! (Sometimes less)
@Scawen I saw even a lot of the frequently used cars barely having ratings either, wouldn't it be a better idea to showcase the "most used" mods or "most downloaded" or to have these as a sorting category. This I found is an easier way to tell me which mods are used the most and would help to prioritise the "better" more used mods.
@scawen hey, i thought this would be a helpful tool to add to lfs editor
The ability to lock bone on all frames or a single frame
This helps if we adjusting single bone position, rather than modifying every single frame after that, we just move and lock it in place for all frames without other unlocked bones being effected.
In the Suspension Diagram it would be a good idea to show how much each wheel is turning, to make some parallel steering adjustments
A suggestion for the website, could show the torque and power graph, just to complement the information.
Tyre Temp locker or management.
There's an inherent issue with the way ratings work.
First of all the fact that it's anonymous leaves room for people with differing reasons to either rate mods that are sub-par either too highly, or mods which are actually very qualitative very low. Discussing with fellow players we've come to the conclusion that the best solution would be a histogram-type rating system, in which you can see the numbers of each individual rating.
I've attached a picture of what I mean. I think this will help differentiate between actual good mods that have been review bombed and mods that are bloated in rating.

Attached images
zcbzcb.png
Quote from VladM :There's an inherent issue with the way ratings work.
First of all the fact that it's anonymous leaves room for people with differing reasons to either rate mods that are sub-par either too highly, or mods which are actually very qualitative very low. Discussing with fellow players we've come to the conclusion that the best solution would be a histogram-type rating system, in which you can see the numbers of each individual rating.
I've attached a picture of what I mean. I think this will help differentiate between actual good mods that have been review bombed and mods that are bloated in rating.

https://www.lfs.net/attachment/292351

I second this idea.

Another suggesion was to reveal all usernames and their ratings, but I don't think it would help the situation - if anything, it would result in more negativity, and naming and shaming. Or perhaps those notorious 1-star reviewers would think twice?
This thread is closed

Mods System Suggestions - OLD
(149 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG